I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

I don't think anyone is ready to cancel a cruise that is booked, and that you have already made plans around. However, when it becomes time to book the NEXT cruise, RCI is starting to look less inviting. We will be Diamond after our next cruise, and based upon RCI's rather bizarre behavior or late, we may be looking at Princess.:eek:

OK, just got off the phone with a very nice young lady. She is forwarding my information to her supervisor and they will be checking this out. I was very nice, as always and approaced it from the "you guys are getting a bunch of bad press" and you might want to check into the situation. Not sure that anything will get done, but maybe something will happen.

Well done, Spurs Fans, it was obviously only a myth that there were no decent Spurs supporters;) :rolleyes: :D , only joking, applaud you and good luck in the next 2 matches!!!

Like many folks on this forum we are RCL stockholders, and this is not the kind of publicity that RCL wants on the morning news or the cable talk shows. I can see the headline now, "Royal Caribbean inaugurates Liberty of the Seas, but not for this Minnesota firefighter"

Good grief, if you're watching this, RCL, please do something! We don't need Nancy or Greta getting their teeth in this fiasco.

LL

I give Scott credit, even with the 5 hours he was on the phone yesterday trying to get answers he still had the presence of mind to book 2 cruises with Carnival so he would not lose his airfare. I seriously doubt I could have pulled that off. I guess that is why he does the work he does. Nerves of steel...........

I have been following this thread since last night and am still flabbergasted by it. I am new to cruising as I took our first cruise back in April. I totally loved it, and was planning to book again. Not sure now. I, too am young male (27), and was planning to do multiple cruises a year...but not sure if i should now, well at least with RCCL.

I already got pegged by customs on our first trip. My partner and I have to travel as single, thanks in part to GW...but that is whole other issue. I had already been cleared by customs and was outside waiting on him (we were in seperate lines at the exit) when a guard comes up to me and orders me to come with him. I was then taken back to a room and had to go through complete inspection of all our bags and pockets. Then when I get our luggage home from the airport..there were notes from TSA that our bags had been checked AGAIN!!!

Couldnt even imagine what I would do if this situation happened to me.

WOW, I cant beleive this !!!

Royal Caribbean are launching their new ship "Independece" in Spring 08 from Southampton, UK.

I have copied the whole thread over to lots of UK web sites for people to read!

Its shocking !:eek:

I hope the OP gets this sorted out quickly and lets us all know how RC have compensated him. In the UK I would definately get a lawyer to sort this. Its not acceptable!

understand where you are coming from, but I think Spursfan was just trying to bring it to RC's attention how much this was being viewed so that someone can hopefully just tell him why he is being banned. I don't think anything would threaten to cancel. My cruise is only 38 days away and I booked it a year ago...so I am definitely not cancelling

I'm actually glad that Spursfan brought this to RCCL's attention. My original comment was in relation to this one specific question:

Would it do any good for all of us to call RCI Customer Relations Dept and start threatening to cancel our upcoming cruises unless they come clean with our friend for their reasoning?
I just don't think that approach would be very effective. Actually calling RCCL to bring this issue and thread to their attention, absent threats to cancel, may get the OP somewhere. I have been following this thread and I truly hope that the OP (Hoop) gets his name cleared and preferably a free cruise, or two as a result. Again, I in no way intend to convey any disrespect for others opinions. I am impressed by how polite and civil everyone has been in this thread. It is evidence of how helpful everyone on this board can be.

I have spoken to the Customer Service people in the UK office and drawn their attention to this thread.

I've no wish to take sides on an issue where clearly not all the information is laid before us - that's the point isn't it, but I don't wish to see RCI's credibility damaged if a mistake has occurred, and I certainly don't want to see our firefighter friend inconvenienced any more than he has been already. If there is more to this than appears to be the case someone should surely tell him what it is!

very well said

UPDATE****UPDATE*****UPDATE****UPDATE*****UPDATE*****

I JUST got off the phone with the Executive Office Supervisor. He confirmed that I was no longer allowed to sail with RCCL or Celebrity.

I asked him to go into what I had done on the Brilliance, and HE SAID THERE WAS NO INCIDENT on the Brilliance! I advised him that I was told yesterday by the origional agent that I was told that this was over an Incident on the Brilliance of the Seas 1/2007, and he said that was INCORRECT INFORMATION.

He said their security department had identified me as a "risk", and therefore, I was "blackballed" by their company. I asked him if this was over a sailing or if I ended up on a list by the govt. He said he could not comment!

I said if this was brought up before 1/2007, and an alleged incident occured on another ship (That I am still not aware of) why was I allowed on the Brilliance? Why was I allowed to book new reservations? There is something quite fishy going on here, and now that it may not have been something I was aware of at all!!

Maybe your department should re-review your background check. Verify your promotion.

