I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

I have never sailed with RCI before, I've actually been on the boards researching. After reading this story and the other poster who had fabricated info on her and her son(did that result in a ban?) I'm very leery.

Does this happen on all the cruise lines for unexplained reasons????

By the way, best of luck to you. This is a "stinky" situation.

FFH---I think contacting HLS is a good step. But, keep on emailing media outlets...someone will pick it up. Maybe, some of us should contact RCI, media outlets(Good Morning America, Today Show, Fox News, Greta, Anderson). Just a thought. I wish we could be of more help to you, this is awful!:confused:

Are you positive that this call didn't come from someone you know that loves being a jokester? Did you verify the phone number, get the person's name. I can't imagine if they were banning someone that it didn't come in writing so they have proof that you were notified, also it should be coming from their lawyer. Hmmm, this has me wondering????

I agree. First of all, is you are the offender, RCI has to tell you why they cancelled your reservation. It sounds like someone is pulling a prank. Did you book this through a TA? If not, you can call RCI directly to verify this has really happened. This is not logical.

Could you find out if your background check was coded properly?

When was your background check done? Maybe RCI found out that people were asking the FBI about you and thought you may be "risky". It's such a coincidence that you had an extensive background check done, and now you're being flagged.

Thinking about the DHS thing more though, if it was a homeland security issue, I think that they would be more than willing to tell me that because then it would obviously shift the blame from them to another source.

Insteand of calling, writing, hiring lawyers, etc, it would be easier for them and me to keep them out of it and start inquiring with the DHS.

FFH, that's a good point. Putting myself in their shoes, I would be only too thrilled to pass the buck.

At any rate . . . hopefully it's a small consolation to know that so many people are behind you. Best of luck on the job today. :)

I am single, no kids, so I am able to pick up A LOT of overtime, go in for incident page outs, and work off duty at buisnesses that need medical standby.

Hmmm . . . . need a date for that next cruise;) ? I like those "risky" guys:D !

Alright All, I have to go to work,

Have a great day, and thanks again for ALL of your support:)

Scott - We'll all be here waiting when you get home! LOL! ;) :D

Hope you have a good day...

P.S. How does it feel to have hundreds of people waiting on you to get off work? :) :)

Would it do any good for all of us to call RCI Customer Relations Dept and start threatening to cancel our upcoming cruises unless they come clean with our friend for their reasoning? What do you guys think? Can someone post the nuber?

Thanks;) I am a firefighter (as you all could probablly tell by my screen name), therefore I wouldn't risk doing anything illegal or I could easilly lose my job if it was serious enough to get me banned from a cruise line!

I and most of the people in this thread are viewing you as credible. Just supposing for a moment that you did something that barely deserved a banning, I can't believe RCI currently has enough customers to turn any paying customer away and that is something happened agregious(sp) enough would happen, it should be made clear. Big companies, while not bending to extortion (which you obviously are not doing), realize the power of the internet and the resulting bad press has to be worse than what would have happened if they were more public about this.

Thinking about the DHS thing more though, if it was a homeland security issue, I think that they would be more than willing to tell me that because then it would obviously shift the blame from them to another source.

Insteand of calling, writing, hiring lawyers, etc, it would be easier for them and me to keep them out of it and start inquiring with the DHS.

I agree, this would make things so much easier on them!

I agree. First of all, is you are the offender, RCI has to tell you why they cancelled your reservation. It sounds like someone is pulling a prank. Did you book this through a TA? If not, you can call RCI directly to verify this has really happened. This is not logical.

If you read further, you'll see that FFhoop has already addressed this question and suggestion. RCI has verified that it's not a joke. ;)

Don't make any threats that you aren't truly willing to follow through with.

Would it do any good for all of us to call RCI Customer Relations Dept and start threatening to cancel our upcoming cruises unless they come clean with our friend for their reasoning? What do you guys think? Can someone post the nuber?

I have spent the better part of my morning reading this entire thread! I am shocked and I am really interested in the outcome. Hopefully we will know before to long.

I also have spent the better part of my day catching up on this thread instead of working... this is awful. I wish you luck in finding out what really happened. Perhaps some of us should email (using the addresses someone posted earlier) and let people know about this. Negative publicity is a powerful thing.

But everything is in the "perception". Are you a large/tall guy?

You make a lot of sense with that post. Years ago, I worked on a large team (Way pre 9/11/2001) and I was a fairly popular leader. We were expecting layoffs and knew for certain it was coming. I emailed a female co worker regarding the subject and said, "When the bomb does drop" (reffering to layoffs) And she said it scare her enough to go to HR

Fire- I started this thread at the beginning last night and there has been many post then, but I would look at my local TV news stations and their Consumer Activists people.

I have this small feeling that someone at RCCL Corporate is scrambling right now. This link has had over 7,000 hits in the last 2 hours alone. Dont be surprised if a huge apology soon follows to the OP.

I have spoken to the Customer Service people in the UK office and drawn their attention to this thread.

I've no wish to take sides on an issue where clearly not all the information is laid before us - that's the point isn't it, but I don't wish to see RCI's credibility damaged if a mistake has occurred, and I certainly don't want to see our firefighter friend inconvenienced any more than he has been already. If there is more to this than appears to be the case someone should surely tell him what it is!

Call me selfish, but there is no way I am calling RCL and threatening to cancel my cruise over this. I am very sorry he is banned but I don't think he would want any of us to jeopardize our vacations. I cruise in June and I want to be on that ship!

Scott, I think it is possible that someone is using your idenity, the cruise line does their checks a week or so before sailing...even though your brain is exhaused from thinking...have you been in a news article, name posted somewhere as a FF..anything??????? Someone could have been arrested and used your name so it doesn't have to be home land security..i

Its GOOGLE TIME!

Why is it that RCI will not tell him the reason for the ban? Even if it is just a business decision, it only makes good business sense to tell him the reason. Then as they continue to get bad publicity, they will be able to point to the reason given.

Archived