ON FOS Now - Help with AO PLEASE!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

UPDATE!!!!! :D :D :D

I went to Guest Relations to inquire about babysitting service. They asked WHY I would need it with AO. Well, I had a story for them...lol ;)

The WONDERFUL woman at Guest Relations said she had NEVER heard of such a thing. She called the head of AO, Jessica...who is AWESOME! Jessica assured me that THIS is just NOT done. She said that the girl was "new" and she apologized over and over again. This is the counselor's 2nd week onboard FOS.

She said that they ONLY give strikes for SERIOUS INFRACTIONS and not staying off a slide and marker on a table is NOT a serious infraction it is a THREE YEAR OLD being a three year old!

Jessica said that the counselor (Mylin) was wrong and that if Gab HAD received striked I would have had to fill out paperwork and sign it (which never happened). She said that SHE would have known about it and at this point she has heard NOTHING about Gab.

She said she was sooo sorry and she would talk to Mylin and do ANYTHING to help remedy the situation and to assure that this would not happen again.

She said that Gab is WELCOMED back the rest of the week. :D

So Gab begged all through dinner to go back to play with "her friends". She kept saying "peez mama, peeez mama" lol

So we took her back and I just went to check on her. The SAME counselor is there and she said Gab is doing fine making "space mud" craft project with the other kids.

Thank YOU ALL for ALL of your support!!!!! Now I know why I love this board so much!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

I went to Guest Relations to inquire about babysitting service. They asked WHY I would need it with AO. Well, I had a story for them...lol ;)

The WONDERFUL woman at Guest Relations said she had NEVER heard of such a thing. She called the head of AO, Jessica...who is AWESOME! Jessica assured me that THIS is just NOT done. She said that the girl was "new" and she apologized over and over again. This is the counselor's 2nd week onboard FOS.

She said that they ONLY give strikes for SERIOUS INFRACTIONS and not staying off a slide and marker on a table is NOT a serious infraction it is a THREE YEAR OLD being a three year old!

Jessica said that the counselor (Mylin) was wrong and that if Gab HAD received striked I would have had to fill out paperwork and sign it (which never happened). She said that SHE would have known about it and at this point she has heard NOTHING about Gab.

She said she was sooo sorry and she would talk to Mylin and do ANYTHING to help remedy the situation and to assure that this would not happen again.

She said that Gab is WELCOMED back the rest of the week. :D

So Gab begged all through dinner to go back to play with "her friends". She kept saying "peez mama, peeez mama" lol

So we took her back and I just went to check on her. The SAME counselor is there and she said Gab is doing fine making "space mud" craft project with the other kids.

Thank YOU ALL for ALL of your support!!!!! Now I know why I love this board so much!!!!!!

That's great news! I had never heard of anything like that, I thought something had to be up. I'm just sorry that you had to deal with that for two days of your cruise! Have a great rest of the week aboard Freedom and we will look forward to hearing you review when you return!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

I went to Guest Relations to inquire about babysitting service. They asked WHY I would need it with AO. Well, I had a story for them...lol ;) ...

You mean I worried myself sick all day for nothing:eek: ...Just kidding!

I am so happy everything worked out for you and the family!

Now get off these boards and go enjoy your vacation time with loved ones!

I sure hope you did NOT cancel the Friday night dinner reservation!

Catch you in a week!

BILL

I have been following this thread. That is great news. I hope that one woman feels horrible for what she did, and I hope she got HER strike #1. Have a great rest of your cruise.

Well...Praise the Lord (or Jessica lol)

I was actually in tears reading your update...Its so hard to see your little one mistreated,or even just have to go through those hard knocks..(try little league baseball :eek: )

Anyway...Its seems like that counselor needs a couple of strikes.

I am all for a learning curve etc,and she is obviously very new ,but sounds like a very odd approach for anyone remotely skilled in ECD ....

It seems like you were fortunate that the one you talked to in guest relations was on the ball,and that is a big plus...I would hate to think how many people could be effected before this was discovered if you chose not to go to GR....Good work gang..

Have a great cruise Mama...

