Silver Moon Catamaran - Great !!!!!

love2cruise4ever

Hey, if anyone is going on the Silver Moon before April, would you please take some pictures of the interior and decks of the Silver Moon and post them? I would really like to see some.

We will be there on Feb. 16th. I'll try to take some good pictures, but after a few drinks there'll be no guarantee, LOL!

What is the best way to book the Silver Moon. I was able to go onto the ocean sports website, but I didn't see where you could look for availability. Any thoughts or comments would be great.

:)

Click on "contact us" and fill out your info including the date you want. If there is availability, they will send you an email and a fax # so you can put down a deposit to hold your reservation.

Hey there,

To be honest I was told that references to my pina colada was made on cruise critic and I couldn't help but check today. The recipee is usually depends on how many we make at a time. All that goes into them is: simple syrup (liquid sugar), pineapple juice, a bit of water, coconut cream (always a must), white rum (don't really like them with vodka), ice and of course a whole lot of smiles (which is simple when you're on vacation). To mamke two like for you and a special someone you'd need like a bit less than half a blender full of ice, a cup of juice and maybe the equivalent of 5 tablespoons of water. We usually put very little coconut creme if not it just comes on too thick, so by a little like a tablespoon and simply syrup as sweet as you like it (I would put like 2 tablespoons). The amount of rum is of course up to you ;) Hope this was of some help to recreate the magic of Silver moon at home. I hope that everything is going great for everyone I have met on board and especially for the sweet single mom! Keep smiling....:cool:

Thanks to all that posted here about the Silver Moon excursion in Barbados. My DH and I will be in Barbados on Dec. 10th, 2005 on the Sea Princess. We are going to celebrate our 37th Wedding Anniversary. This sounds like the best excursion I've heard of. I like the small numbers and the pampering. If anyone else is going to book this tour please post because we would love to say Hello ahead of time. We will be coming down from Wisconsin! Our ship stays in port until midnight so we have plenty of time to do other things as well.

Once again, thanks to all that post. I love this site.

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

So nice to hear from you - I know you don't remember me, you have SO many people that would be impossible, but it is so sweet of you to post that. I will definitely try that at home, and tell my son that it came directly from you! You made him a "virgin" pina colada when we were there in August, and he just loved it! Still raves about to this day. Thanks again! :)

My husband and I were on the Silver Moon I the 2nd week of February. I booked it because of these reviews and because my husband enjoyed learning how to snorkel on our last cruise.

I, on the other hand, got freaked out from snorkeling (my brain couldn't connect to seeing underwater and breathing), but I booked this tour anyway (cuz I'm such a great wife ;-).

When on board, one of the shipmates asked if we could all snorkel. I admitted that I hadn't figured it out. He offered to help me at our first stop.

Jason got into the water with me at the first stop and basically gave me private lessons on how to snorkel. We worked through the process in baby-steps. I first simply had the face mask on and held my breathe (he asked if I was claustraphobic (which I am slightly) and he said to close my eyes first), then I put my head underwater up to my hairline and opened my eyes. I was able to do this holding my breathe. I did this a couple of times and then we moved onto the mouth piece.

The first time under (I still closed my eyes and then opened them underwater), I was breathing heavy. I'll admit I was scared. But I did it, although for a short time.

Our next stop, I got out by myself and decided it was mind over matter...I could do this...what was the worst that could happen? I followed Jason's instructions. The coolest moment was when my breathing went from the frantic in-and-out to the normal, relaxed breathing. I was floating and enjoying the beautiful scene below me.

I credit Jason for the one-on-one personal attention to helping me experience one of the Caribbean's truly fascinating adventures...snorkeling.

Jlane:

I see that you are from Greendale, WI. My wife and I are from Germantown, WI and will be going on the Silver Moon I next week. After you got over the snorkeling phobia, did you feel like this was a great excursion? I am really looking forward to it!

