LA airport and port Distace

svetas74

Hi,

we are planning on taking a Mexican Rivera Cruise out of LA next fall.

I found a flight back at 10:20 am. Is there a possibility to making that flight? Or there is no chance....

Thanks so much!

Lana

Hi,

I found a flight back at 10:20 am. Is there a possibility to making that flight? Or there is no chance....

Thanks so much!

Lana

No problem, we take a 10:30 flight all the time after our cruise from LAX. :)

Granted if there is a problem with disembarkation then you may not make it.

Granted if there is a problem with disembarkation then you may not make it.[/quote

I ask the same question about our 12:15 PM flight and here is the answer I got:confused:

Take a cab, and hope that you make your flight. Our last two trips in LA, when we had private transporation, we weren't on the pier until nearly noon. You need to be at LAX AT LEAST two hours before your flight. You will need to talk to the cruise line about trying to get you off the ship no later than 9:30AM.

You might even do better with Princess transfers, but you will have to wait for the bus to fill up before they leave the dock.

Granted if there is a problem with disembarkation then you may not make it.[/quote

I ask the same question about our 12:15 PM flight and here is the answer I got:confused:

This could be the case at any pier anytime.

Take a cab, and hope that you make your flight. Our last two trips in LA, when we had private transporation, we weren't on the pier until nearly noon. You need to be at LAX AT LEAST two hours before your flight. You will need to talk to the cruise line about trying to get you off the ship no later than 9:30AM.

You might even do better with Princess transfers, but you will have to wait for the bus to fill up before they leave the dock.

There is always that chance, and I prepare in case we miss the flight but (knock on wood) we do it all the time and have not had a problem. I would never take Princess transfers especialy if you are on a tight schedule.

I know there was a time there in LA that the ship/customs were having continual problems week after week. At that point it would be fruitless to have an earlier flight. :)

If you do the express walk off that is the best way to handle it. :)

Can you tell me how far away LAX is from San Pedro docks? And what the cab fare would be? We arrive at the pier on a Wednesday and will probably get our own transportation instead of waiting for Princess bus to fill up and waiting for 30/40 other passengers!!

Thank you

Snowbird

The Port of Los Angeles, located in San Pedro, CA, is about 20 miles from LAX. The typical cab fare would be about $50. The average driving time is anywhere from 25 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.

We are also ready to make plane reservations, I have a choice of 12:15pm and 2pm, would prefer 12:15 as we are going all the way back to Florida, but I think my comfort zone from what I have read here will be for me to make it at 2pm-

Hi,

Thanks so much!

Lana

I think you are cutting it way too close. I would be looking for something after noon.

Can you tell me how far away LAX is from San Pedro docks? And what the cab fare would be? We arrive at the pier on a Wednesday and will probably get our own transportation instead of waiting for Princess bus to fill up and waiting for 30/40 other passengers!!

Thank you

Snowbird

Depending on LA traffic, the cab fare would be somewhere between $40 and $75. And it's around 20 miles or so.

Twice I have sailed from LA.... once on the same cruise as Cruisin' Chick. Patty - weren't we held up because of customs on the return? I remember the RCCL ship came in after us and they weren't even disembarking until long after us. Customs was late on arriving, if I remember right.

When we sailed on the Pride out of Long Beach, our ship was late coming back due to weather... that's two for two for us out of that area. We probably wouldn't have made a 10:20 flight either time... we drive so not an issue - but you get the picture.

Think about self debarkation and hope for the best. Also research to see if there are other flights that day that you might fit on if you miss your flight. If there are only a couple of flights each day to your airport - you will have a harder time with standy if you do miss your flight.

When we sailed on the Pride out of Long Beach, our ship was late coming back due to weather... that's two for two for us out of that area. We probably wouldn't have made a 10:20 flight either time... we drive so not an issue - but you get the picture.

Are you referring to this picture?

LB-SP.jpg

Twice I have sailed from LA.... once on the same cruise as Cruisin' Chick. Patty - weren't we held up because of customs on the return? I remember the RCCL ship came in after us and they weren't even disembarking until long after us. Customs was late on arriving, if I remember right.

