Freedom Dec. 23 Sailing $ 1,480 inside... ridiculous

Kelan

I'm looking to spend Christmas onboard Freedom or Liberty... I know that cruising on new ships is expensive but this is ridiculous:

Freedom of the Seas 7N W Caribbean

Oceanview / Balcony / Suites: Sold out. (there is a waiting list)

Inside Cabin: $ 1,480 plus taxes....

Liberty of the Seas 7N W Caribbean

Inside Cabin: $ 1,730 plus taxes....

I guess I should look for other ships... maybe Radiance class is cheaper. Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated.

Kelan

Check out the Radiance of the Seas.

The rate for 12-30-07 for a 6 night is $999 pp. It stops in Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I know it is still really high but that is because of the holiday season.

That is absolutely insane. I wanted to sail on Liberty during her inagural season, there is no way I am going to pay $1600 P/P for an inside cabin with four people. The most I have paid was $1750 P/P in a balcony on Navigator last June for 3 people-- and after that I said I would never pay that much for one cruise again. Total after hotel, limo, cabs, excursions, and my onboard account was over $8,500, so we are only taking a short cruise this year :eek: .

I thought about a 5 day on Enchantment, but I went ahead and booked a 7 night beach vacation in Grand Cayman for late June and we are going to be spending a week at my condo in Clearwater in July. I still might cancel the Grand Cayman trip for Enchantment, but it is no more for 7 days on land that 5 days on a cruise. Like I said, I love cruises and I know I will take one in Spring and Summer 2008, but the prices are just starting to get out of sight for the peak season.

I'm looking to spend Christmas onboard Freedom or Liberty... I know that cruising on new ships is expensive but this is ridiculous:

I guess I should look for other ships... maybe Radiance class is cheaper. Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated.

Kelan

That's why I book my cruises when the dates just comes out. My FOS for 11/25/07 was $1020/pp for D1 now its over $1600/pp. I can't wait 'till April 9, 2007 for next years summer deals. Goodluck I hope you find that perfect cruise.

Mariner insides for same date are 1299...Carnival Victory.........799 :eek:

Jewel (6nite) and Voyager 1199

Even Carnivals newest ship,Freedom is only 899 one day earlier...

Boy they make it hard to hit platinum :rolleyes: :p

holidays are always at a premium.

Keep in mind the best prices are booking eary.

For my upcoming Freedom Cruise, I book over a year in advance for an inside cabin 3 people for $2400. Price now for same cabin is $4,600.

My suggestion would be that you come to grips with how vacations are priced during Christmas and quit complaining. Accept it and either book or don't book. Your unlikely to find an inside on any ship on any decent cruise line for less than $1200-1300. Paying a few hundred more for Freedom or Liberty, if that's your choice of ship, seems reasonable to me.

Kelan

If you think the price of the cruise is expensive...wait till you see the airfare. Flying to someplace warm 2 days before Christmas won't be cheap!

We have cruised the past 3 xmasses.

Radiance, Valor, Pearl.

Each time we were in an outside cabin - 4 ppl (2 adults, 2 kids).

Radiance was a gift - no idea of $.

Valor was 5k

Pearl was 4,200.

Currently - the rates on Freedom would = over 6,400k!

The increase in percentage has been huge....and you go to less ports!

You have two things against you that affect the cruise fares. Fisrt is that the Christmas cruise is usually the most expensive week of the year and secondly, the new Freedom class ships are being marketed at $100 or more per week per person above the rest of the fleet as they are the newest ships with the latest innovations and attractions.

If you are a gambler, wait until the end of November to see if there are any sale fares on any remaining cabins. You might get lucky :D or you might get shut out. :(

Look at Princess pricing, you may get a better deal even though it is the Holiday Season. RCI is overpriced most times.

They may be priced higher than another line, but if people are willing to pay their prices, they are not "over-priced". If enough people resist booking because they believe the prices are too high, the line will lower them. But if they are able to sell the rooms at those "over-priced" figures, why would anyone expect them to lower them?:confused:

They may be priced higher than another line, but if people are willing to pay their prices, they are not "over-priced". If enough people resist booking because they believe the prices are too high, the line will lower them. But if they are able to sell the rooms at those "over-priced" figures, why would anyone expect them to lower them?:confused:

I agree.

Fairness does not enter into the equation. They sell vacations and their job (for the stokeholders) is to make as much money as they can. If they sold them for $600 a room, that wouldn't make them fair; it would make them foolish.

Thank you to all you cruise experts for your comments. I guess I just got frustrated with the fact that I have a budget for my xmas cruise and definetely Freedom & Liberty are out of my possibilities. Still, I think it is overpriced if compared to "premium" cruise lines. For my New Year Cruise on the Millennium I paid $ 1,100 pp total cost ocean view. Will check Princess and other RCI class ships.... Thanks again.

Archived