booked thru travelocity- got worst flights ever!

PA8880

We sail NOS march 17th. just recieved our flight information. HOrrible connecting flights with many layovers. NOw we were thinking about flying in night before and staying at a hotel. Do you think we will be able to book the night before with a direct flight??????i just want a direct flight! Anyone ever changed flights?

And unfortunately, trying to contact Travelocity about a problem is near impossible.

Sorry this happened - glad you posted it to warn others about booking through Travelocity or any of those type of booking engines. It is best to book your cruise through the cruise line and your air through the airline directly so you have no surprises like this.

Can i cancel the flights and book thru airlines or am i stuck with them? My bf called rccl and they said to contact travelocity, when he did, the agent said we very might be able to change the flights. but it wasn't definate

cancel that garbage and book your own flights,you should be able to find better times and seats too,we always book our own,because if you let cruise line do it you end up with layovers,bad connections,etc etc,and we save money by doing it ourselves too,do your self a favor and rebook:))):p ;)

Have you checked to see what flights are available to you that are better than the ones you received? Not to defend Travelocity, but you are flying during Spring Break and many flights may have been sold out long ago. The problem may also be your gateway airport which might not have many (or any) direct flights to the port city that your cruise leaves from. I have found that it is always good to know my various options before deciding whether to book flights on my own or through the cruiseline. If you are a Crown and Anchor member at Platinum level or below, you could have used their custom air program to request specific flights. Check out possible alternative flight arrangements so that when you speak to the travelocity agent again, you will be able to suggest certain flights if his alternatives aren't as good.:)

Make sure you can find flights before you cancel....that time is considered spring break and there are many many people booked already. Also make sure you can find a hotel you want to stay in if you plan to go the day before. Many hotels have a two night minimum for spring break and the prices are very high.

Good luck,

You will probably have to pay a fee to change it too, like the difference in flights + misc booking fees. Make sure it is worth the $$ to you. If you bought a non-refundable ticket and you really hate the times you will probably have to eat the tickets and simply buy new ones. I am a control freak so I always buy my own so I know what I am getting.

Here is a great website I like to try and they generally have cheap tickets too

airgorilla dot com

good luck and hope you can get things worked out!

You booked your cruise through Travelocity and requested the cruise line's handle your air.

Traveleocity did not select your flights, your flights were part of the blaock space the crusie line uses.

Now thaqt you have it all figured out, one more thing (a little thing)...

I think you are looking for a NON-STOP flight, if you say direct to any airline, that means you are willing to take flights that leave your hometown and arrive at your destination, BUT can make stops in between..ie you do not get off the plane. You do not connect to another flight, but you still make a stop (or stops) on some DIRECT flights.

We used Travelocity for the same dates....3/17 on the Navigator. We used RCCL air and were very happy with what we got. We fly out of Memphis, one stop in Atlanta going and coming. And by using RCCL to book the air, we saved over 200 a person. We got the confirmation from Delta with the price we would have paid and it was 200 more than what we paid through RCCL.

So each experience can be very different.

We have used Travelocity for air to Voyager, Adventure, Jewel, and Navigator and we never had any problems. We did not book it with the cruise, though. We booked the cruise and then book the air with Travelocity weeks or months later. At least you got it straightened out. Before one of our trips, not a cruise, we booked the wrong day. Don't know how but we had a hell of a time getting it changed- I haven't flown Delta since. I've started flying AA and Airtran, like them both.

we did it through the phone. so i guess we dont get to choose. we were able to change flight returning home to make better. for an extra 190 dollars. i will NEVER do that again!!!!!!!!!!!! you live and you learn

In my experience with the big online travel companies, if you book a cruise by calling you will be connected to a third party travel agency that contracts to the the online one. and you will get stuck with their service and their service fees for example a $75 cancellation fee. So check your statement to see who you booked through and what all the fees are.

Make sure your charges are all charged to the cruiseline. I think you booked cruiseair, not air through Travelocity.

another thing to watch for with these third parties is that they do no like to honor lowering prices. I have had to argue that the national online travel agency advertises that they will honor the lower price to get them to. So just because you worked with the online guy for plane tickets, it may different for cruises.

Hope it all works out. We all live and learn.:)

we did it through the phone. so i guess we dont get to choose. we were able to change flight returning home to make better. for an extra 190 dollars. i will NEVER do that again!!!!!!!!!!!! you live and you learn

In my experience with the big online travel companies, if you book a cruise by calling you will be connected to a third party travel agency that contracts to the the online one. and you will get stuck with their service and their service fees for example a $75 cancellation fee. So check your statement to see who you booked through and what all the fees are.

Make sure your charges are all charged to the cruiseline. I think you booked cruiseair, not air through Travelocity.

another thing to watch for with these third parties is that they do no like to honor lowering prices. I have had to argue that the national online travel agency advertises that they will honor the lower price to get them to. So just because you worked with the online guy for plane tickets, it may different for cruises.

Hope it all works out. We all live and learn.:)

OKAY FINALLY got everything straightened out.

originally our flights were to leave baltimore at 6am. arive in detroit at 8 something. 4 hour layover then flight to miami. and on the way home- fly out at 10am to atlanta. 7 HOUR LAYOVER then fly back to balt. it was HORRENDOUS.

after many phone calls and 240$ worth of fees, we got two direct flights.

YOU LIVE AND YOU LEARN. from now on, i will ALWAYS book my flights on my own.!!!!!!

Archived