Celebrity 2008/2009 Itineraries Thread

Andy

Hi Stacey:) so nice to see you again too!

Thanks for the good wishes and I hope you and your Mom

have a wonderful time as well:)

Hopefully one of these days I will be able to do

a T/A too......

I am looking for something for next year as it will be

the BIG 50 for me...LOL. Galaxy for 10 nights is looking

like a good possibility! Want to go?

Lois,

It's my BIG 50 next year also. We have been looking at what to do also. Have thought of Hawaii although not to sure. We might just go to Vegas

Oh...we are 1958 babies;) big group that year:D

I know Vegas is fun but not sure I want to spend a week there:eek:

And I have not been there in years so nothing would be comped

for me...now, if I could get a free room for a few nights.....LOL

Naaa.....

Cruising would be my first choice for such a memorable day:)

Actually, next month I sail right ON my birthday! 3 weeks

from tomorrow!

And to get back on topic a bit.....I am one of those folks

who loves Mercury and even though I live in Florida, I will

miss her when they delete this Mexican Riveria Itinerary:(

Stace, seriously?:D :) too bad we couldn't get Raad, Mandy,

Michelle, Noah & John & Lynn to go with us?

I was just looking through some of my pictures from our

cruise:) we had a great table!!!!!

And remember our Key West Pub Crawl?

That really was a wonderful cruise.

Check the Celebrity Site.....I am going to

put a deposit down while on Mercury...(gotta get that onboard

credit)....either Feb 15th or March 7th Galaxy, not sure which

one yet.

Andy, sorry I got your thread a bit off topic.

Also, it seems to me that those who fly into South Florida from the northeast, (and I am sure other regions too) pretty much have to fly into Ft Lauderdale. American is the dominant carrier in Miami, and every time I price fares for my family, the fares are MUCH higher than say a Jet Blue or Southwest.... not to mention the time and cost of transferring from Ft Lauderdale to/from Miami. Overall, I feel that Ft Lauderdale is a much better option than Miami. I truly hope Celebrity will listen, and make that change in 2008.

Andy, I used to fly into FLL and drive down to Miami. However, MIA has made great efforts to compete with FLL. The last few times we've flown down, MIA has been just as cheap, fly American AND other airlines.

I agree the Celebrity terminal is not so great. The terminal for Freedom of the Seas was quite nice. Maybe RCI could invest a little money to spruce the terminal up a bit. I definitely enjoy sailing along the causeway and out by South Beach.

As for hopes, just waiting desperately for the Alaska itineraries to open up. Gotta see the glaciers before they are all melted.

Century back in Port Everglades...that would be

a dream:) 7-10 nights would be a magnificant dream:D

I will be on Mercury in 3 weeks. I wonder if sometime during

that particular week the new schedules will start arriving.......

somewhere between 3-18 and 3-26.

I will be visiting the Cruise Consultant...whoever it is!

Can someone who just returned from Mercury maybe

tell me who the Future Cruise Consulant is?

Lois, her name is Natalie (sp?) and she is from Canada.

Ed

My 19 and 16 year olds have become fascinated with the Amsterdam/Norwegian Fiord 12 nighter. They also really want to do the Century again. So for my sake I hape this is available. They are also insisting on the FOV. When did I loose control of my vacation choices?

We are also waiting to hear about this itinerary for 2008. We already did the Constellation, British Isles and Fjords and it was breathtaking. We can easily see ourselves spending 12 days enjoying the beauty of the area.

It would be great for your teens, because you can do "adventure" sight-seeing which they would really like.

Let's hope they repeat this itinerary!

Personally, I would like to see some sailings that don't ignore the entire Southeast. Wilimington, NC, Charleston, SC (never did understand what happened there, the Galaxy sailing that we did from Charleston was certainly full), Savannah, GA, and even Jacksonville, FL are reasonable drives for us in Charlotte and that gets us away from being at the "mercy " of USAir. Every time that we have flown into Miami, it's been a nightmare ( I just don't find KMIA to be a user-friendly airport), and would love to spend the airfare on the cruise itself.

Bet that doesn't happen.

Hi Ed,:) thanks for the reply. I might have met Natalie before

but I can't be 100% sure.

As for your suggestions of sailing out of the SE....you will

get a thumbs up from me too:D I love Charleston and would

be thrilled if I could sail from there!

guess we can agree to disagree-we are taking Century out of Miami in April but after that we will not book anything from that port--too inconvenient & expensive to access from FLL...Have done both & Port Everglades is much better

Wish for future cruises are some new islands & less crowded ports...

Stace, seriously?:D :) too bad we couldn't get Raad, Mandy,

Michelle, Noah & John & Lynn to go with us?

I was just looking through some of my pictures from our

cruise:) we had a great table!!!!!

And remember our Key West Pub Crawl?

That really was a wonderful cruise.

Check the Celebrity Site.....I am going to

put a deposit down while on Mercury...(gotta get that onboard

credit)....either Feb 15th or March 7th Galaxy, not sure which

one yet.

Andy, sorry I got your thread a bit off topic.

Lois--

You're right...that was a fantastic cruise! It would be so wonderful to get everyone together again.

Like I said, keep me posted and it may work out that I could be looking for a trip early next year. I doubt I'd be able to make a Feb sailing, though as that is a busy time at work, but March is a possibility! :)

Oh, and to keep on topic here....I'm all for Celebrity returning to Baltimore or other more Northern East Coast ports. Charleston, Baltimore, Philly, etc.

