Is this too many pairs of shoes?

Sandi149

Hi,

I'm going on my first "real" cruise with my husband in June for 8 nights. The other 2 were only cruises to nowhere. I am wondering if I am bringing too many pairs of shoes. 2 pairs of dressy black sandels, 1 pair of dressy bone sandels, 1 pair of taupe semi-dressy/casual sandels, 2 pairs of sneakers, 1 pair of flip flops, 1 pair of slippers.

What do you ladies think?

Thanks. :)

Honey, if you can get by with those you're doing great! I hope my husband doesn't read this thread, cause he says I bring wayyy too many shoes. From what you say you're bringing it sounds like you have a pair to go with everything. Good job!! My problem is bringing a pair for each outfit. I now have to pack my carryon with mostly shoes, along with my other valuables.:p My daughter says my shoe obsession has become a real problem and that they're going to have to stage an intervention soon.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Honey, if you can get by with those you're doing great! I hope my husband doesn't read this thread, cause he says I bring wayyy too many shoes. From what you say you're bringing it sounds like you have a pair to go with everything. Good job!! My problem is bringing a pair for each outfit. I now have to pack my carryon with mostly shoes, along with my other valuables.:p My daughter says my shoe obsession has become a real problem and that they're going to have to stage an intervention soon.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Ohhh good....LOL!!! All those shoes will go with each outfit that I'm bringing. :D

Thanks. :)

I think you should bring as many shoes as you need to feel good about what you're wearing.

That being said, I would eliminate the duplicates so wouldn't take two pair of dressy black sandals and two pair of sneakers.

I think you should bring as many shoes as you need to feel good about what you're wearing.

That being said, I would eliminate the duplicates so wouldn't take two pair of dressy black sandals and two pair of sneakers.

Well I can't decide on the black sandels, so I'm going to bring both and the 2 pairs of sneakers is because in Tortola we are doing the Baths excursion and I will need to wear sneakers that will most probably get wet.

Haha :D

I have the hardest time packing under 10 prs of shoes. I try to make that my limit--but sometimes I just can't. I would rather have an extra pr of shoes, and double up on wearing a pr of pants twice. I used to have that problem with purses, too. But now I bite the bullet and do limit that!

I always bring LOTS of shoes because I never know what I'll be in the mood to wear, especially during the day. I pretty much have my dinner shoes mapped out for the week. But for day, I bring sandals, flip-flops, tennis shoes, etc. Then when we get on the ship, I put them all in the closet on the shelf and I have my pick every day. :D Sandals and flip flops don't take up that much space in the suitcase anyway. It's the dressy shoes that have to be packed carefully...don't want to break off a heel.

I've learned to cut it down to 5 pair and wish I could cut back more. But, everyone has to do what is comfortable for them, I prefer to pack light.

Hi...and here I thought 6 was doing good:D ;).

I could probably do 5 but I am ok with the extra pair.

See you SATURDAY:D

I didn't understand the title question, so I had to come read.;)

I agree with swapping out a pair of sneakers for water shoes, and I'd skip the slippers. Make room for another pair of shoes! Or perhaps a purse!

I didn't understand the title question, so I had to come read.;)

I agree with swapping out a pair of sneakers for water shoes, and I'd skip the slippers. Make room for another pair of shoes! Or perhaps a purse!

Ahhh the purses.....now I have to figure out how many of those I will bring...LOL!! :D

I always bring LOTS of shoes because I never know what I'll be in the mood to wear, especially during the day. I pretty much have my dinner shoes mapped out for the week. But for day, I bring sandals, flip-flops, tennis shoes, etc. Then when we get on the ship, I put them all in the closet on the shelf and I have my pick every day. :D Sandals and flip flops don't take up that much space in the suitcase anyway. It's the dressy shoes that have to be packed carefully...don't want to break off a heel.

I agree - never know which pair you want to wear especially since I tend to bring way more clothes than I need as well - better to have more than you need is my motto (although DH doesn't agree; just shakes his head and smiles not understanding why I need to take so much stuff with me)

my DH and I purchased Tevas. The type that have soles like tennis shoes (for trail walking, walking around town, hiking) but they are really sandles as well. They can get wet too. We have not used them yet, but i am excited to have been able to mix the 2 (hiking and water).

It looks like you have a little time to make up your mind for sure before you leave. Cyndi

Saylor,

How do you do it?? Carry on only? I just hyperventilated. What about all the liquid stuff they don't allow you to carry on any more? What about the dresses, skirts, shorts....undies even??

Tell me your secret....

A:D

I love shoes and have tons of them but we carry on only so I only take 3 pair, it takes me hours to choose which 3 pair to take.

You only take a carry-on bag? I am just curious because

I am a very low maintenance person but I still need one regular

peice of luggage.....I bring one checked bag and one carry on.

I thought that was very low (compared to some of the

luggage I have seen on a cruise).

You pack everything in the carry-on? Is this for a 7 night

cruise? Do you dress up on formal nights?

So you bring everything on the plane with you rather

than checking everything?

Again, I thought I was a very efficient packer but I know

I couldn't fit it all in one carry on bag.

The clothes are the easy part I love space bags just squeeze it all in. The hard part is the shoes and the make up etc., etc. We have been extending our cruises over the last few years from the 7 - 10 day cruise and then traveling for a couple of weeks in Europe. On the planes such as Ryan Air and Easy jet you have to pack light. We also do alot of traveling by train so it is so much easier just to drag around one bag. I do take a long dress or a long skirt but nothing I have to be careful about packing I just scrunch it up. We also are usually on Princess and they have laundry facilities.

Archived