All I can say is Holy Cow. We have our first cruise coming up in a few months and I better make sure I mind my manners.;) I hope everything works out for you Scott. You have a very large support group of CC members...even me, a newbie!

Hedy

I had to happen on this thread while taking "a minute" to check the boards!!! Of course, I had to read the whole thing!

Me too! It is scary that a cruiseline would do this to such a loyal customer.

When I started reading this, it was at 12 pages. by the time I got to the end it was at 14!

Up to 19 pages now! :eek:

I hope this all works out for the OP. Gosh, , my heart goes out to him. Please let us know what happens. I've gotta believe that all the cruiselines "check out" the boards. I realize that only a small % of cruisers are actually CCers, but I would think that this would get RCI's attention. CCers from other boards (including myself) have come over to keep up with this thread.

To the OP: Hope your Carnival cruises are lots of fun!

Sorry about the mistake on the number of hits. Don't know why I had 7,000 in my head. She would have really had a surprised reaction if I had said over 24,000! I hope that some others might call up Customer Relations just as a concerned customer to suggest they might want to check into the situation and let them know they are getting a bunch of bad press over the situation. I was very nice and they were very nice to me.

Interestingly SF it was approaching 22000 when I spoke to them and in a short time its over 24000 now. Given your handle are you in the UK, and did you, like me contact the UK office. Your treatment seems similar to mine, we were both pleasant and both took similar lines "Can someone look at this before the publicity gets really bad" and the person I spoke to agreed to flag this up to her managers. Perhaps some of our US friends can take the same action over there.

What I did smile at was a comment the young lady made to me which was something like "Would this put you off booking with RCI?" Well its hardly likely to endear me to them, however I do think this is a one-off which will hopefully be sorted and I will not be cancelling my next cruise

Pomp, you are correct, that was not the correct way to word that comment. I do think I handled it correctly however when on the phone with them.

The really bad thing is that I now have to be out of my office for a mediation this afternoon and can't follow along until later tonight! I know I will have a bunch of reading to do later this evening!

I would send them a nice letter...

"Dear Sirs,

There has been some sort of misunderstanding.

I am a loyal RCCL customer with over 14 cruises under my belt. Yet somehow, something has transpired to flag me as a 'risk'. This is absurd.

I will make it simple for you: you've lost my business. You're losing tons of goodwill from the cruising community as they follow my story. You've caused me irreperable mental anguish due to the cancellation of my vacation at the last minute, not to mention the damage to my reputation.

You have one chance to make amends. I would like a formal apology, and a free cruise. Otherwise, be prepared to rename one of your ships the "Firefighter Of The Seas", because I'm going to OWN IT AFTER I SUE YOUR $&@*(#@* BUTTS OFF!!

Thank you for your attention to this matter."

:D

Oh, this is priceless!

Scott, I've been reading about your saga all morning and I wish you success in getting this resolved. You've been a real trooper for what they are putting you through, and I admire that. GO SCOTT GO!

De

~Mom of two firefighter sons~

Pomp, you are correct, that was not the correct way to word that comment. I do think I handled it correctly however when on the phone with them.

The really bad thing is that I now have to be out of my office for a mediation this afternoon and can't follow along until later tonight! I know I will have a bunch of reading to do later this evening!

I know how you feel about leaving this thread. I'll be in court this afternoon, so I won't be able to catch up to it until I get home tonight. It is nice to see such an involved group of CC members. Hopefully those of you that took the initiative to contact RCCL will help this get resolved quickly.

Firefighter security risk?

Yeah Scott maybe you shouldn't attend any shouts at Government buildings until they sort this mess out :D

Someone at the TOP of RCCL needs to get the finger out and start ringing some numbers !!

Anyone got RCCL email addresses - so we can send them copies of this thread !!

jj....... :eek:

Willum, ha, had to laugh, no, I am in San Antonio, Texas, home of the ORIGINAL Spurs! We did make it to the UK for the first time in March. Had a great time exploring London!

Well at least two RCI Customer Service Departments have received 'phone calls today about the thread. Let's hope they get some more and that some good comes of it. I cannot follow the thread for the next couple of hours, I need my golf lesson!!

Original Spurs eh! I follow the oval ball game with Leicester Tigers

Just wanted to wish you good luck with this... I am truly shocked at the way RCCL seem to be treating you. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty and how can you defend yourself when you do not know what you are supplosed to have done???

Best wishes and I will keep watching on this one

Chubbas XX

There are so many choices of cruiselines that are at least the equal of RCCL. I would think RCCL would have to pay attention to this.

They certainly owe the OP a detailed explanation. Short of a felony or drug possession, it is hard to imagine a cruiseline banning someone!

No update from the OP since this morning I take it?

He posted around noon that he had to go to work and since he stated in a previous post that he works 24 hour shifts we may not see him until tomorrow unless he can get on at work....which none of us ever does!!!

Archived