Silver Moon Catamaran - Great !!!!!

love2cruise4ever

littleoceangirl - Did the crew give you that recipe? I ask because the drink was pure snow white, and pineapple juice would give a yellow color (which is how most pina coladas look). This was was distinctly different that any I've ever seen or tasted.

Hi

Yup I got the recipe from the crew. The trick is to add a bit more coconut cream if it looks too yellow.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to thank this thread for such a wonderful day for my family and I.

Wow is all I can say! This day was by far one of the highlights of our Christmas cruise aboard the Zaandam. We sailed aboard the Silver Moon II on Christmas Eve for their 5 hour Lunch Cruise. The new 45' catamaran is sister to the original 44' Silver Moon. SM II sails this lunch cruise with a maximum of 18 people aboard. Cost was $80 per adult and $50 per child and well worth the expense. The cat does hold up to 40 persons for private charters, so it is obvious that there is plenty of room for 18 people to comfortable sail, drink, eat and swim or snorkel.

We were a family of 11, ages 8 - 90+, out of a total of 18 people aboard. There was plenty of space for everyone to spread out. Never did we feel crowded. There was shade for my Grandmother and anyone else who wanted it and plenty of spots for sunning and relaxing. Captain Nick, the owner, and his crew, the kind of young men which every parent would like their daughter to marry, treated spoiled us from the first moment we stepped on board and we could not have been more pleased with this excursion.

Our excursion this day was 10 am to 3 pm. We were met outside of the cruise terminal and transported via mini-bus the few minute ride to the marina. The boat is new, and kept clean as a whistle. You must remove your shoes to even step aboard. We were a little concerned about my grandmother being able to walk on board, but the crew very very carefully and skillfully cajoled and assisted her.

Once we were all aboard drink orders were taken and we began our 5 hours of bliss. First off we were told that there was a very strong swell out of the north and the waves were just too big to get in with the turtles. A snorkel above a couple of wrecks would be substituted instead. After a 45 minute sail, the first snorkel stop was to a reef. The crew passed out high quality, well kept, snorkel gear and at each stop one crew member acted as guide. At each stop one of the crew members snorkeled with the group and acted as guide.

Following this snorkel, everyone re-boarded, rinsed off with the fresh water hose and ate a delicious bountiful lunch of fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, fish, garlic bread and caesar salad. All the while, we were offered unlimted soda, beer, wine, pina coladas, pum punch or strawberry dacquiris. Lunch was even followed by Rum Cake and coffee or tea.

Seeing some of the other passing catamaran excursions packed to the gills, we knew no matter how much others had paid for their excursions, we had the best value for our money and it was the absolute best decision to go with Silver Moon. I will post a link with photos as soon as I can get them online.

http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm

OK, guys! You sold me! I just booked for March 22! We will be on Silver Cloud II as Silver Cloud has a private party that day. Sounds like it doesn't matter which one we are on. We are SO looking forward to this trip!

Becky

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I started this thread last year when I went on this wonderful trip on the Silver Moon, I am getting ready for my summer cruise which I do once a year and I just came back to the board to check on this year new ideas. It is amazing that this thread still alive after almost one year. And the true is that the reason for it is that this is trully a great experience. Going in the Silver Moon is like living the live of the rich and famous for one day. I haven't been yet on the second boat (silver Moon II) but if it is 1/2 as good as the the one I went on, I am sure it will be great. :)

Arubalisa,

I could not agree more about wanting our daughter to marry someone like the crew members. We had Shawn and Chris. Melissa was also on board. The guys were having a great time with her. Even though it rained for part of our trip we really had a great time. We were able to visit with each other and learn more about each other and the crew while waiting out the rain. Chris told me that our group was one of the most fun he ever had. I asked if he told that to every trip and he said " Not the one we had this morning, some are alot more fun than others"

Kathy M

We would love to do the Silver Moon. But I am very nervous about the time we get back and making our ship before it sails.

The Silver Moon gets back at 4:15 and we sail at 5:00. I have no idea what time the "last call" for Summit is if she sails at 5:00. Also, what happens if the Silver Moon is late getting back?

I am looking for some assurances here I guess.

Has anyone heard of anyone not making the ship in time from the Silver Moon trip?

From what I understand, if they know what time you need to be back at the ship they will make sure you are back at the dock in enough time. Maybe if you email them they could give you some details on this.

Good news everyone! We are booked on the Silver Moon for April 6 and they adjusted the time! Maybe not just for us, but it is adjusted nevertheless. It will be 10:30 to 3:30 now. Summit sails at 5:00 so now we have plenty of time and I am going to stop worrying about it! (smile)

I am so excited! I have heard so many good things about the Silver Moon!

