2008 Deployment Schedule

Ella2

We got the same cabins for both cruises. We snagged 9256 for us and 9258 for our boys. This is my son's graduation present for next year and we have family in Anchorage so we figured we could spend a couple of days either way with them. DH thought it would be a good idea to fly in and out of one place for the cost since there are four of us flying. We can now just use FF miles and not have to worry about the cost of the flight. Can you tell I am excited??

We have pretty much only sailed Celebrity, I think a change to RCI will be a nice fit! Any tidbits I might need to know?

Nancy

We got the same cabins for both cruises. We snagged 9256 for us and 9258 for our boys. This is my son's graduation present for next year and we have family in Anchorage so we figured we could spend a couple of days either way with them. DH thought it would be a good idea to fly in and out of one place for the cost since there are four of us flying. We can now just use FF miles and not have to worry about the cost of the flight. Can you tell I am excited??

We have pretty much only sailed Celebrity, I think a change to RCI will be a nice fit! Any tidbits I might need to know?

Nancy

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557564203cMKLPu?start=12

You booked an awesome cabin -- definitely one of our favourites -- see photos above on the Brilliance (same ship basically). We were originally going to book 9256 and while we were talking to the agent this morning my DH said to go ahead and book 1100 (terrific surprise for me). We have 9256 for our Panama Cruise next January. Are you a member of the Captains Club? If so, you should be able to get any of the goodies of the Crown and Anchor (RCI) Society, e.g. coupon book, welcome back gift, cocktail party, etc. or more depending on your Captain's Club level.

Sounds like a fabulous family vacation.

Kathy

Kathy,

Yes, We have Captains Club, and I guess we will be Platinum on Royal Caribbean. Our next cruise will give us 3 credits, but that will put us just short of Diamond. Oh well. I guess you will be coming off as we are getting on...we will be the ones with the huge grins on our faces.:D Congrats on getting the corner JS..it looks like a sweet cabin!

Nancy

Man this is verrrrrrrrrrrrrry stressssssssssssssssssful.

I've got my daughter now asking when the prices/bookings goin to be out and she's not really interested for her she's just tired of me wasting my days away waiting and talking about it and getting upset when another day/night rolls by and still nothing going on.

First I hear from RCCl that it's gonna be Mon, then maybe Tues, then it for sure should be Wed and now they say when I call from different people either sometime this week or I don't know.

My birthday is tomorrow and I was hopin these bookings would be out of the way so I could enjoy my birthday but it looks like I'll be spending it at home by the computer until I can get these booked.

BOY WOULD THAT REALLY UPSET MY DAUGHTER IF SHE COMES TO GET ME TO GO OUT TO CELEBRATE AND I TELL HER I HAVE TO STAY HOME FOR A FOURTH DAY!

WHEW! CJ :) :)

Happy Birthday CJ!!!

Hopefully you got your bookings done and can now go and really CELEBRATE your Birthday.

Salut

Kathy

What I don't get is why they have the spring Caribbean ITNs out in December of the previous year or more than a year out, (like 15 or 16months) but they don't have the May-Summer ITNs out that soon before the cruise dates. It just seems odd especially when Carnival has had theirs out for several months.

OK enough wining - I admit I am sick of school :eek:and want to plan for next May. At least the planning will cheer me up!

Cruise lines earn their most profits during the summer season, and thus hold their cards close to their vests. Holland American had many of their ships 2008 fall season itineraries posted before their summer season.

You'll notice that almost every cruise line calendar ends in April. It seems in June each year there are two years of itineraries posted, and in April only one year.

The cruise industry repositions many ships for a summer itinerary from their winter Caribbean itinerary.

If anyone is interested I just got off the phone with RCCL and was able to book a 15 night Radiance of the Seas to Hawaii for 2008. Leaves San Diego on Oct 11 2008 and the big plus for us was we got a hump balcony!

Good point and I missed that.........but would definetly make Galveston seasonal at best with nothing in the summer. Thanks for pointing that out........I missed it

Is it just me that thinks the stop in Miami as a port of call is a little weird? :confused: I would have thought Labadee, Coco Cay, Key West, or even Cozumel would have been more likely. Maybe they were all full.

Maybe weird is the wrong word, I guess Miami as a port of call would be alright.

-Mike

Is it just me that thinks the stop in Miami as a port of call is a little weird? :confused: I would have thought Labadee, Coco Cay, Key West, or even Cozumel would have been more likely. Maybe they were all full.

Maybe weird is the wrong word, I guess Miami as a port of call would be alright.

-Mike

I think the Voyager stop in Miami is weird. Especially since it's for such a short time. I booked Navigator over Voyager not knowing the itineraries. I wanted a little longer cruise, but I wanted the Navigator, too. I really wanted to end up in Miami since I live here. Once the itinerary went up, I was really glad I didn't book Voyager. The last thing I want to do is stop in Miami, pay for a continued trip to Galveston only to fly back to Miami. Now, if it was to stop in Cozumel instead of Miami - it would be worth the extra 3 days.

Miami is a dumb port stop for a company who has so many ships that depart from Miami.

Happy Birthday CJ!!!

Hopefully you got your bookings done and can now go and really CELEBRATE your Birthday.

Salut

Kathy

Oh honey, Thanks so much for remembering my birthday.

Yes, my birthday wish came true and on my birthday!

How fast is that for wishes coming true.

I told my DD and she emails me back in great big letters, Thank you Jesus now I can get her out of the house today to celebrate her birthday and away from that computer.