Petem:)

Petem:

Besides the wonderful experience of learning how to snorkel, the Silver Moon was an awesome excursion. The crew waited on you hand and foot (no lack of having a drink in hand), they were personable, funny, and they served a wonderful lunch.

There were only 12 of us on board, and although this catamaran was slightly higher in cost, it was well worth it. In fact, I would like to repeat this southern caribbearn track next year with our neighbors, and I would book with Silver Moon again.

My husband loved this trip. On the Silver Moon, in the front, in between the catamarans, is webbing where you can lay. At one point, the engines were shut down and we were sailing. No noise, just the sound of the ocean, the wind and sun on your face.

I can't wait to go back.

We did the Silver Moon Feb 13 and it was the highlight of our cruise. The staff was extremely attentive, the boat was brand new, with the best electronic equipment and the staff could not do enough for us. The lunch was great. We were greeted at the pier by Emma who drove us 5 minutes to the Silver Moon. I Would love to go back just for this trip. I got pictures of my daughter petting a swimming sea turtle. I have snorkeled all over the Caribbean and this trip ranks number one.

:)

We had booked the Silver Moon catamaran directly from their website: http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm.

Again, we had read great reviews on the cruisecritic ports boards and it was just as wonderful as everyone had said it would be. They only allow 12 people and that makes it so much more personal. This boat is only 2 years old and it’s in beautiful shape. The crew are helpful, entertaining and safe seamen (and women). The tour was 5 hours, we got picked up right at the pier, driven maybe 5 minutes to where the catamaran was docked. We had to take off our shoes before boarding, and then stowed our snorkeling gear (if you don’t have your own, they have nice new stuff they provide for you) and towels, then handed a drink of our choice (we taught them how to make a Miami Vice, which everyone then wanted, so I expect they’ll be making more of those in the future).

If you want to be in the shade, you can sit inside the cabin, or in the back where there is a large round table and padded seats. For those who want sun, there are plenty of spots up front, including reclining in the front nets. Very comfy but watch out for the occasional splashing you get when under sail. First stop was swimming with the turtles. A crew member gets in the water with you and feeds the turtles to get them to come close to us. Life jackets are provided and encouraged but not obligatory. The turtles are amazing – very large but so gentle and graceful in the water. You can reach out and touch them, but don’t try to feed them because they can give you a nasty bite if you don’t get your finger out of the way fast enough.

After the turtles, lunch was served. Good thing we were hungry because they lay out quite a spread: chicken, fish, garlic bread, rice, vegetable, 2 types of salad, beans, and dessert. Plus, all the soda, water, rum, etc. you can drink. After lunch, we sailed over to a ship wreck where we snorkeled for about 30 minutes. By the way, there’s a fresh water hose (warm water, too) at the back of the boat where you can wash off the salt water when you get back on the boat. Now it’s time to sail back to the marina, so we all relaxed and drank more Miami Vices. Wow, sailing on a beautiful new catamaran, drinking a foo-foo, watching the beautiful Barbados shoreline. Who could ask for anything more?

Trust me when I say either one would be fantastic. We booked the 1 but ended up we had 15 not 12 so we went on the 2. Tonnes of room. Booking again Jan 06 I don't care which one I get. Honest it was the highlite of the cruise. Take underwater disposable comeras for sure.

John

I agree that I think we would be happy on either one. They both sound great. 12 or 18 people...either one is a small number for a tour. I just didn't know if both were available which one to choose. I didn't know if one was that much nicer than the other or if there was a difference in the tours they do , etc. Just trying to research ahead of time. Thanks! Any/all comments, suggestions, hints, advice, etc. is appreciated.

I am a beer drinker as well and trust me when I say your beer will never get warm. They have a fresh one out when the notice yours near the bottom. Service if 1st class...

Trish I booked the Sea Priness in Jan (14th) due to a 2 week version. Been to some of the ports but I am a sun and beach person so I would go anywhere warm and sunny... Come along.... :eek:

Archived