I've been following this thread, and am very glad it sounds like everything has worked out for the best. It's a shame you had to go thru a few days of frustration, but hopefully your daughter is having the time of her life, and you can enjoy the rest of your cruise.

So happy for you.

Enjoy yourself and make sure your daughter knows that she did NOTHING wrong. Let her know that sometimes adults do the wrong thing and she can always count on you to check out the situation.

You did exactly the right thing!

Now take a deep breath and let it all go....and have fun!!!!

I am so glad you updated us and that all worked out well. It's too bad you couldn't have resolved it without going to guest relations, but it is good that it is resolved. It sound slike the counselor needs a lot more training.

Don't forget to comment about it on your comment card if she doesn't treat your little girl a lot better on the rest of the cruise. But you may want to mention the AO supervisor on your comment card that took care of this - she deserves a mention for her excellent service.

Glad you were successful! I'm sorry you had to deal with someone who was not trained properly after all your vacation planning. I know by your posts how much you had looked forward to your cruise and could understand your disappointment. Hope the rest of the week is glitch-free :)

I am soooooo happy that everything has turned out for the best!

I have been reading this thread and have been so upset, but I knew you were going to get to the bottom of this AND you did.

Now, you and your family go and enjoy the rest of your cruise. How can you resist when the "peez mama" comes out:D

So happy things worked out and you can (finally) enjoy your vacation. I'm sure your little girl is none the wiser about what transpired and will have a great time. That employee should definitely be censured so it doesn't happen to another poor child. While I never condone poor behavior (just ask my grandchildren), kids are kids and anyone who makes a career of working with them needs to understand this.

Have a great dinner at Portofino!

I was just on the Freedom last week and I'm not at all surprised that you were able to resolve this situation. With the exception of Jessica and one other crew member, RCCL put the cream of the crop on this ship. They were the nicest, friendliest, most accomodating group of people. And I am so glad that they were able to help you with this so that you could enjoy the rest of your vacation. I have a niece who turned 3 the week before Gabriella and I just could not figure out what Gabriella was doing to get strikes against her. Have a wonderful rest of the week and enjoy every minute because it goes by way too quickly. :)

That is terrible! I would speak to guest relations if it were me.

My son was in AO last week on the Mariner, and loved it. One thing did bother me though, he had a tiny "potty accident" (a very small amount of pee came out too early when he got to the potty, and he told the teacher. There was nothing visible from the outside at all), and they game him a "strike" for this. I didn't say anything, but I was a bit annoyed. Just call me (which they did) and I will bring him a change of clothes, but really, does he need to be "penalized"? He's three, and NEVER has accidents, but I guess he waited so long, as he was having so much fun. Sorry for rambling.

Please let us know how you make out.

Karen

We are all so glad to hear that things worked out. I'm sure the new person in AO learned a huge lesson from this. Enjoy the rest of your trip and we'll be anxious to hear from you when you are back. Hope to see lots of pictures too!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

I'm so glad to hear everything turned out okay. :)

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

I agree .... talk to someone right away, and maybe even many people until you find the right one. I took my kids on their first cruise about 3 years ago. They were about 9 and 11. One is ADD and the other is ADHD - with hyperness sometimes being the norm! Both of them functioned fine in AO. Maybe the counselors are more tolerant in the older group - shouldn't be that way. My son (the really hyper one) never got a "bad mark" even though he tried their patience. And my daughter tends to go off in la-la land due to her ADD. Not an issue with them. The counselors would just comment that they had to talk to the kids and art time there was kaotic. In that group kids were running around and the older kids weren't necessarily "clean" about their projects.

I think this person is definitely the problem. I am going on the FOS come July and plan on my kids hanging out there at least part of the time. (That was their favorite part last time) If there is an issue with mine, I will be quick to "chat" with someone. If they are not able to handle any "special needs" kids (and that type can vary) then they should advertise THAT on their website. They may do better promoting their handling of all types of kids.

Good Luck.

I'm so glad that all worked out for you!! And I'm even happier that Gab was not affected by that counselor. That's a very positive sign that she was begging to go back. Now GET OUT THERE and enjoy that cruise!!

Archived