How do you feel at the end of your cruise?

I'm worried that we'll all be exhausted! After we disembark, we're headed to Cocoa Beach for five days, and then to Orlando for another five days. I'm worried that my DH and kids (10 & 9) will be burnt out, especially in the July heat.

I'm sure many cruisers do continue on with their vacation, but am I trying to cram in too much? We're flying/driving in from Toronto, and there's so much we want to do...:(

Thank you!

The cruise can be as exhausting or relaxing as you choose. Have you cruised before? Realize up front that you cannot do it all, select the things you want to do and actually carve time in for relaxing. Don't stress about going to every event or doing every excursion. On our last cruise we did one excursion (Stingray City), wandered a bit at Ocho Rios and Cozumel and relaxed at Labadee. We spent less than 12-15 hours off the ship and a lot of time hanging out. It was WONDERFUL.

We've also done the extreme the other way, go go go all day/night and been more tired. It's more about what you're trying to accomplish for vacation.

We've done Disney after our cruises before (but only for 2 days) and enjoyed that - we've always felt refreshed getting off the cruise ship.

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun!

I agree, don't feel as though you have to run around and see everything. If the family starts to get whiney, its' time to stop and rest, especially at Disney World, where it's go, go, go. Visit a park in the morning and spend the afternoon at the pool, or just vegging in front of the TV.

Your last day on the cruise will be a sea day, so everyone should be rested up for the next adventure :)

We're not able to take a lot of extra time, like you, but we have learned that just one extra day after getting off the cruise ship makes a vacation so much nicer. It's the difference between rushing back/easing back into reality.

Man--that's alot of stuff at one time! I guess it's going to depend on the ages of the kids--smaller kids just can't appreciate vacation time like adults can. How many times have I seen families at Disney with little ones whining and crying, and the parents trying to tell them how "lucky" they are to be experiencing this!!!! If the children are over 8, then you should be good to go. Under that, expect a revolt at some point in time!

Anytime you start to feel tired, just stop to think what you would be doing back home!:eek:

Cleaning the house, working, shopping, doing errands, schlepping the kids, cooking, doing the dishes, making the beds....

I think you feel darn glad to be on vacation/holiday and you will find a new burst of energy!

Go for it!

BILL

Cocoa Beach for 5 days? That's an awful long time to spend there. Unless you REALLY love the beach. Day after day.

Could you do 4 days at Cocoa and 6 in Orlando? Or 3 and 7? And yes, it will be very hot and humid.

After alot of experience in doing land and cruise vacations together--especially beach and Orlando--it is much better ---100%--to do the land before the cruise. We have found for us doing land things--fighting the summer crowds and finding our meals--is much more exhausting than the cruise. Last year we did Disney for 6 days and walked on the ship tired and somewhat cranky. The cruise gave us a new uplift--we were on the Freedom of the Seas. We have incorporated a land vacation many times with a cruise. For us--land before the cruise is the only way to go.

We are always exhausted at the end of the cruise and need a few days to wind down when we get home, but it can be as exhausting or relaxing as you want. We never want to miss a thing, so for us it is go, go, go. We usually do at least 1-2 excursions per port, go to bed well after midnight and get up at 6:30, and it will really wear you down. We usually try and stay at the beach a few days port cruise, that will get you relaxed and ready to get back to everyday life.

Just do whatever you want and try and relax as much as possible!

Archived