I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

Are you kidding me????? Im 28 and look at all the cruises I have been on...What business is it of yours what I do for a living??? Some of you people are soooo out of control.

Calm down skyking, I knew someone would jump on me. Not trying to 'slam' anyone. No it is none of my business, just a question out of curiosity that does not need to be answered. Read my posts...I am not one to stir up trouble.

Your cruising habits may make more sense since you live very close to the ports. The OP Has a lot more traveling to do that you.

I know we are all hoping the OP gets to the bottom of this and can move on. I agree with the post about clearing your name. I would not want to be red-flagged by any organization.

Hoops - I'm sorry I don't have any helpful advice to offer other than contacting anyone at RCI you can think of and politely requesting an explanation. It sounds like you've chosen a good course of action between having your attorney and your father, as a shareholder, look into the matter. I don't know you, but I do doubt that you would have done anything so terrible that it would merit being banned from RCI. As the wife of a firefighter, and as an attorney myself, I know how careful we have to be in order to avoid situations which may be looked upon unfavorably by our employers (or the Bar!). Best of luck and I'm sorry you won't be able to join us on the 19th.

Please keep us informed as to how this works out for you.

Calm down skyking, I knew someone would jump on me. Not trying to 'slam' anyone. No it is none of my business, just a question out of curiosity that does not need to be answered. Read my posts...I am not one to stir up trouble.

Your cruising habits may make more sense since you live very close to the ports. The OP Has a lot more traveling to do that you.

I know we are all hoping the OP gets to the bottom of this and can move on. I agree with the post about clearing your name. I would not want to be red-flagged by any organization.

Apologize in avance....After seeing the people who bashed mommabean, and the fact I have cruised with her, I just feel some people (not you) like to bash others. Dont get me wrong I am LOYAL to Rccl, but this guy does atleast deserve to know what is going on.

Hoop:

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I just finished reading the entire thread and was really shocked. I don't even have the words now to express it.

Please keep us posted. I'm glad that you have contacted an attorney. Good luck to you and enjoy your Carnival cruise.

D :)

Apologize in avance....After seeing the people who bashed mommabean, and the fact I have cruised with her, I just feel some people (not you) like to bash others. Dont get me wrong I am LOYAL to Rccl, but this guy does atleast deserve to know what is going on.

Don't worry about it, I agree. No one likes to have a bad name.

I am thinking it's along that line. Either he made something up because I kept talking to his supervisor, or it was the chief purser who didn't seem to like me much. I was never told to lower my voice or to "go away", and never swore at the guy so the abusive language part is not there - but if I was annoying him I am sure he decided to do some creative writing in the computer system or somthing.

It might be some creative writing. I had some significant problems when we were on the Explorer last fall. When I arrived home and tried to follow up I was amazed at what they were telling me was in the computer. Things that I had asked to have documented were not there and things that never occurred were. When I pushed the matter I was finally told that they had more information and it was about my son but they could not give out the information. If I wanted it I would have to subpoena it. So I guess that's the standard answer.

I did not follow up at that point. I had already spent too much time and let myself get too upset. I wish I had followed up because I still wonder now and then what they were talking about. I would follow up with that subpoena and get the information for your peace of mind and so you can clear up the misinformation.

Wendy

I am appalled that a cruiseline can do this to you with no explanation.

From what you have posted it appears they have you tagged as a "hot head".

I think anyone would get upset if they had to complain so many times at the Purser's office. Whatever happened to the customer is always right?

You need to find a maritime lawyer.

I think it is important to find out what information is connected with your name.

I totally agree with this. They could have you down for making terroristic threats but honestly I think they have your name mixed up with someone elses.

I am appalled that a cruiseline can do this to you with no explanation.

From what you have posted it appears they have you tagged as a "hot head".

I think anyone would get upset if they had to complain so many times at the Purser's office. Whatever happened to the customer is always right?

Unfourtionatly I think you may be right here. I have that feeling that this is the ONLY thing it could be at this point.......:(

As much as I like RCCL ships, there are other "Fish" in the sea!

