Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

What are the diamond events on the Radiance? I talked to Crown and Anchor and she didn't know of any. Surely they have some on the 5 day sailing from Tampa?

All--

That's a good question! We have our first 5 day cruise on Radiance coming up in May (San Diego to Vancouver just before the refit.) I assume that the events would be the same as on any cruise. You can find them in the C&A section of the website

I'm sure Patti, who started this thread, will know more but I think she might be on a cruise right now.

Frank in sunny and warm SBA:cool:

Patti hasn't left the building just yet!:D

This was posted on the Main RCI boards on March 12, 2011 that may be of interest Platinum/Diamond top tier event

As far as the D/D+ breakfast........the number of D/D +/Pinnacle Members on board will determine the venue. It can change from cruise to cruise. This also holds true for the Nightly Diamond Event.

Hope this helps.:)

I agree. I gave the bartender an odd look when he told me that, as the current CL (granted small for a CL) still seemed to be too large for a JS. Family suite would make more sense, and location is right for one also.

Had asked before, but still not sure.....will the new Diamond lounge be enclosed, or just an open area of the Viking lounge opposite the CL side?

I was told a few days ago by a bartender - haha - that the diamond lounge will be an enclosed area.

Same bartender told me the dry dock has been switched to Vancouver which I know is not true. Vancouver drydock can't accommodate that large a ship.

Gina

For the record - there is no more birthday present given on board. In the past, those who had their true birthday on board had the option of a free phone call, free internet time, or a picture with an officer. This only happened when Santiago was the guest services manager.

Gina

For the record - there is no more birthday present given on board. In the past, those who had their true birthday on board had the option of a free phone call, free internet time, or a picture with an officer. This only happened when Santiago was the guest services manager.

Gina

Really???? :eek: Do you know how many times I have cruised on my birthday on Radiance when Santiago was the GSM and I never received a "special" birthday gift.:(

Really???? :eek: Do you know how many times I have cruised on my birthday on Radiance when Santiago was the GSM and I never received a "special" birthday gift.:(

I have heard of people who got a card in their room offering the choice. Maybe other factors are involved - like delivery. I didn't get a very special invitation on AD last Dec. either.

I was told a few days ago by a bartender - haha - that the diamond lounge will be an enclosed area.

Same bartender told me the dry dock has been switched to Vancouver which I know is not true. Vancouver drydock can't accommodate that large a ship.

Gina

Yup...that makes sense too! Just gotta love those bartenders! ;)

Love your new Avatar pic!! :D

Hello all:

Is anyone recently off Radiance that might know if there are still lounge chairs on the larger balconies. We have 9256 corner aft in 2 weeks and are looking forward to the balcony and lounge chairs but there is another thread talking about RCCL taking the lounge chairs off the balconies.

Thanks

Tiredol6

I'm interested in this, too. We will be in an aft facing cabin in September. We are in a hump cabin with a larger than usual balcony in May. I'll report back then. In the past we've not had trouble requesting one in for the hump cabin. Two wouldn't fit unless you took the table and the chairs away.

Hello all:

Is anyone recently off Radiance that might know if there are still lounge chairs on the larger balconies. We have 9256 corner aft in 2 weeks and are looking forward to the balcony and lounge chairs but there is another thread talking about RCCL taking the lounge chairs off the balconies.

Thanks

Tiredol6

While not very recent, here is a pic of aft balcony 9568 and it had two lounge chairs.

2343693020046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

We just came off of the Radiance on Monday and our balcony did not have a lounger. However, I asked our room steward and he brought us one (that is all I asked for). I noticed that he had two lounge chairs for the cabin next door to us--he just dropped our lounger off first.

These were the plastic strap lounge chairs with the metal frame. But I put a towel over it and it was fine. I did tip our room steward extra. He was very good--brought everything we asked for and remembered to bring robes, etc. without us having to ask.

We just came off of the Radiance on Monday and our balcony did not have a lounger. However, I asked our room steward and he brought us one (that is all I asked for). I noticed that he had two lounge chairs for the cabin next door to us--he just dropped our lounger off first.

These were the plastic strap lounge chairs with the metal frame. But I put a towel over it and it was fine. I did tip our room steward extra. He was very good--brought everything we asked for and remembered to bring robes, etc. without us having to ask.

Cabin number and location would be helpful in this discussion. :) Most regular balconies cannot accomodate a lounger. Thanks. :D

All--

That's a good question! We have our first 5 day cruise on Radiance coming up in May (San Diego to Vancouver just before the refit.) I assume that the events would be the same as on any cruise. You can find them in the C&A section of the website.

When we did the Mexican Riviera last year (10 night) the evening event was in the Hollywood Odyssey and breakfast was in Portofino. Diamond Plus had access to the Hollywood Odyssey or the Concierge Lounge.

All of this will change, of course, after the refit.

I'm sure Patti, who started this thread, will know more but I think she might be on a cruise right now.

Going on the San Diego to Vancouver in May . Can't find a thread on that cruise? is there one?

Here's the link to the first page of the Roll Call for this 5 night cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1266353

There is no formal M&M -- RCL doesn't do them for cruises under 7 nights -- but an informal one has been set up for the first sea day.

We'll see you there!

Frank in overcast and cool SBA:cool:

I found a great picture of the back of the Radiance on pg 7 of this thread.

Does anyone know if there is a similar picture of the front somewhere in this thread?

Reason I am asking, we just booked the 4 day and are assigned to staterooms 7000 and 7006. Both supposed to be Oceanview, but it seems like i will be looking at the helipad instead of the ocean..???

Just wondering if anyone here has any photos of the balconies on the larger hump cabins on either side of the elevators? Have you stayed in these before?

As these appear to be large balconies, will we be able to fit two loungers in there and / or a set of table & chairs?

Thanks for your help :)

Just wondering if anyone here has any photos of the balconies on the larger hump cabins on either side of the elevators? Have you stayed in these before?

As these appear to be large balconies, will we be able to fit two loungers in there and / or a set of table & chairs?

Thanks for your help :)

Here are a couple of pictures of 8102, next to the elevators on deck 8. These are actually taken on the Jewel but the cabin on the Radiance is the same.

IMG_5682.JPG

IMG_5683.JPG

The balcony is huge! It was a great cabin.

Here are a couple of pictures of 8102, next to the elevators on deck 8. These are actually taken on the Jewel but the cabin on the Radiance is the same.

IMG_5682.JPG

IMG_5683.JPG

great pics. i will be in 8102 next week will post pic when i get back. cant wait

Wow Amy, thank you for the photos! Looks like an amazing balcony! Did you find that the balcony was too dark? I have read on CC that some describe these large balcony cabins on either side of the elevators as a "cave". Thanks again, much appreciated!! :)

Wow Amy, thank you for the photos! Looks like an amazing balcony! Did you find that the balcony was too dark? I have read on CC that some describe these large balcony cabins on either side of the elevators as a "cave". Thanks again, much appreciated!! :)

I was in that cabin on a Scandinavia/Russia cruise so I wasn't really there for the sun. Also, because of the temps I didn't just lie on the lounges to read, so it was kinda wasted for that trip, although I did invite family & friends to come for cocktails and scenery when we were sailing into Stockholm and it was great to have all the room. If you're looking for a sunny balcony, this isn't it, especially since the deck 9 cabins stick out farther than deck 8. I'm always looking to get out of the sun so it was great for me. :)

Hi everyone!

Can anyone tell me if the Diamond Plus coupon book on the 5 night cruises has the two for one coupon for Chops and Portofinos on the first night?

Thanks!

Yes, it does! We were on a five night cruise just two weeks ago and the BOGO coupon was there.

Archived