I do have a small problem though, I have on the Radience 1600(corner aft GS), 1100(corner aft JS), 9256 (D1 corner aft) and all the the middle humps available for the sailings I'm going on and now I can't decide which ones to take.

GS 1600 is almost $1,000 more than JS 1100 and JS 1100 is almost $1,000 more than the D1 9256 and the humps. So we're talkin $2,000 to $1,000 extra depending if I get a GS or JS.

I need 2 cabins on both sailings, someone Help!

Honestly which ones would you choose, I understand with GS you get extra goodies and little bigger than JS, but look at the extra I'm paying to get those goodies and everyone loves 9256 as well as the humps too.

So I guess I do have another extended birthday wish for anyone to help with and that is for you to honestly tell me which 2 would you choose for each sailing?

I think I'll start a new post in cabin selections too. I'd probably get more help if any there.

Again thank you for wishing me a Happy Birthday. I diffently celebrated this one yesterday with a great big smile!

CJ :) :)

Oh honey, Thanks so much for remembering my birthday.

Yes, my birthday wish came true and on my birthday!

How fast is that for wishes coming true.

I told my DD and she emails me back in great big letters, Thank you Jesus now I can get her out of the house today to celebrate her birthday and away from that computer.

I do have a small problem though, I have on the Radience 1600(corner aft GS), 1100(corner aft JS), 9256 (D1 corner aft) and all the the middle humps available for the sailings I'm going on and now I can't decide which ones to take.

GS 1600 is almost $1,000 more than JS 1100 and JS 1100 is almost $1,000 more than the D1 9256 and the humps. So we're talkin $2,000 to $1,000 extra depending if I get a GS or JS.

I need 2 cabins on both sailings, someone Help!

Honestly which ones would you choose, I understand with GS you get extra goodies and little bigger than JS, but look at the extra I'm paying to get those goodies and everyone loves 9256 as well as the humps too.

So I guess I do have another extended birthday wish for anyone to help with and that is for you to honestly tell me which 2 would you choose for each sailing?

I think I'll start a new post in cabin selections too. I'd probably get more help if any there.

Again thank you for wishing me a Happy Birthday. I diffently celebrated this one yesterday with a great big smile!

CJ - Glad to hear you had a great Birthday!

I have never been in GS 1600 but have attached a photo of the afts of the Serenade (same as the Radience) which may help you decide. If money is no object, I would chose GS 1600 and JS 1100; rationale is that you would only be down the hall from your friends/family and your party would be able to look out from either side of the ship if something special was happening (glacier calving, etc.) You would then also have the special perks of being in a GS which include Concierge Service.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2796360870095031535ayFXLB

I sure others with actual experience in these cabins will offer some good advice. In any event, sounds like you have things well in hand to have a fabulous cruise.

All the Best

Kathy

Kathy,

Again thanks,

I forgot to mention that the cabins I'm needing is for the DD and her finace and for DH and I which DH and I will be paying for everyone. I diffently will get the better one and just wandering which one to give them after I decide what to take but did'nt want to spend alot on the kids cabin. I think we'll be paying for enough as it is.

Also I'm just curiuos when it comes to the 1100 and 1600 to how noisy it might be above which just happens to be the Windjammer.

...the windjammer isn't noisy at all, particularly during Alaksa cruises as it's too cold for folks to sit and eat outside...we've done 1600 and are doing it again this year...favorite cabin!!:eek:

Anybody else getting fed up with waiting for news about Independence's transatlantic. Every day I get the same story: "it was supposed to be up on Wednesday, no idea what's gone wrong there, it should come up any moment, ..." That's if I'm lucky! Most people I get on the line just go "Independence??? Huh???" :(

Kathy,

Again thanks,

I forgot to mention that the cabins I'm needing is for the DD and her finace and for DH and I which DH and I will be paying for everyone. I diffently will get the better one and just wandering which one to give them after I decide what to take but did'nt want to spend alot on the kids cabin. I think we'll be paying for enough as it is.

Also I'm just curiuos when it comes to the 1100 and 1600 to how noisy it might be above which just happens to be the Windjammer.

Have you tried to get an aft D1 next to JS 1100?

Seems like it would be a great choice that way.

Have you tried to get an aft D1 next to JS 1100?

Seems like it would be a great choice that way.

I love my kids but I think I'd/they would be more comfortable with being next to a stranger than each other.

We'll be getting together for a lot of things while on our cruises besides they're 25/26 so I think they'd probably want there space too and it's still up in the air of whether they'll go or not. They're still thinking about it but I need to cancel cabins I don't want to get all my deposits back and so others can have them to book.

Another thing I don't want to be getting wild and crazy maybe in my cabin with my daughter and her finace next door.

Forgive me if this is already posted, I did a quick scan but did not see it.

RCCL has released the dates for opening of booking 2008 deployments. Here you go. :)

Opening March 14

Europe & Europe Cruisetours

Opening Week of April 2, 2007

Panama Canal

Northeast - Caribbean/Bermuda

Canada/New England

Opening Week of April 9, 2007

Caribbean - Year round/Summer Mexico

Transatlantic & Repositioning Cruises

Short Caribbean

Bahamas

Alaska & Alaska Cruisetours

Hawaii

Opening Week of April 16, 2007

Seasonal Caribbean

Opening Week of April 30, 2007

South America

Opening Week of May 7, 2007

Australia/Asia

Hope that is helpful to those who want to plan ahead! :)

Hi Ella you have any idea on the Hawaii 08 schedule.

Opening Week of April 16, 2007

Seasonal Caribbean

What does seasonal Caribbean mean? I am looking for something between

Jan - April 2009

10 day Carib would be nice..any chance of that?

Archived