Silver Moon Catamaran - Great !!!!!

love2cruise4ever

I was on Silver Moon II with John, and neither his beers or my vodka tonics ever got warm/low. At the end of the day they got out the blender and made some fruity rum punch concoction. Yummy! I've been on over 30 cruises and this trip on the Silver Moon is one of the best shore excursions I've done anywhere in the world. A must do!

This is a must if you go to Barbados. We sailed on the Silver Moon I on a gorgeous day last week Tuesday and had a blast. Jason was our captain and gave personal attention to everyone on board. There really isn't anything quite like a cold Banks beer on a Catamaran!! It is worth every penny. If I could change one thing, it would be to spend two days on this island. One day to do the Silver Moon and the next to see see the different sites!

okay.....okay......you guys talked me into it! lol! I'm booked on the Silver Moon for May 4, 2005. The 18 passenger tour is sold out. Don't know how many are booked for the 12 passenger besides us (4). Anybody else booked for that date?? Looking forward to a great time! Thanks for all the information! I plan on posting a review with pix when I get back. Thanks again!!

I just got back from my cruise a couple weeks ago. The Silver Moon is unbelievable! If you are going to BArbados...YOU MUST BOOK IT!! It was wonderful the entire day.; probably one of the best excursions I've ever went on. They were very nice people andthey always made sure that you had everything you needed. Dawn kept us with drinks and was so sweet!! The lunch they had for us very good as well!! We sailed for a while and that was so much fun. This catamaran is very high scale and classy. It was the most re;axing thing I've ever done on vacation. There were only 10 of us on the boat and 3 crew members. What a blast!!

:D

Usually I take a backpack to ports with me...just to keep suntan lotion, camera, etc. Will there be a safe, dry place for my digital camera?? Or should I bring only the underwater camera? I want to bring both, but don't know if that is a good idea. Appreciate any help!

You can take your backpack down below and lots of storage. Washrooms are below as well. Take both cameras. We took 2 underwater and 1 digital. No problem at all.

One tip for you is to take some cookies or similar from the ship prior and put them in your swim trunks when in the water over the wreck. You will be surrounded but all the fish you would ever want to see or photograph.

In our case we take dog bones. They will work just a well.

Whats your intinerary?

This will be your hilite by the way.

Trish will spoil you...

Say hi from the CRUZ DAWGS

Very nice dogs in deed. Have 2 of them and male is in shot of avatar...

Whats your intinerary?

We're on Carnival Destiny.....San Juan, St Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, Aruba, San Juan.

We are soooo looking forward to this....hate the wait!!

Thanks again for the information!!

Thanks for all the great posts. My wife and I are lucky enough to get on this excursion. Just booked it, silvermoon was full but got on silvermoon II. We've done this in Mazatlan on a private catamaran for a number of years and loved it. We can't wait for a tranquil day sailing away. I will be looking for the pina colada recipe. Anyone else going this day?:)

This is a must if you go to Barbados. We sailed on the Silver Moon I on a gorgeous day last week Tuesday and had a blast. Jason was our captain and gave personal attention to everyone on board. There really isn't anything quite like a cold Banks beer on a Catamaran!! It is worth every penny. If I could change one thing, it would be to spend two days on this island. One day to do the Silver Moon and the next to see see the different sites!

We have a group of 8 who are going on the Silver Moon in May. I have a question regarding the drinks onboard. I see that they obviously serve beer and rum concoctions, but do they have most any type of alcoholic drink you would want? Like bourbon, scotch, etc? Or just rum and vodko foo-foo drinks? Also, do they serve any snacks other than just the lunch meal? Thanks to these boards and everyone's input, we are really looking forward to this excursion. It sounds heavenly!:)

Being a beer drinker I had no problem.

Lots of Rum, Vodka, Gin so I assume there would be Rye and Scotch. Won't be a premium but you will enjoy.

NO snacks. Just a very large lunch.

Hope this helps you...

do they serve any snacks other than just the lunch meal?

No snacks that I recall, other than the delicious rum cake dessert. I could only eat a couple of bites though - you won't have to worry about getting hungry - the lunch is more than adequate - extremely generous in fact. And you will have plenty of time for breakfast before you get on board - they don't sail till 10.

I see there are two tours....SM & SMII. One leaves at 10 and returns at 3. The other leaves at 11 and returns at 4. One holds 12 and 1 holds 18 pax. Prices are $95 and $80. Why the price difference? Is it just because of the smaller group on one? Are there any differences in the tour, lunch, etc.???

Thanks.

I have a really dumb question here....I need help dialing international....I am trying to send a fax to book SM but I can't get it to go through. When I dial the number on my fax it gives me a "fast buy signal". What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

(I thought I would ask here because I am guessing that those of you that have already been faxed over your confirmation and could help me.) Thanks!

skiiergirl: I went to the bank and had them fax mine. I waited a couple of days, thinking I'd get a confirmation that I had been booked......didn't hear anything from them. Finally, I called and spoke to them. They told me that I was booked for the tour. Are you trying from a fax machine at home??? I'd go somewhere (like a bank) and have them fax it for you. I think they charged me $2.

Mona...Thanks. I have tried from my house and my office and both places I get the "fast busy signal". I may take it to a bank or someplace else to see if they can do it. I may call the phone company and see if they can tell me if I need to do something differently. Just thought maybe somebody here could tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your info.

Hi All! from reading these threads I am definitely going to book this! I know there are other people going on this from our cruise. Constellation April 9.

How big is the Cat? I acutally used to live on one in Key West(those were the days!)

gourmetgal - book now- this the best cataraman tour I have been on. Very professional.

MOJO- I caled directly and gave my credit card over the phone , in fact I sailed in Feb and just recd the bill on CC.I am not comfortable faxing or internet.

Someone also mentioned a port stop in St Thomas - I sailed High Pockets and we throughly enjoyed our trip. It is tough to pick one boat trip since both island offer something different. This was our first cruise so we did both.:cool:

Archived