Laffnvegas 3 O'clock Wave

Chivalrygirl

Sorry, we did get a photo saved of the wave but can't figure out how to post it here. Hope everyone was watching when they waved. If we figure out how to paste it, we will post it. Most important, we have the photo and it is saved for Lisa.

I saw a quick shot of the banner and it looked like Lisa had something RED.:)

Is that the one you captured?

I am really curious as to how you manage to zoom in and get so close to take these wave pictures. Please someone, explain how you do it?
Once you have the camera selected and the image is showing, you will notice a slider bar on the right of the picture. That controls zoom in and out.

You just click on the picture where you want to center the image. Or, you can draw a rectangle over the area you want and it will center and zoom fully in at the same time.

It would have been hard to catch even if you weren't working. The banner (and I think something red) was there at 3:02 and gone by the time I was through refreshing the screen.:eek:

Thanks dude! Maybe she had someone take a pic of that onboard and we'll get to see it later;)

Lisa said that James Deering and Hans Becker had a bar and buffet set up for the sailaway party! I took pix down at the pier today and will post.

Peggy, I called her also at about 5:15. They were having a great old time on their balcony!:) Sounded like a whale of a party going on in the background!

Diane,

You have no idea!!! I wanted to join them so much!! I was taking pix of them, they were photographing me, everyone was waving and yelling--great day on the embarcadero!

People on the pier kept saying. "What's going on? It must be a party!" (They had NO idea.) DH explained to a few what the banner was all about, after one lady said, "A Dam wave ...to WHO?"

It was a REAL letdown to walk away and drive home.

As I was driving home, Lisa called to tell me that a full bar and buffet were being set up on her balcony. It was a surprise! When I checked the Seaport webcam, I zeroed in on her balcony. I called her and she got everyone over to the side and I got the wave!

I 'm getting on a ship in 3+ weeks, but there's just something special about the Oosterdam...:)

I 'm getting on a ship in 3+ weeks, but there's just something special about the Oosterdam...:)

I agree - the Oosterdam just has that certain special 'something'. Plus, it holds a special place in my heart as the first HAL ship I sailed on.

This makes thread number 3 for the Wave, first mine, then Innlady's then Chivalrygirl.:rolleyes:

My word so sorry Tinknock, that I tried to upstage! lol I got an opportunity before I left Sydney on Sunday to look at the 1st page on the HAL board and there was absolutely nothing about Laffnvegas and I wanted so much to wish them bon voyage, so I quickly jumped in and posted a thread and then rushed off to board my plane to Auckland! Thats how we do it down here, 1000 apologies, its quite weired how these threads get messed about.

Val

Although they might not have set a record for the amount of people for banner wave, they certainly set an unbeatable record for a balcony wave!

David

David, we actually did break the record we had 33 people out there waving along with Hans Becker and James Deering:)

I saw a quick shot of the banner and it looked like Lisa had something RED.:)

Is that the one you captured?

Sean, as a matter of fact there was something red.:D I actually forgot to bring mine out to the wave but another CC member did remember;) But at the time there was so much going on that I did not get a picture of that. BTW there is definitely enough room out there for a large group out on deck 6 balcony over looking the bow. It was fun having Peggy down on the side walk waving up at us. Also it was great talking to Diane:)

OK the last night while I was packing I figured I better at least post that I did have something red. Hopefully I will remember on December 15th the next time we do the Banner Wave on the Oosterdam.

100_0744.jpg.20767b566c68f7448be62fd33e11e126.jpg

Archived