Do Singles pay double price?

mandabear

Just wondering if singles have to pay the full price for a double occupancy cabin. I have a large group sailing on the Caribbean Princess and some people will be going single (and don't want to double up with each other). Anyone know if they get a discount?

It depends on the cruise line, the itinerary, and the time of year. Are you the TA for the group, or are you the leader and working with a TA?

Ultimately it's up to the cruise line, and some of them are pretty insistent on singles paying 200%. I'm not familiar with Princess' policy.

Roz

We're working with a TA. This is my wedding cruise, so I'm the one who has to sort out all the details for the guests. Thanks for the info. Guess I should just talk to my TA. It's just that I think I get better answers from the people on the boards than from the TA!

There are always single supplements no matter what cruise line. Some lines are more fair to those of us who cruise single, while others don't give a rip how much we have to pay. They also will pay a lesser SS if they book one of the cheaper cabins---on some lines the cheapest cabins have the lowest SS percentage-wise. If you're booking a large number of cabins, your TA should negotiate a bit with the cruise line.

Just wondering if singles have to pay the full price for a double occupancy cabin. I have a large group sailing on the Caribbean Princess and some people will be going single (and don't want to double up with each other). Anyone know if they get a discount?

Most, not all, of Princess cruises require a 150% sgl supp. Some are listed at 200%.

Go to Princess web site and do a faux "Book A Cruise" for your cruise. First enter two as the number of pax, followed by the same process for one. That will give you a starting point for comparison. Then contact your TA.

A good Princess certified TA could answer your question immediately. I'd suspect that with a large group negotiations would be on the table. You may be the leader, but it's up to the TA to negotiate prices.

There is always a supplement. I have never pay 200% but I have pay about 130 to 150%. . If you want a balcony, it will cost you 200%.

I always get a outside room . its alot cheaper.

Just FYI, the single supplement is only on the cruise portion of the fare. You don't have to pay double port charges/fees, so it's not exactly double.

Some only charge 150% of the cruise portion during certain times.

• 1 month later...

Caitlyn you are exactly right, Im speaking for Princess I've cruised solo with them a couple of times and just booked a 10 day sailing(solo) for this fall and I just paid double for the cruise only, not port fee's and taxes. Yes it's still quite a bit of money but I have my own room gotta category BG Outside Statesroom with Balcony. The Princess Grand Class Ships Im not sure there is a "single supplement" so-to-speak on these ships I've never found one and have looked extensively, I booked this particular sailing about a week ago and it's virtually sold out. Hope that helps Todd in Charleston

For comparison:

7 Day E. Carib on Carnival Glory $429 pp or $564 solo.

7 Day E. Carib on RCI Mariner of the Seas $599.00 pp or $1039 solo.

Note that the Carnival staterooms have windows to the outside; the RCI are interior prices.

cathy... you have to actually "pretend" to book...pick one of the ship/sail dates of that sail... go thru the online process and as you get to cabin catoegories you will see the prices

so, for example, the Brilliance on Dec 17th.. balcony cabins for 1 price out starting at $699 or an inside @ 349....and if you area C&A you may have more discounts on a balcony...

A baclony on the 9/23 Freedom of the Seas...$1570....for the single..

cathy... you have to actually "pretend" to book...pick one of the ship/sail dates of that sail... go thru the online process and as you get to cabin catoegories you will see the prices

so, for example, the Brilliance on Dec 17th.. balcony cabins for 1 price out starting at $699 or an inside @ 349....and if you area C&A you may have more discounts on a balcony...

A baclony on the 9/23 Freedom of the Seas...$1570....for the single..

mitaxi... i'm not trying to be difficult, but i try a pretend booking every day at least twice. i kinda meant, where do you find that list of all the cruises with the applicable ships and sailings? thanks, cathy

mitaxi... i'm not trying to be difficult, but i try a pretend booking every day at least twice. i kinda meant, where do you find that list of all the cruises with the applicable ships and sailings? thanks, cathy

LOL... sorry cathy...it is not listed on the RCCL site....it was posted on the board from someone.... and I actually had it also sent to me from a cruise on line TA...

so for now you just have to click on this site http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/07008417_RCI_SINGLES.pdf and go off of these ships and sailings and hopefully this will be a regular savings thru RCCL

Michele

Hi,:) usually Royal Caribbean and Celebrity charge somewhere

between 150 and 200% for singles.

I have rarely ever seen their supplements at less than 150% and

it is usually 200.

LOL... sorry cathy...it is not listed on the RCCL site....it was posted on the board from someone.... and I actually had it also sent to me from a cruise on line TA...

so for now you just have to click on this site http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/07008417_RCI_SINGLES.pdf and go off of these ships and sailings and hopefully this will be a regular savings thru RCCL

Michele

thanks mitaxi for your quick reply! i'm going to try something different to hopefully get the savings now that i see how it is advertised. thanks!!! cathy

I love Princess, but I just cannot afford their single rates. I'm trying Carnival for the first time because of the price. I don't like the idea of being paired with a stranger (a la HAL).

Are you telling us that HAL will pair you with a total stranger in a room for a cruise?

I would have serious issues with that!

Not to mention the person that was in the cabin with me. :) ;)

Are you telling us that HAL will pair you with a total stranger in a room for a cruise?

I would have serious issues with that!

Not to mention the person that was in the cabin with me. :) ;)

Hi Phil, yes, HAL has done roommate sharing......I have issues

with it as well..

Meeting someone for the 1st time? No thanks. They might be a nice

person, but who knows.....and I have been on my own for over

20 years~and I have a hard enough time sharing a cabin with someone

I know;) ....I just like my own space. So sharing with someone

who is a total stranger, No Thanks!

Hi Earl, glad things have worked out for you:)

Fortunetly, I am able to sail solo. Yes it is more money, but I love

sailing solo:D......not sure I would share a cabin again, even

it is was with someone I knew.

Archived