Question for Friend - No cruise docs?

Terre

I have a friend who is sailing on Norwegian in a few weeks to Hawaii. She booked air separately for her family. She has not yet gotten cruise docs. My DH and I are leaving the same time on Carnival with a Southern itinerary.

We have our docs, so my friend called her TA to find out where their docs were. She was told that since she didn't book air, she would not get docs. We always book air separately and have always gotten cruise docs. They told her that her e-mail confirmation is all she needs and will get luggage tags at the pier. We've been on 14 cruises and have never not gotten cruise docs except for our cruise to Bermuda because we booked so close to time of the cruise. She's been booked for months.

Does this make sense to you? Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a friend who is sailing on Norwegian in a few weeks to Hawaii. She booked air separately for her family. She has not yet gotten cruise docs.

Does this make sense to you? Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes it makes sense. NCL has converted to Electronic Documents or E-Docs. Her Travel Agent should have received an email from NCL that could have been forwarded to her and will allow her to print her own confirmation. Eventually, the day will come when all cruise lines do the same thing and switch to all electronic delivery. It saves them a ton of money.

For the past few cruises, we have received our cruise docs electronically. It is not a problem at all. Mine come straight from RCCL in my email -not forwarded through a TA.

I'd have her check directly with the cruise line to find out their procedure.

We too have received our document through email attachements.

Not a problem at all. Those documents were treated no differently. Got them for the last two cruises and the luggage tags weren't a problem either.

I think they charge now if you want the mailed paper documents.

She may still get docs as NCL won't change over fully till the end of the month. Depends what "a few weeks" really is. Some cruise lines wait till 2 weeks before to send them off, others are 4. It varies. Some agents also don't deliver them until the cruise gets closer to avoid those "I can't find my documents now, what do I do" type of phone calls.

Archived