Silver Moon Catamaran - Great !!!!!

love2cruise4ever

Help!!

We are on the Serenade of the Seas sailing-Jan 14-21, 2006. We have booked Eli's Eco Tour for Antigua, Cosol's tour of St. Lucia and was wondering what to do in Barbados. The Silver Moon sounds so exciting but in light of booking the other tours (not sure if you see any sea turtles on Eli's tour) is this still a good compliment to our other booked excursions or is there any overlap. Plus the expense of this excursion for 2 adults and 2 teens.

Sounds really neat though!!

Debbie

Is it too early to book the Silver Moon for June 2006? I ask this b/c last year I booked an excursion (St. Maarten) in Nov. for a March cruise. Well, apparently they didn't have the 2005 calendar out yet so they wrote our names down, but forgot to transfer them after the New Year. Just by chance, I was double checking our reservations upon hearing that 9 ships would be docked in St. Maarten. Well...they didn't have the booking, but did have a record (as did I) of our deposit. At that point, the excursion was booked (only a limited number taken). I wasn't a happy camper. They did refund the deposit and graciously gave us coupons for the excursion (good for a year).

I guess what I'm asking...will I have trouble booking in 2005 for a 2006 cruise?

Thanks!!

Robin

Thanks for the response, Debbie! I actually emailed them and Emma got right back to me and said no problem emailing this early. So I asked her to send me the confirmation papers and that I'd fill them out and fax them back! One island down...3 to go :D

We're booked with a group of six on Silver Moon for Oct. 12, 2005. We booked it based on positive feedback from cruisers on this forum. It is also $95/pp. We're really looking forward to it.:D

Six of us just booked the Silver Moon for September 30th. We are cruising on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan on 9/25/05. We thought about booking the Atlantis Submarine, but decided that it probably wasn't worth it. Thanks to all of you, we decided to book the Silver Moon and I'm sure we won't be disappointed. The Silver Moon II is booked for two turtle encounters on that day. Does anyone know if the Silver Moon is air conditioned?

Silver Moon is the way to go. Our trip in July (from Carnival Destiny) was perfect. Exquisite boat, friendly staff, great drinks, amazing lunch of jerked chicken and fresh dolphin, lots of room to just rest and relax and, the highlight, snorkeling with the sea-turtles. At $90 pp, it's a bargain. I felt smug as I watched all those other boats with dozens of people as our group of 10 were treated like royalty.

• 2 weeks later...
Six of us just booked the Silver Moon for September 30th. We are cruising on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan on 9/25/05. We thought about booking the Atlantis Submarine, but decided that it probably wasn't worth it. Thanks to all of you, we decided to book the Silver Moon and I'm sure we won't be disappointed. The Silver Moon II is booked for two turtle encounters on that day. Does anyone know if the Silver Moon is air conditioned?
Both Silvermoon Cats are "open air" My photos of the Silvermoon II http://www.arubabound.com/image/lg/us/zaandam/zaan_smh.htm

• 2 weeks later...

AWESOME excursion!!!! My husband, 9 year old son and I did Silver Moon on August 19th and it was FANTASTIC!!!! This was my 7th cruise vacation and this excursion was definitely the most memorable one that I have booked! The crew was so friendly and outgoing. They treated us like royalty. The boat was beautiful. The lunch was delicious. The snorkeling with the sea turtles and the ship wreck was amazing. The sailing and getting soaked sitting in the front nets was so much fun. If we ever get to Barbados again, I will be booking this again immediately! :D

• 2 weeks later...

The opposite of a cattle car.

Very calm when you board as you look after the finances prior to pulling away. Once that is done you are given drinks. Lots of room and VERY first class. Booked it again this January as my wife said do it for sure...

• 2 weeks later...
I never enjoy excursions as much as I think I will, but this one is tempting. The one thing I worry about is feeling like I'm in a cattle car. Any feedback on that? Did you feel rushed or able to actually relax a little?
This is by far the best shore excursion in all of my 20+ years of cruising. Our day of sailing Barbados

brbdos_slvmoonw.jpg.bf8578bf098660b63fd7b281f71bf0cf.jpg

we will be in barbados for 9 days and while we will have a rental car, we were looking for some unique day excursions. thanks to your posts, we will be going on the silver moon in january. i use these boards not only for our cruises, but also our land tours as well. thanks for the tip.

steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to the carribean this saturday with work, firstly to tobago then i'm off to barbados for 3 nights on Monday.

After seeing all your wonderful comments I am getting really excited about the silver moon cruise that I have now booked for wednesday 2nd november!!!

Any last minute tips would be welcome!

I would also appreciate any reccommendations for other things to do and see in Tobago, Barbados, Kingston Jamaica and Nassau/Paradise Island as I want to take full advantage of my trip!

Hope you are all well!

Pete.

Archived