Personally, I would like to see some sailings that don't ignore the entire Southeast. Wilimington, NC, Charleston, SC (never did understand what happened there, the Galaxy sailing that we did from Charleston was certainly full), Savannah, GA, and even Jacksonville, FL are reasonable drives for us in Charlotte and that gets us away from being at the "mercy " of USAir. Every time that we have flown into Miami, it's been a nightmare ( I just don't find KMIA to be a user-friendly airport), and would love to spend the airfare on the cruise itself.

Bet that doesn't happen.

I would love to see Celebrity bring a ship back to Norfolk for 2008. The new state of the art Half Moon Cruise and Celebration Center is slated for completion in March 2007; here's a link with more info! http://www.cruisenorfolk.org/

Bet that doesn't happen.

Hi Ed !

Sorry to say, but I agree with you. I bet it doesnt happen either.

While I certainly agree that some of your list of ports deserve a Celebrity ship (at least seasonally), I cant see it happening until the Solstice class is part of Celebrity's fleet.

The good news is, once the Solstice class ships are sailing, it should give Celebrity more options and they may move a few of the older ships to some of the ports you mentioned. I feel your ideas could happen, but in 2-3 years. Time will tell.

Bet that doesn't happen.

Hi Ed !

Sorry to say, but I agree with you. I bet it doesnt happen either.

While I certainly agree that some of your list of ports deserve a Celebrity ship (at least seasonally), I cant see it happening until the Solstice class is part of Celebrity's fleet.

The good news is, once the Solstice class ships are sailing, it should give Celebrity more options and they may move a few of the older ships to some of the ports you mentioned. I feel your ideas could happen, but in 2-3 years. Time will tell.

Hello,

Just as a reminder, Celebrity already disclosed some information about the Spring 2008 Transatlantics in a 2006 press release on Europe:

Constellation returns to Europe on April 11, 2008, on a 13-night transatlantic voyage from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., featuring Celebrity's first calls on Brest, in the Bretagne region of France, and Cherbourg, the gateway to Normandy, France.

Galaxy will return to Europe in 2008 on a 15-night transatlantic voyage departing San Juan on April 18.

Floris

Please...pleeezzze Celebrity have a summer Caribbean itinerary from the northeast. I don't even care which islands just somewhere. Those of us with school age children sailing from the northeast are being abandoned by Celebrity. As a result we are sailing Princess this year.

If I cruise I don't want to fly. If I'm going to fly...I'll do a land vacation in Italy/Europe and visit family and friends.

OT: Hi Lois...:)

Be careful what you wish for, they might send you for an extended overnight stay in Casa de Campo! :p

Floris

Hi Floris !

Let's hope Casa De Campo isnt in Celebrity's 2008/2009 plans. Somehow, I bet it will be.

Hi Lori,:) so you are trying Princess? You will have to give

a comparison upon your return.

Andy, Rick is on Galaxy now, correct? I agree with you....

he has always given us a wonderfully informative list

of the new season.

Andy, Rick is on Galaxy now, correct? I agree with you....

he has always given us a wonderfully informative list

of the new season.

Hi Lois !

How are you ? I hope all is well !

Yes, Rick is on Galaxy now. Lucky him. Hopefully, he is having a great Cruise. I am sure he will catch up with us when he is back home.

Hi!

I'm going to throw my 2 cents into the mix. We live in Toronto and have taken cruises both out of MIA and FLL. We hate the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. Their system of dealing with the luggage, the size of the departure areas of the terminals and the lack of half-decent food concessions is horrid. Although MIA is busier, they seem to be more organized and they certainly have the room to accommodate the crowds. On Sundays when the cruise ships return and everyone is going home, there is no room to move, not enough seating, and very grumpy staff at FLL.

We had a bad experience on the Millennium at New Years 2004 (really bad) and we are Celebrity people. Because of that, we did switch to Princess. We did the Sapphire out of LA the following December and just returned from the Carribbean Princess. Although both boats were lovely....the service and the food was not Celebrity. There were definite plusses to Princesss.....the buffet is open 24 hrs so that if you return from a shore excursion you don't have to eat pizza or room service; and I have to say the price was little better...but not that much better. We have decided to return to Celebrity.

We are also looking for 2008 but we are wanting a TA returning from Europe to North America (Nov or Dec); alternatively, Panama canal for the same period. We will keep checking the site. I will also keep checking this thread for any news that you might find out before I do.

We would also like to see more ships leaving from the Northeast. It certainly is cheaper, easier and quicker for us to fly out of NY, NJ or MA; even Baltimore is better. I had not thought about Charleston but it is a city I have also wanted to see and if we cruised out of Charleston, we would likely stay a few either on either side of a cruise to see the City.

Joy

We would love to see a 7 day Carib cruise on the Century (have done this twice in the past). Until we retire in a few years we really can only do 7 day cruises duirng the winter. Airfares are so expensive during the winter breaks that it is just really not worth it to do a 4 or 5 day cruise. We just returned from the Westerdam (HAL) because of the itinerary, and while we enjoyed the cruise, we prefer Celebrity. We have sailed on the Mille and did not want to do that same itinerary again. Last year cruised on the Infinity (loved it) but this year she was not doing any 7 day cruises. Celebrity really needs to bring back another ship for 7 day carib cruises besides thye Mille (many of us teachers out there who only get a week break and cannot do a 10 day cruise). Thanks for starting this thread and hopefully Celebrity will listen. Vicky

Archived