I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

Just to play the other side, sometimes people sound and act all innocient that they did nothing wrong only to find out something like when you went to complain about the room steward maybe you used foul offensive language or something. I just wish we could hear the other side of the story.

Scott, this is horrible and i am sitting here steamed at this whole thing...

Would we all be banned if we would email Adam Goldstein at rci about this? I would love to fire off one to him about the way this man has been treated... seems he was arrested- tried- convicted and banned without explanation and without knowing his supposed crime?? This is totally unacceptable, We could all be in the same situation...

Good Luck! Please let us know.

I thank you for being a firefighter, a hero... And if you want to cruise every other week, that is your business and you owe nobody and explanation!

I may start looking at princess now,

Firefighter...

Small world. Cottage Grove here also. Glad to have you protecting my home!

I would call KSTP channel 5 on this one. They would love this type of story. Might be the wrong time of year for it (I would see them running it in the late winter/early spring), but I think they would love to run with this story. Good luck!

Hoop..I am one to side with the conspiracy theory..It was just my gut initial feeling...I so hope this works out for you in all ways.

Hang in there and keep fighting for your rights.

UPDATE****UPDATE*****UPDATE****UPDATE*****UPDATE*****

I JUST got off the phone with the Executive Office Supervisor. He confirmed that I was no longer allowed to sail with RCCL or Celebrity.

I asked him to go into what I had done on the Brilliance, and HE SAID THERE WAS NO INCIDENT on the Brilliance! I advised him that I was told yesterday by the origional agent that I was told that this was over an Incident on the Brilliance of the Seas 1/2007, and he said that was INCORRECT INFORMATION.

He said their security department had identified me as a "risk", and therefore, I was "blackballed" by their company. I asked him if this was over a sailing or if I ended up on a list by the govt. He said he could not comment!

I said if this was brought up before 1/2007, and an alleged incident occured on another ship (That I am still not aware of) why was I allowed on the Brilliance? Why was I allowed to book new reservations? There is something quite fishy going on here, and now that it may not have been something I was aware of at all!!

Gosh have you seen this thread... either I am reading wrong or it has had more than 15.000 reads in just ONE day..

Good, maybe one person's money isn't important, but 15,000 people's may be to RCCL. I sure hope they are watching!

I JUST got off the phone with the Executive Office Supervisor. He confirmed that I was no longer allowed to sail with RCCL or Celebrity.

I asked him to go into what I had done on the Brilliance, and HE SAID THERE WAS NO INCIDENT on the Brilliance! I advised him that I was told yesterday by the origional agent that I was told that this was over an Incident on the Brilliance of the Seas 1/2007, and he said that was INCORRECT INFORMATION.

He said their security department had identified me as a "risk", and therefore, I was "blackballed" by their company. I asked him if this was over a sailing or if I ended up on a list by the govt. He said he could not comment!

I said if this was brought up before 1/2007, and an alleged incident occured on another ship (That I am still not aware of) why was I allowed on the Brilliance? Why was I allowed to book new reservations? There is something quite fishy going on here, and now that it may not have been something I was aware of at all!!

HOLLLLY COW....this is CRAZZZZZZY! You need to make some more phone calls, you are getting two stories from them..What the heck??

There is something quite fishy going on here, and now that it may not have been something I was aware of at all!!

This is why I said previously that you cannot give up until you get to the bottom of this. You have no way of knowing at this time if it could ever have some sort of impact on your future. This could, possibly, not be RCI's fault. You need to find out what information they have and where that info came from.

Scott-

I had to happen on this thread while taking "a minute" to check the boards!!! Of course, I had to read the whole thing!

I would definately be losing sleep if this were me. I understand your frustration as I would be furious. I would also not stop until I found out what is associated with my name.

Heck, it's not even happening to me and I'm already considering switching my loyalty to a cruiseline that takes customer service a little more seriously. (As a fellow firefighter - although it's volunteer - I'm especially loyal and tend to believe your side of the story)

Please keep us posted. If the thread is pulled, please update me at gfdgirl@yahoo.

Good Luck!

Julie

Okay so are they going to fully refund your money then for your upcoming sailing?! This is insane!

I am sorry, Hoop, but since when is a firefighter a risk? We have friends in that profession, and they are outstanding individuals, as I am sure that you are. It is not a job for trouble-makers. I am starting to think X-Files here.......

Hang in there, kid. You have a lot of support.

HOLLLLY COW....this is CRAZZZZZZY! You need to make some more phone calls, you are getting two stories from them..What the heck??

Two different stories from different people at RCI....imagine that.;)

Scott, thanks for the update. Of course, this just adds more questions to your situation, doesn't it? Does anyone have the direct line to Richard Fain?

Im an Army Reserve (Military Police) and I work for the DHS...I would love to see them accidently do this to me....Maybe I should not wish for that...Man I feel for you so so much:(

Now that is even more alarming....shades of the MacCarthy era........just what is this country coming to. This is so scary to me. Maybe those conspiracy theorists are not so far from reality after all. I must say, I do feel better about RCCL and their employees now. I simply must know how all this turns out Hoop. Please email me.

becciwells at satx dot rr dot com

You know you grow up in the 50's and think you are all happy and protected and safe and then you realize it's just an illusion. It's mind blowing. I can't tell you all why this has had such a profound effect on me....but it has.

On the Carnival boards, the thread about Mammabean's being drugged, it was made a sticky so we could all read and be made aware. Maybe if the moderators were to make this a "sticky" we would be able to follow it to the final outcome?

Moderators? any thoughts on this?

Wow Scott,

That is a worst case senerio (bad sp?). I have been earmarked several times by the airlines for intensive security checks for who knows what reason. Something was fishy to them, but never denied boarding. It must be something about your cruising behavior, requests for room location, something that has been documented repeatedly by the pursers desk or whatever that they are looking at. I would bet you are not alone in this.

I am so sorry. I guess at this point if it is the Dept. of Home Land Security looking I would most concerned. Not sure how involved the are in 'on board' issues though.

Once again, I am so sorry.

Sue

Firefighter security risk? Sounds like you have a repatable job, save peoples lives and there property, but loyal to one cruise line and a security risk???Yep sounds fishy to me...Would definately get a layer to suopena the courts for this supposed security risk.Also you deifnately aren't on the goverments list, casue as long as they don't call you in regards to your 2 carnival sailings upcoming means your fine in goverments eyes.

best of luck mate

Carnival Liberty 2/26/06

Carnival Freedom 12/1/07

RCCL Liberty of seas 4/19/08????

Boy, sure am glad I didn't get a guest comment card because I had intended to mention that we had a couple problems with our room steward. We didn't go to the front desk about it (thank goodness!).

I can't believe that this is happening to you. The very least RCCL owes you is an explanation. And if complaining repeatedly about an employee is what gets someone kicked off, I would think there would be a whole lot more people banned from RCCL, including a member of our last cruising group - which would be fine with the rest of us! I agree with others, there's been some kind of mix-up. Even if they have no intention of backing off their decision, at least they should tell you what you did.

:eek: I didn't think I could be shocked anymore by RCCL but now I am.

I hope you at least get an explanation. You deserve at least that. :(

Watch it your next!! after all of your complaining about AO staff!!:D (You know I'm kidding right??)

PEGLEG, one of the reasons I'm so interested is that this could happen to me as well.

Archived