Any word on Mariner?

YAY! She's coming to the West Coast. (wishfull thinking, I guess. :D )

Funny I heard the same rumor....I kid you not either, PC is getting a Freedom class ship. Maybe even Genesis!

Funny I heard the same rumor....I kid you not either, PC is getting a Freedom class ship. Maybe even Genesis!

PC should get a Freedom class ship. They need to split up Freedom and Liberty. Especially since Independence will be sailing winters from FLL. They don't need 3 Freedom class ships in such close proximity to each other. Especially since there are still a lot of people out there who would like the smaller ships. That would be cool if we got a Freedom class ship here. Even a Genesis class. Neither of which would ever happen. Genesis could accidentally swallow Monarch, so they need to keep it away. :D

Live in Central Florida and I am crossing my fingers that they do not rob us of the Mariner out of PC. Been on both the Freedom and Mariner, and I much prefer Mariner.

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer Mariner. We are trying to decide on Mariner or Liberty for our next cruise. We have done Freedom and really enjoyed it. Thought it was a fantastic ship. And it is not that much bigger than Mariner with more features. But we are still trying to decide if it is worth paying $200 pp more for Liberty. What is it about Mariner you like better, other than size, cause I didn't see much of a difference. We also never had large lines or bad crowds on Freedom.

YAY! She's coming to the West Coast. (wishfull thinking, I guess. :D )

25% of RCI's fleet is coming to Los Angeles. :rolleyes: I don't know where they are going to dock all of those ship. :confused:

25% of RCI's fleet is coming to Los Angeles. :rolleyes: I don't know where they are going to dock all of those ship. :confused:

Somehow I find that hard to believe. Unless they are not all year round. There are not enough places for them to go to keep people interested. Not saying I don't believe you, I just don't see how they could.

Somehow I find that hard to believe. Unless they are not all year round. There are not enough places for them to go to keep people interested. Not saying I don't believe you, I just don't see how they could.

Sorry, I meant that based on all the rumors that 25% of RCI's fleet is coming to Los Angeles. :rolleyes: In other words, I am being sarcastic.

Sorry, I meant that based on all the rumors that 25% of RCI's fleet is coming to Los Angeles. :rolleyes: In other words, I am being sarcastic.

I get it now. It's late. :o

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer Mariner. We are trying to decide on Mariner or Liberty for our next cruise. We have done Freedom and really enjoyed it. Thought it was a fantastic ship. And it is not that much bigger than Mariner with more features. But we are still trying to decide if it is worth paying $200 pp more for Liberty. What is it about Mariner you like better, other than size, cause I didn't see much of a difference. We also never had large lines or bad crowds on Freedom.

Are you saying that Mariner is just as nice as freedom or there were more things to do on Freedom? We are going on Mariner next year.

Yes, I am curious about this also as I am chosing this ship for my 2nd RCI cruise in 2009. I called RCI and got .."no changes anticpated, itinerary just not released yet" kind of thing....

So, if anyone out there knows or heard anything, please pass it on!

Thanks!

Linda

PC should get a Freedom class ship. They need to split up Freedom and Liberty. Especially since Independence will be sailing winters from FLL. They don't need 3 Freedom class ships in such close proximity to each other. Especially since there are still a lot of people out there who would like the smaller ships. That would be cool if we got a Freedom class ship here. Even a Genesis class. Neither of which would ever happen. Genesis could accidentally swallow Monarch, so they need to keep it away. :D

I hope we get a Freedom class in Port Canaveral! Thats the only way they could take the Mariner away from me :D . Nah, I love the bigger ships, but as long as they have something decent doing 7 day cruises out of PC, I'm happy.

I really don't understand why they have all of them sailing from the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area, either. Or why they would put Independence out of FLL instead of Miami with her sisters :confused: . Didn't make any sense to me, but I guess it really doesn't matter. I hope the West Coast eventually gets something, yall have been waiting for a long time! At least you have Vision year round to hold you over.

I'm going to keep calling RC and milking them for info, but somebody post if you hear anything! I'm beginning to wonder if she may be going to Asia or somewhere on the way to California :eek: . Aren't those the only sailings that we're waiting on?

I'm curious as well. We've been on the Mariner 3 times and from what I've heard the Freedom isn't all that different. Yes, you get the surfing on the Freedom (which we're not interested in), but you lose the inline skating (which DD loves)...

Why did you like Mariner better than Freedom? We are going on Mariner next year because Freedom cost so much now we decided to wait until 2009.

I'm curious as well. We've been on the Mariner 3 times and from what I've heard the Freedom isn't all that different. Yes, you get the surfing on the Freedom (which we're not interested in), but you lose the inline skating (which DD loves)...

So then skate out of the lines. :)

Archived