Think about self debarkation and hope for the best. Also research to see if there are other flights that day that you might fit on if you miss your flight. If there are only a couple of flights each day to your airport - you will have a harder time with standy if you do miss your flight.

On that cruise, we were scheduled (according to the disembarkation Patters) to get to the Bayou Cafe or off the ship (can't remember) about 8:45. That was about the time the disembarkation process began for the first color. We actually got off the ship at 11:10. Fortunately, we didn't have a flight to catch. I called the car service we had hired about 10am and said we were getting off the ship much later than planned and would need to call when we are actually ready for pickup. Our cabin steward allowed us to stay in our cabin (since you were down the hall on the same deck, you probably passed by us that morning) and watched the end of "The Incredibles," all of "Finding Neverland" and the first part of "Good Company."

I think this was the latest we have ever gotten off a ship.

On that cruise' date=' we were scheduled (according to the disembarkation Patters) to get to the Bayou Cafe or off the ship (can't remember) about 8:45. That was about the time the disembarkation process began for the first color. We actually got off the ship at 11:10. Fortunately, we didn't have a flight to catch. I called the car service we had hired about 10am and said we were getting off the ship much later than planned and would need to call when we are actually ready for pickup. Our cabin steward allowed us to stay in our cabin (since you were down the hall on the same deck, you probably passed by us that morning) and watched the end of "The Incredibles," all of "Finding Neverland" and the first part of "Good Company."

I think this was the latest we have ever gotten off a ship.[/quote']

Good - my memory hasn't gone! LOL I know we spent a great deal of time up on the pool deck waiting to get cleared... and watched the other ship as NO ONE got off.

I am sure we did pass by you... We have never tried to stay in our cabin. Never thought of it.

The Pride had a good deal where they had the comedian entertain during debarkation. We had Priority tags so we didn't see him, but I am sure we will be down there this year since we won't have those tags. :( Even with the priority tags - it was still late since we came in late and I was glad we didn't have a flight. The stress would not have been a great end to a great cruise.

Depending on LA traffic, the cab fare would be somewhere between $40 and $75. And it's around 20 miles or so.

Would it be around that from Long Beach also for a taxi for two? Super Shuttle is $34 for two?

Would it be around that from Long Beach also for a taxi for two? Super Shuttle is $34 for two?

A taxi from LAX to Long Beach could be even more.

Instead of a taxi you might want to use one of the many car service around town. Last year we used GoldenWest to San Pedro from LAX. We knew the fare upfront a flat $50 each way. They pick you up at the curb and take you directly to the pier. No worries about the cab fare and no crowded shuttles.

http://www.goldenwestexpress.com/

A taxi from LAX to Long Beach could be even more.

Instead of a taxi you might want to use one of the many car service around town. Last year we used GoldenWest to San Pedro from LAX. We knew the fare upfront a flat $50 each way. They pick you up at the curb and take you directly to the pier. No worries about the cab fare and no crowded shuttles.

http://www.goldenwestexpress.com/

Thanks for the info- Price now is $65 each way. We are not going until next year, will check again when time gets closer!!!!

Good - my memory hasn't gone! LOL I know we spent a great deal of time up on the pool deck waiting to get cleared... and watched the other ship as NO ONE got off.

I am sure we did pass by you... We have never tried to stay in our cabin. Never thought of it.

The Pride had a good deal where they had the comedian entertain during debarkation. We had Priority tags so we didn't see him, but I am sure we will be down there this year since we won't have those tags. :( Even with the priority tags - it was still late since we came in late and I was glad we didn't have a flight. The stress would not have been a great end to a great cruise.

The comedian on the Ectasy for our Baja cruise performed in the major theater. I remember the girl and other girls her age were playing with one of their "happy meal" toys (I think from "Spirit"). What a memory and I'm post-M to boot.

Here's their reply to me, maybe the $50 is for San Pedro and $65 to Long Beach. Anyway, since we ar enot going until next year, who knows wha it will be by then!!!! YIKES!! Thanks all:eek:

The rate is $65.00. Each Way .

JIM

Golden West Express

1800-917-5656

Archived