I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

Scott:

Both my husband and I are flabbergasted at the newest development. It seems that you can't get a straight answer from anyone. The Customer service department oftens gives multiple answers to questions... I guess they get their training from upper management as well.

Hang in there and hopefully you'll get some resolution soon.

D :)

Firefighter security risk? Sounds like you have a repatable job, save peoples lives and there property, but loyal to one cruise line and a security risk???Yep sounds fishy to me...Would definately get a layer to suopena the courts for this supposed security risk.Also you deifnately aren't on the goverments list, casue as long as they don't call you in regards to your 2 carnival sailings upcoming means your fine in goverments eyes.

best of luck mate

Carnival Liberty 2/26/06

Carnival Freedom 12/1/07

RCCL Liberty of seas 4/19/08????

Yea, its a little odd! I think something would have been caught in the background check that a local city just did on me when they go to the BCA, FBI and stuff, It would have for sure turned up (Maybe not disqualify for a job if it's nothing I did), but it would have turned up!

Thats why now I am thinking it may be some kind of mistaken Identity on another ship or something that I wasn't even on, and it got into my file somehow - or again I raised a red flag in someway.

Scott: Your background check may be the issue here. Please look into this ASAP!!! This is the only thing that would trigger an immediate reaction from RCI. Don't be surprised if this is also a problem at the airport.

I also am one who has been following this from the beginning. I am so sorry about all of this. I agree that with as many posts and readers there are that RCCL will be paying attention to this. This is my first cruise with them (this weekend) and it's really not settling with me very well. I also agree that you should definately persue this to find out exactly what is going on. Again I am really sorry and keep us posted. cymphoniek@yahoo.com.

Take care

Cindy

Firefighter,

If Homeland security is involved, I would be contacting Senator Coleman as well as KSTP. I seem to remember this story being done a year or so ago, and maybe they could help you out.

As you said in a past post, you have had a security clearence. I would for sure find out the reasons involved, as it could affect a future clearence check.

Good Luck!

Man I must be sick in the head...I called out of work today so I can watch this thread...LOL NO really I did:)

You know I have had many many extensive backgound checks, both for high level security clearances and Government jobs. NO where does it ask for your cruising habits. I really dont think that background check is the issue, but more mistaken identity.

firefighterhoop

I read through this entire thread since seeing it this morning. You certainly have my sympathy. With the latest revelation I don't see that you have any choice but to pursue this now.

Somewhere out there in the real world is documentation identifying you as a security risk, even if its only RCI internal documentation. In your profession, indeed for anyone in this day and age, that kind of thing can lie in wait an bite you years down the road long after you have forgotten about it and moved on. I don't see that you have any choice but to try to get it resolved, your reputation and indeed your future is involved.

Hoop,

I'm a fellow firefighter. This is just strange beyond belief. If this was me, I would contact your local news network affiliate and get in touch with one of their consumer advocate reporters. They love this kind of stuff. I live in the NY metro area and all the major networks do this type of reporting.

If local press won't help, contact a station in Miami. If nothing else, at least they can try and help you get the facts.

Best of luck.

Frank

Man I must be sick in the head...I called out of work today so I can watch this thread...LOL NO really I did:)

Just as I have been sitting here thinking about all the other things that I should be accomplishing today!:D

This is really weird. I feel for you. :(

Maybe your Congressman can check to see if you are on any government lists. That would be my biggest concern because anytime you go to travel you could have the same problem. I’d also take it to the press. I think because you are a first responder they’ll run with it and that might help you out. We have a column in the Chicago Tribune that helps people resolve problems that never should have been problems in the first place. Is there anything like that where you are?

I don't have time to read the entire thread, but I think I've got the gist of it.

If it were me, I would hire a lawyer at this point and have him/her contact RCCL corporate ASAP and try to find out what is the reason for being banned. You have a right to know.

If that didn't work, I think I would go to the press. Call The Today Show or one of the other network morning shows and see if you can pique their interest. Nothing gets a big corporation's attention quicker than some bad P.R.

SOrry Forgot to adress the passport issue. I got my passport in 2004, and have used it several times.

Local6.com

Call Tony Pipitone from the Problem Solvers...He will help you!

When I started reading this, it was at 12 pages. by the time I got to the end it was at 14!

First Thoughts:

Identity theft. I suggest you contact your credit reporting agnecies and inquire there about recent activities.

Second Thought:

Mistaken Identity, either via name(middle initials, are often the culprit here) or by a transposed SS#.

Hope you can get some straight answers soon.

This is unbelievable Scott!! So sorry for you.

Good luck ,this gets deeper and deeper now that you are considered a risk! Something is goofed up somewhere.

BTW my DH is a retired FF, 24 on and 48 off....take one work day off and you get 5 days!! 2 days off gets you 9....greatest schedule ever created. :)

Archived