Upgrade fairy struck..Now what ??

Hey everyone, I need a little help. My BF and I leave on the enchantment this thursday. We originally booked a cat. N inside. (midship) It was a great price had a residency discount and we don't spend much time in the cabin anyway. Well we booked in jan. made final payment in march. and have had our docs since around april 1st. Luggage tags included.

Today when I went to print our set sail pass, I noticed we were switched to a cat. G large oceanview (midship). Now my question is What to do about luggage tags??? Will I still be able to ditch our bags on the curb? Or will we have to schlep all of them inside to get new tags??

Thanks in advance for the help.

Akeisha

When you arrive at the pier there will be porters to take your bags most likely outside the terminal. They should have extra baggage tags which can be put on right there with your new cabin number written in so be sure to have the number handy. Congrats on the upgrade and enjoy your cruise!

I wish that would happen to us. I'm starting to get panicky about our inside cabins. Just don't have the money for a window :(

Since you have an interior, have you checked for price drops yet? We received refunds last week for our interior rooms of over $1000. That might make you feel better about it!

I wish that would happen to us. I'm starting to get panicky about our inside cabins. Just don't have the money for a window :(

Keep checking for price drops and residency rates. I have not sailed an inside in years. We were gonna do it and be happy because the price was so good. This was a total surprise. I do feel blessed though. Cruising an inside sure beats not cruising any day.:)

Got to reading your post , and I thought, what the heck, even though I had already printed our passes, I thought , I will check anyway. Lo and behold we had been upgraded from a large ocean view, to a superior oceanview....Thanks so much for the heads up......:p

Got to reading your post , and I thought, what the heck, even though I had already printed our passes, I thought , I will check anyway. Lo and behold we had been upgraded from a large ocean view, to a superior oceanview....Thanks so much for the heads up......:p

Good for you!! today is a good day. I love to see how much money I save. I even save the grocery store reciepts to see how my coupons make a difference. We paid a total of 789.00 including pre paid gratuities. for a 4 night. Now in large ocean view. If we would have booked and paid for this it would have cost over 1500.00 :D gotta love it.

Happy cruising everyone.

I'm curious. How do you get free upgrades? Is it from booking a guarantee cabin. Just wondering because that would be a wonderful surprise for anyone.

Thanks J

If a ship is not full, RC can *choose*, at their discretion, to send the upgrade fairy to zap you on the head with a better cabin.

Why do they do this and whom do they choose?

Only the Fairy knows for sure!

If a ship is not full, RC can *choose*, at their discretion, to send the upgrade fairy to zap you on the head with a better cabin.

Why do they do this and whom do they choose?

Only the Fairy knows for sure!

Merion Mom , I was wondering the same thing. Why us? We did not book a gty. There were none available until after final payment was due. After I thought of all the reasons they may have sent the fairy our way, I gave up and was just thankful.:)

Archived