Tired Of Cruising?

I have only been on one cruise last year and it was the funnest time I have ever had (Western caribbean). I plan on going again but im hoping it doesnt get old after doing it a few times. Does anyone have any info who has been on a few more cruises than me.

Thanks.

We went on four cruises from August 13, 2003 and April 3, 2004. In September last year, we got off one ship and went to a different terminal and got on another ship the same day. We have one booked for Oct of this year and another booked for Oct 2005 and looking for one between. We will never get tired of cruising.

We have been on 20+ cruises in 10 years. From 2 days to 25 days in length. It hasn't gotten old yet as there are so many ships and so many itinerarys out there, just not enough money or time or I would try every one of them at least once!

Never get tired of cruising!

So far over 10 cruises and I don't know how I could get tired of cruising.

New ships, ports we have not been to yet, a new itinierary, ones we want to do again. The planning itself is fun and exciting. Each and every time I see the ship for the first time is so exciting.....just can't wait to get on board and see everything! With cruises you get the best of both worlds, unpack once, see many places....wake up each day in a new port....or a world away all alone at sea....make new friends. Cruises is the best value for your vacation dollar, even better if you don't need to fly to/from your departing ports!.....Makes me want to move to Florida!

Hope you continue to enjoy planning and cruising to new and exciting places!

I've been on all those cruises in my signature since 2001 (one ship 3 times) and I decided after this last one, it was time to take a break. Just in the mood to do something different and kinda lost a little of of that lovin feeling and excitement for cruising..for the moment anyway. :eek: So I don't have any cruises booked or planned. Funny how I can't stay away from the boards though. :D

DH and I have been on two cruises so far and are booking another one soon. We have our vacations planned out until 2007 and the only one that doesn't include cruising is to England and Scotland. We are addicted! There are soooo many places to see on cruises and so many different ships and cruise lines to try. We did Southern Caribbean in 2002 and Eastern Caribbean this year. Next year is Western Caribbean. In 2006, we are going to England and Scotland. In 2007, we are cruising around Hawaii and Tahiti. After that, we plan on cruising at least twice a year. :D

I've cruised 10 times since Oct 2001. Seven times on Rhapsody, (eighth time

coming up in Dec.) Splendour, Brilliance, and ZIM Mexico III (freighter) all

once. Sailed several times multiple lines prior to these sailings. Visiting friends this summer left us a catalogue for the Hebridean Princess. Once the

value (money or otherwise )declines, we'll explore other ways to spend

our money and time. Meanwhile, we find enough magic to keep us sailing.

CSW

After our second cruise we did get tired of cruising and chose to do land vacations instead. After our second land vacation, we are now ready to cruise again, this time for 12 days with 2 days in land.

After a while we do get tired of being on a boat and rather be in a city where you can go see different sites every day. At least for us is that way.

There is something very special about cruising that cannot be experienced on a land based vacation. We love to cruise but have found that spending every vacation on a cruise is not for us.

After our second cruise (which took us to St.Martin) we decided to spend ten days on the French side of St.Martin. We decided that we were hooked on both forms of vacationing and now return to St.Martin at least once each year and also take a cruise or two.

Another way of varying your cruise experiece is to go on a sailing ship. We love the Star Clipper Lines and have encountered service on the level of RCCL, Princess, and Celebrity but in a much smaller, quieter venue. If you enjoy being on the sea and away from the crowds it is a great way to cruise.

You may find that the ships themselves draw you to cruise...each has its own personality.

I hope you find the mix that is perfect for you.

We have been on over 10 cruises and we love everything about it. We love not having to think about where should we go for dinner, or is it safe to go dancing at a club at night. I don't think we'll ever get tired of it.

We have not tired of cruising, but then again, it's NOT the only kind of vacation we take. With that said, I honestly can say that if cruising would be our only vacation option, I would tire of it very quickly. I need some variety in my life, and cruising is pretty much the same all the time.

Don't get me wrong, being on a ship and visiting a different port every day is very enjoyable (I prefer port intensive itineraries). But the "formula" is always the same - structured activities while on board. We alternate land based dive vacations and trips to resorts with our cruises. We find taking a cruise with friends and family to be what works well for us, and save resort vacations and dive trips for the two of us.

But like with all things, some people like going back to the same vacation destination year after year, so it's really what suits you the best. I for one like variety. And since we are divers, prefer land based dive vacations. If you want my opinion, I recommend you try new itineraries and not stick to only one thing. Cruising can be fun, especially with a group of friends.

Just my two cents worth.

We look forward to every single one of them. :)

We also fly to different places to visit the family, so we do have different types of vacations. Next year, DisneyWorld in Florida with family. Then back on the cruises. :D

We love to cruise, but we usually alternate vacations between cruising and a land vacation. That way we can get more of a nightlife experience, and slow down a little since we'll be at our destination for more than one day.

Archived