They did the exact same schedule for us and we had a bit of time to shop post side as well. This was last week on the Dawn.

Only suggestion for you is when you exit terminal gather where all the Buses come in and line up. We gathered way outside the terminal and watched the bus drive by back inside. Bit of a concern but well worth it. You could almost walk to their dock.

Trust me you will enjoy it.

We've just booked the Silver Moon today for our Summit cruise. We will be in Barbados on March 16. I asked about the time frame because our ship sails at 5 and I mentioned that some people got their time changed to 10:30- 3:30, but they said it wasn't possible to change the time, but that we'd be okay making it back to the ship by 4:15. I sure hope so, or we'll be swimming our way to the next port of call!

Jerseygirl3,

When I first inquired about changing the time I was told also that it couldn't be changed. Then two days later I had a email from them saying that they did change it!

Now in our particular case we were the last four to book out of 12 passengers. I am assuming that after I made that request that they contacted the other eight passengers and asked them if they would mind starting a half an hour earlier. They must have agreed and hence the email back to me with the time change. I am just guessing that this is what happened. This is for April 6.

But....I had already made up my mind to book on the Silver Moon anyway and take the chance. I figured it was a very small chance of missing the ship and worth taking in order to sail on the Silver Moon. The Silver Moon gets back at 4:00 normally and supposedly is only 5 minutes from the ship. So you have a half a hour lea way getting back. It should be enough. But I am even happier with the extra half hour.

Hey rjack and jerseygirl - we are four of the 12 on the april 6th silver moon!! We're from Wisconsin, sailing on the Destiny. I kind of wondered why the time changed for the tour - now I know. Makes no difference to us. So how many in your group - are you taking the tour for snorkeling, partying, sailing or just because?

Hey W8ing2cruz!

So you are on the Silver Moon with us on April 6! Fantastic!

We are on Celebrity Summit. There are three ships in Barbados on that date. Summit, Constellation, and Destiny. Summit and Constellation both sail at 5:00 whereas the Destiny is scheduled to leave at 10:00 pm.

Now you have no problem on the Destiny, but for us on Celebrity ships it was cutting it kind of tight when the Silver Moon didn't get back until 4:00 and the "all aboard" is at 4:30! That is why I asked if the time could be moved up a little bit. I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. As I said, they initially said no but then two days later changed it. I was very happy.

So my question to you is this. Did Ocean Adventures contact you to ask if you minded the time change? Or did they just do it and notify you? I am curious. I would hope that they asked "permission" from those already booked in case it made a difference to someone. I'd hate to think my request caused anyone to be unhappy. Maybe like us, they are glad it is a half and hour earlier.

As I said before, we grabbed the last four spots on Silver Moon for April 6. I am very glad to "meet" someone else sailing with us that day.

There are four of us. My husband and I are from NW Ohio and the other couple are from Florida.

My husband and I like to snorkel and sail. Not much into a "party" atmoshere. Just a good time.

We look forward to meeting you on the Silver Moon in April!

Guess what? After they told me the time would remain 11-4 and they assured me we'd be back to the Summit before she sails, I got an email today telling me to be at the cruise terminal by 10:30. So I guess they decided to move up our time, as well. That is a relief, but we were still going even if they didn't change the time.

Jerseygirl,

I hate to burst your bubble, but if they told you to be there at 10:30 that is for the 11:00 departure.

We were told to be at the Cruise Terminal at 10:00 for our 10:30 departure.

I still think you will be fine. I had already made up my mind to go ahead with the Silver Moon before I learned of the time change. Of course the time change makes me rest a little easier, but from all the research I did for the Silver Moon I saw no reports of anyone missing the ship.

rjack and jerseygirl - I just looked at my confirmation for the Silver Moon and it indicates that we should be a Gate 5 in the cruise terminal at 10 A.M. I think this confirms that it will be a 10:30 departure. Okay - if rjack has four and our group has four, do you have four jerseygirl? If so, we're all accounted for! I absolutely can't wait for this tour. I'll email you rjack so we can get to know our fellow tour passengers.

W8ing2cruz:

I am part of the 4 with rjackson22 and it is just 8 of us so far. Jerseygirl3 is going to be in the Barbados on 3/16/05. So we can still wonder who the other 4 people will be. Maybe they will be from a resort and not a cruise. Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting you guys and think that this outing onboard the Silver Moon will be fantastic. I am glad rjackson22 talked me into it!!!!! See you in little over 60 days!

PoohUnderstands

Archived