wine package on Princess?

mitzykka

We were on RC Voyager last year (wonderful Mediterranean cruise!!) and they had a wine package on the ship where we could purchase 5 bottles or 7 bottles and then each night at dinner our waiter would bring us the wine list and we could choose what we wanted. If we didnt' finish the bottle, no problem--they'd cork it and bring it back the next night.

Does Princess have somethign like this or is it just one bottle at a time you order each night?

thanks

Matt

They will cork an unfinished bottle for you. They have wine tasting event and you buy some there for a discount. It is more costly now than ever before. We buy a different bottle each night/ There is a $10 corking fee if you bring your own, ea. if you buy one on shore you can bring Wine onboard the ship.

There is a $10 corking fee if you bring your own, ea. if you buy one on shore you can bring Wine onboard the ship.

Thought it was $15 now??

From the passage contract on the Princess website.

Carrier kindly requests that You do not bring alcoholic beverages of any kind (except wine and champagne) on board for consumption. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free, from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports of call will be collected by Carrier personnel for safekeeping and delivered to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A member of Carrier’s security staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of Your alcoholic beverage purchases. A corkage fee of $15.00 per bottle will be applied to wine and champagne consumed in the ship’s restaurant.

I could only find a short bon voyage gift wine list - I called and the lady said that was allthere is but there has to be a more extensive selection - any ideas where I can find a wine list for Princess other than the Gift Page??? :confused: Thanks Debbie :D

I could only find a short bon voyage gift wine list - I called and the lady said that was allthere is but there has to be a more extensive selection - any ideas where I can find a wine list for Princess other than the Gift Page??? :confused: Thanks Debbie :D

As of November 2006

Enjoy this partial listing. If you have questions on a particular wine, just ask.

Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne $48.00

Veuve Cliquot Champagne $64.00

Dom Perignon Champagne $165.00

Korbel Brut Sparkling Wine $24.00

Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante $26.00

Korbel Rose Sparkling Wine $28.00

Pouilly Fume $28.00

Pouilly Fuisse $32.00

Chablis Premier Cru $44.00

Chassagne Montrachet $56.00

Verdicchio Fazi Battaglia $24.00

Niersteiner $26.00

Piesporter Goldtropchen $26.00

Fetzer Valley Oaks Chardonnay $24.00

Wente Estate Chardonnay $25.00

Rosemount Chardonnay $28.00

Kendall Jackson VR Chardonnay $30.00

Beringer Chardonnay $34.00

Cuvaison Chardonnay $38.00

Wente Estate Syrah $26.00

Rosemount Shiraz $29.00

Chateaunneuf du Pape $30.00

Gevery Chambertin $42.00

Chateau Talbot $92.00

Barolo Stefano Farina $42.00

Brunello di Montalcino $46.00

Luce della Vite $75.00

Ornellaia by Frescobaldi $138.00

Kiara Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon $24.00

Wente Estate Cabernet Sauvignon $25.00

Rosemount Cabernet Sauvignon $28.00

Fetzer Valley Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon $29.00

Kendall Jackson VR Cabernet Sauvignon $30.00

Kenwood Jack London Cabernet Sauvignon $45.00

Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon $78.00

Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon $125.00

Caymus Special Selection Cabernet Sauvignon $145.00

Muriettas Well Meritage $44.00

Don Maximiano Reserve Meritage $69.00

Opus 1 $195.00

Fetzer Barrel Select Merlot $28.00

Kendal Jackson VR Merlot $30.00

Benziger Merlot $34.00

Schug Merlot $56.00

La Crema Pinot Noir $30.00

Ferrari-Carano Merlot $38.00

Calera Pinot Noir $36.00

J Wine Pinot Noir $44.00

Kenwood Yalipa Zinfandel $26.00

Seghesio Zinfandel $35.00

Frogs Leap Zinfandel $42.00

Larkin--what ship is that from? We're sailing on the Pacific Princess and I'm concerned it will have less availability, due to the size....We're bringing wine for our cabin but decided not to bring any wine for dinner (because we're boarding in Anchorage and aren't sure what we can buy locally, and we don't want to fly across the country and drive around Alaska for a week with our wine...) Thanks!

As of November 2006

Enjoy this partial listing. If you have questions on a particular wine, just ask.

Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne $48.00

Veuve Cliquot Champagne $64.00

Dom Perignon Champagne $165.00

Korbel Brut Sparkling Wine $24.00

Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante $26.00

Korbel Rose Sparkling Wine $28.00

Pouilly Fume $28.00

Pouilly Fuisse $32.00

Chablis Premier Cru $44.00

Chassagne Montrachet $56.00

Verdicchio Fazi Battaglia $24.00

Niersteiner $26.00

Piesporter Goldtropchen $26.00

Fetzer Valley Oaks Chardonnay $24.00

Wente Estate Chardonnay $25.00

Rosemount Chardonnay $28.00

Kendall Jackson VR Chardonnay $30.00

Beringer Chardonnay $34.00

Cuvaison Chardonnay $38.00

Wente Estate Syrah $26.00

Rosemount Shiraz $29.00

Chateaunneuf du Pape $30.00

Gevery Chambertin $42.00

Chateau Talbot $92.00

Barolo Stefano Farina $42.00

Brunello di Montalcino $46.00

Luce della Vite $75.00

Ornellaia by Frescobaldi $138.00

Kiara Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon $24.00

Wente Estate Cabernet Sauvignon $25.00

Rosemount Cabernet Sauvignon $28.00

Fetzer Valley Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon $29.00

Kendall Jackson VR Cabernet Sauvignon $30.00

Kenwood Jack London Cabernet Sauvignon $45.00

Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon $78.00

Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon $125.00

Caymus Special Selection Cabernet Sauvignon $145.00

Muriettas Well Meritage $44.00

Don Maximiano Reserve Meritage $69.00

Opus 1 $195.00

Fetzer Barrel Select Merlot $28.00

Kendal Jackson VR Merlot $30.00

Benziger Merlot $34.00

Schug Merlot $56.00

La Crema Pinot Noir $30.00

Ferrari-Carano Merlot $38.00

Calera Pinot Noir $36.00

J Wine Pinot Noir $44.00

Kenwood Yalipa Zinfandel $26.00

Seghesio Zinfandel $35.00

Frogs Leap Zinfandel $42.00

Actually I found these prices to be quite competitive when compared to what you would pay for the same bottle with dinner at an upscale land based restaurant.

Thought it was $15 now??

So you can bring your own wine on board? Is there a limit to how much? My wife and I usually book during birthdays or anniversary and we would like to bring a couple bottles of our favorite wine on board with us. Carnival doesn't have a problem with us bringing wine on board, I'm just curious if Princess does. We might be sailing Dawn Princess in October. Thanks for any input.:)

Hi - I see the "Gift Page" listed - where do we find it? I located it on past cruise for Caribbean Princess but can't locate for our sailing 4/21 Star Princess. Want to surprise hubby with champagne in room for birthday! Thanks.

So you can bring your own wine on board? Is there a limit to how much? My wife and I usually book during birthdays or anniversary and we would like to bring a couple bottles of our favorite wine on board with us. Carnival doesn't have a problem with us bringing wine on board, I'm just curious if Princess does. We might be sailing Dawn Princess in October. Thanks for any input.:)

No problem... Bring as much as you want in your carry on.

• 2 weeks later...
Thought it was $15 now??

What if we open it in our cabin beforehand? I know this sounds cheap, but DH and I like to have our first glass as we're getting ready for the night.

We're planning on bringing back a bottle each from each port as we really enjoy the NZ and Aussie wines...

I asked this question on the soda thread with no answer..

Does anyone know if you can purchase a bottle of wine at one of the bars? The bar list is posted but it only lists glasses of wine. I would like to be able to purchase a bottle of wine without going to the dining room.

There's only a corkage fee if they cork the bottle for you--so if you drink in your room, no fee. I personally would not then carry that same bottle to the dining room--I would drink it all on the balcony ;-)

Make sure you pack a corkscrew--I know on other lines at least, getting one can be a pain in the butt. We have cheapies in all our (checked) bags, because we almost always travel with wine or buy in port/while travelling.

There's only a corkage fee if they cork the bottle for you--so if you drink in your room, no fee. I personally would not then carry that same bottle to the dining room--I would drink it all on the balcony ;-)

Make sure you pack a corkscrew--I know on other lines at least, getting one can be a pain in the butt. We have cheapies in all our (checked) bags, because we almost always travel with wine or buy in port/while travelling.

Ours is part of our first aid kit, also in our checked luggage. I consider it essential survival equipment :D

We'll try the carrying to the dining room thing - one glass is about all I can handle before dinner or DH will be carrying ME to dinner. I assure you the bottle is much lighter!

Has anyone seen a Wolf Blass, "Eaglehawk" red cab on the list?

Actually I found these prices to be quite competitive when compared to what you would pay for the same bottle with dinner at an upscale land based restaurant.

I just checked our passage contract, and it does say $15 cork fee if you bring the wine to the table.

My husband and I agree that the wine list looks comparable to what we would see in a restaurant here in STL. Same mark up. For example we bought a bottle of Rosemount Shiraz, and that is around 10 bucks at the grocery store. That is about a 3x mark up. Depending on the year for the Dom, $165 is not a bad mark up.

Also, for the person looking for the Gift list on Princess...here it is http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/gifts/cellars.html.

:)

Some contracts say $10 and some say $15. In the dining room they charge $15. Miy contract said $10 so I convinced the purser's desk to change the charges to match the contract. I don't mind $15 if I plan for $15.

I agree with beach chick. Princess wine list is much more acceptable than RCIs. Better choices and better wines. RCIs package includes many bottles that are cheaper to buy from RCI by the bottle than in the package, have to do the math to see if you are paying more simply because they are in the package. Also when you do a package some wines listed are not available and they do not substitute in kind just from the list, so if they run out of the rioja you just have to pick another wine from the package list.

I think the OP will be happy with Princess' winelist. I even saw a few acceptable choices for $20.

Hi Cowprintrabbit; (Interesting screen name;-)

The corkage fee for bringing wine to the dining room is more than just a charge for removing the cork. Plus, your waiter gets a percentage of the fee. It includes chilling the wine, if necessary, providing the proper glasses, actually pouring the wine when you need a refill, and storing your wine if you do not finish it all. They will save it for you and return it the next night. Just because you open your wine in your room will not always prevent a corkage fee from being charged.

We usually bring a few bottles of our favorite wine and purchase some at dinner several nights. We keep a bottle or a box in our fridge in our room for room consumption, and take UNOPENED wine to the dining room.

fair winds

Dave

Archived