Do you need to bring hangers?

I am packing tonight and was wondering if RCI provides clothes hangers in the staterooms?

Should I bring my own?

Here are 2 of the greatest things I have gleaned from these boards:

Leave as many shirts and pants on hangers that you can when you pack. Just fold them in half in the suitcase, and tuck the hanger down a little. When you unpack, it only takes a few moments and wrinkles come out quickly.

Repeat above when packing to go home after your cruise.

During the cruise, use one of your medium to small suitcases as a dirty hamper. Turn it up on it's side with the zipper open on top. It will fit in a closet on the floor, or under a desk, or sometimes up against an open wall. When the cruise is over, not only is it full, you already have a bag packed. :D And the bonus................all your clean clothes and dirty stay seperated.

we had a lot of luggage this past cruise...there were about 25 hangars in total...15 regular and 10 with the little pant clips...we asked for a couple more and they had additional ones readily available...so I dont believe you will need them

Leave as many shirts and pants on hangers that you can when you pack. Just fold them in half in the suitcase, and tuck the hanger down a little. When you unpack, it only takes a few moments and wrinkles come out quickly.

During the cruise, use one of your medium to small suitcases as a dirty hamper. Turn it up on it's side with the zipper open on top. It will fit in a closet on the floor, or under a desk, or sometimes up against an open wall. When the cruise is over, not only is it full, you already have a bag packed. :D And the bonus................all your clean clothes and dirty stay seperated.

This is the only way 2 go.

I learned the hanger tip from my friend and did the dirty clothes in suitcase or a cloth laundry bag I bring and have it in the closet.

Hey Lisa long time no see...I am going back on the mariner..AGAIN lol!

If you ask your cabin steward he will always bring you more hangers, but I always bring my own. I have a friend who has a garment bag and packs all her stuff on hangers...never seen anyone unpack so fast lol! Those wooden hangers take up a lot of room and clang together so I always bring my own.

I like the idea of using a suitcase as a dirty clothes hamper. An additional idea is line this suitcase with a trashbag to help keep the suitcase a tad cleaner. I will probably end up washing the liner in the suitcase anyway though.

I pack a lot of our clothes in a garment bag and the suiter section of our suitcase, so the wire hangers are already hanging my stuff, unpacking is very easy that way.

I've been on a couple of ship tours and can tell you that leaving the hangers behind just makes that much more work for the cabin stewards to clean out. I saw piles of them in trash cans in the corridors.

I don't use a hamper for dirty clothes, I just re-hang my clothes after they are worn and re-pack them the same way I brought them along. It makes re-packing easier, no stuffed suitcases and all my stuff is dirty, I don't overpack, so no clean clothes to take home.

I've packed both ways and light packing and re-packing for the return trip the same way as the outbound trip has proven to be the easiest.

However you pack, have a great trip :)

GREAT IDEA Silly Jilly!!! I love the small suitcase as a hamper suggestion!

I don't bring extra hangers, just what my clothes are already hung on. I DO ,however, bring a plastic shoe hanger ( I leave it wrapped in the store pkg.) It really helps keep the closet floor from being too messy and allows me to place other things on the floor. It's been my favorite tp from reading the boards so far!

Karen

The only hangers we brought with us were for the clothes hanging in our garment bag, just used wire hangers so I could cram it full. We carried this bag on the ship, so the first thing I did when we got to room was hang clothes up from bag, so they weren't too wrinkled. The rest of our clothes we had hangers for most of it. We left shorts & tshirts folded up. We kept big suitcase underbed and but dirty clothes in their each day.

Have a great cruise! :)

I usually bring my own. I don't really like the hangers in the cabin because they are the ones you have to unhook from the ring. I would rather just bring normal wire hangers and then I don't feel bad leaving them behind. Plus traveling with three there aren't enough, but I have a tendency to overpack. :o

There's a garment bag thing inside the one suitcase I carry for travel and I just pack everything that can hang on wire hangers from the dry cleaner and leave them behind. It's easier for me to pack that way and makes unpacking in the cabin easier, too.

My wife already packs about 3 monstrous pieces of luggage for our cruises. If she packed hangers, I would really, really lose my mind.:D The more I cruise, it seems the less I pack. She still overpacks.

I'm sure your DW would agree that it really averages out over the years!:D

( Between the two of us we have a foldover rolling suitcase for formal clothes, etc., one regular suitcase and one or two carryons. ) Nancy

Just cruised with DH and 2 DS's. We had plenty of hangers - even had empty ones. All 4 of us in 1 inside cabin (don't know if they give you more hangers in different classes of cabins). Also...to save room on the hangers hang the shirt and pants or blouse and pants/skirt that make an outfit on one hanger together. Then you just grab one hanger and get ready.

Archived