Hi, Thanks again to everyone for their advise. I sent a letter to my lawyer that I have worked with before on minor issues, and he is going to look at what is going on and advise me what he finds an appropriate and realistic course of action.

2) For those who think I have disagreements with RCCL rules and also with my join date vs. posts are screwed up? - I have actually been a cruise critic member since late 2002. When the boards were redone in 2004 For some reason my username didn't work any longer, and had to create a new one. I don't understand how that comes into play.

As most people have noted, I am often on here giving helpful advise about ships/iteneraries, NOT bashing RCCL or any other cruise line!!! There may have been a rule or 2 I have commented on, but that's it.

Again, thanks to everyone who has offered hints/advice/tactics to deal with this situation.

My dad is a shareholder with the company, and he is going to be making some phone calls on that end tomorrow I think. (I called him yesterday). Hopefully that will get us somewhere.

As Far as the above asking why I am able to take so many cruises - we work 24 Hour Days, (24 on 24 off 24 on 48 off,) Etc. Etc., and we get a 7 day stretch off once a month. I am single, no kids, so I am able to pick up A LOT of overtime, go in for incident page outs, and work off duty at buisnesses that need medical standby.

Yes, I have cruised with friends before, but on the Brilliance Cruise, the one in question, I WAS THE YOUNGEST PERSON in the group, by far! The next youngest being 10 years older than me. (Family)

Scott

Scott~

You don't owe anyone here an explaination of how much you work and how you can afford vacations!! I just wanted to wish you luck and thank you for being a "HERO". I sure hope you get this resolved and I for one am re-thinking my cruise with RCI. ;)

Scott~

You don't owe anyone here an explaination of how much you work and how you can afford vacations!! I just wanted to wish you luck and thank you for being a "HERO". I sure hope you get this resolved and I for one am re-thinking my cruise with RCI. ;)

Thanks Scott for sharing about yourself. You sound like a very hard worker and deserve to relax!

So, the theory about 'earmarked as a group' is eliminated. I wish you luck!

I just know there have been a lot of cases where people come on to CC for the first time and blast a cruise line, or a situation without telling the whole story, or leave details out.

I just wanted to assure everyone this is not the case at all here!

Scott

Firefighterhoop,

I just wanted to say I've been lurking and following this thread since the beginning. I am absolutely, speechless thatRCI has done this to you, and I think, along with almost everyone else here that you should continue to pursue this-hunt down the problem! I could not imagine what it would be like for you in this situation and I support you 100%.

This is a truly interesting issue, and I really hope you can sort it out. I would be extremely hesitant to sail again with RCI if I were you (and I too, am a RCI Fan). I think they'd have to offer me a fair amount of free cruises AS A START!

But please, should this thread get removed, please keep me updated:

england.utd.aaron@gmail.com

Thanks,

MC.

I wish you the best of luck on this.....I have to say if someone did this to me I would have a hard time going back to them. I really hope that you get some sort of explanation for this, at the very least you deserve to know what you are accused of. I hope to come back later today and see some good news......

I just know there have been a lot of cases where people come on to CC for the first time and blast a cruise line, or a situation without telling the whole story, or leave details out.

I just wanted to assure everyone this is not the case at all here!

Scott

All I can say is Wow!!! I have been anxiously reading through all these posts and cannot believe this is happening to you Scott, wow, just wow. I'm totally amazed by RCI and it ALL. As most of us here, wish you the very best and hope you can get to the bottom of all this to get it resolved. It's very scarey to think that RCI can do that to a returning cruiser for no apparent reason. Take care, much luck!

Scott: I can't even begin to tell you how I'd feel if this happened to me. I only hope that you get resolution to this whole mess. Since you are a hard working fellow, is it possible that you have a disgruntled fellow employee who has underminded you in some way?

Did the background check turn up something even you don't know about? Since the background checks are filed into a database that is also available to RCCL, is it possible they are acting upon that. Have you asked your employer if they have the results of the background check? It wouldn't be the first time that a background check has "bad/wrong" information!

I'm just drawing at straws at this point....

Archived