Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

We had an aft on Jewel for the partial transit last year.....getting that view of the locks is really something!

Pic by OH

46017_10150249330765352_617355351_14210964_8008828_n.jpg

Thanks for the great pic I'm sooo looking forward to that view.

Sheila...

Rosie and I did the Panama Canal in an aft cabin on Radiance in October of 2008, it was fabulous!

The day you get on the ship in San Diego we will be getting off, from the Alaska repo cruise. I'll try to keep the ship clean for you....;)

BILL

Thanks for that Bill. I do appreciate cleanliness.;) Are you staying over in SD or going right to the airport?

If you can grab cabin 1100, you will NOT be disappointed. There is no more motion in the aft of the ship than in other parts of the ship. I have stayed in all parts of the ship on deck 10 and never felt anything out of the ordinary.

BILL

1602, the other aft JS, is also a terrific choice IMHO. I do think, however, that there is more motion on the stern of the ship than there is midships. It's never really bothered me, but I have noticed it in less tranquil waters.

Thanks for the great pic I'm sooo looking forward to that view.

Thanks for that Bill. I do appreciate cleanliness.;) Are you staying over in SD or going right to the airport?

Going to the airport for a noon flight back to the start of FALL in Wisconsin followed by SNOW and ICE!

BILL

1602, the other aft JS, is also a terrific choice IMHO. I do think, however, that there is more motion on the stern of the ship than there is midships. It's never really bothered me, but I have noticed it in less tranquil waters.

Yes, I agree 100%, 1602 is also a great JS cabin with a huge 12 X 14 foot balcony!

BILL

Hi everyone,

Well do I have the MOST EXCITING news to share with you all.....I'm just a LITTLE excited, in case you had not noticed....

I have booked and paid the deposit for our very first cruise on the Radiance of the Seas and would you believe I have managed to get a Junior Suite, Room No. 1100 - I just cant believe it.....

Now for counting down the time, (I know you are not meant to wish your life away, and I'm not, but......) savingslots of money to pay off our cruise and do as much "research" as I can on what looks like an absolutely beautiful ship......

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Thank you all so very much for all your assistance and photos, and I simply cannot wait - oh, the itinerary also looks just wonderful 12 days in the South Pacific visiting the islands of Vanuatu - January 2012 - I believe it's only something like 500 days away!!!!

Any other advice, tips etc at any time would be really appreciated - thanks again.

Vicki.

Hi everyone,

Well do I have the MOST EXCITING news to share with you all.....I'm just a LITTLE excited, in case you had not noticed....

I have booked and paid the deposit for our very first cruise on the Radiance of the Seas and would you believe I have managed to get a Junior Suite, Room No. 1100 - I just cant believe it.....

Now for counting down the time, (I know you are not meant to wish your life away, and I'm not, but......) savingslots of money to pay off our cruise and do as much "research" as I can on what looks like an absolutely beautiful ship......

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Thank you all so very much for all your assistance and photos, and I simply cannot wait - oh, the itinerary also looks just wonderful 12 days in the South Pacific visiting the islands of Vanuatu - January 2012 - I believe it's only something like 500 days away!!!!

Any other advice, tips etc at any time would be really appreciated - thanks again.

Vicki.

Hi Vicki and congratulations on snagging one of the most sought after aft cabins. Here are some photos of cabin 1100 on Radiance of the Seas that I, once again, borrowed from my dear friend critterchick.

Hi Patti,

Thank you very much for the link to the wonderful photos of our cabin - it looks absolutely amazing. It just builds the excitement for me.

Also a big thanks to Critterchick for posting these photos for everyone to enjoy.

As I mentioned before my hubbie and I have not cruised on Royal Caribbean before so it's all going to a new adventure for us - wow, I just cant wait.......

Vicki.

Hi Patti,

Thank you very much for the link to the wonderful photos of our cabin - it looks absolutely amazing. It just builds the excitement for me.

Also a big thanks to Critterchick for posting these photos for everyone to enjoy.

As I mentioned before my hubbie and I have not cruised on Royal Caribbean before so it's all going to a new adventure for us - wow, I just cant wait.......

Vicki.

I think you will be very happy with your choice of both cabin and ship. The time will fly an it will be here before you know it.

I hope someone can help me sort this out...

We are departing on August 27 for our Alaska cruise. We have arranged our own air travel to Vancouver and our flight arrives at 10:30am. We are planning to take the Sky Train from the airport to Canada Place, and once there we will be meeting a friend of mine for lunch before we board the ship.

My questions:

1. Will we be able to check in our bags at the pier before we board (so we don't have to bring luggage to lunch with us)? If so, what steps do we need to take?

2. Is there an option to have our luggage transported directly from the airport to the ship? (keep in mind we arranged our own air travel)

thanks!

would you believe I have managed to get a Junior Suite, Room No. 1100 - I just cant believe it.....

I believe it's only something like 500 days away!!!!

Vicki.

That is exciting Vicki, congratulations! And btw, the bedding has been updated since those photos were taken and is quite nice. I booked #1100 about 543 days away from our sailing and it is definitely worth the wait. ;) P.S. (You may want to have 'no upgrade' noted on your booking so you secure this stateroom).

I hope someone can help me sort this out...

We are departing on August 27 for our Alaska cruise. We have arranged our own air travel to Vancouver and our flight arrives at 10:30am. We are planning to take the Sky Train from the airport to Canada Place, and once there we will be meeting a friend of mine for lunch before we board the ship.

My questions:

1. Will we be able to check in our bags at the pier before we board (so we don't have to bring luggage to lunch with us)? If so, what steps do we need to take?

2. Is there an option to have our luggage transported directly from the airport to the ship? (keep in mind we arranged our own air travel)

thanks!

Your best bet is to do what you are doing and take the train to Canada Place. Boarding will begin as soon as all disembarking pax are gone. Could start as early at 11-11:30.

I would suggest that you check your bags with the porters on the pier and then, if the line is not long, go inside and check in so that you will get your SeaPass cards and have that taken care of.

Then you can leave to meet your friend, have lunch and return to the ship where before you board you will have to have your picture taken.

Going to the airport for a noon flight back to the start of FALL in Wisconsin followed by SNOW and ICE!

BILL

Oh drat!!!!! thought we might get a chance to have a coffee somewhere.

Hi everyone,

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Vicki.

Congrats, you wont be disappointed. Please do as has been suggested and have "No Upgrade" put on your reservation.

Hi all,

Thank you for your suggestion of placing a "no upgrade" on our cabin.

Can I do that online, I have had a very quick look but was unsure where to go, or should I call our local Royal Caribbean office??

Thanks again for all your wonderful photos, help and suggestions. You really are a great bunch of people and very helpful.

Vicki.

According to Customer Servicer and the D+ desk the Radiance is going into dry dock after it arrives in San Diego on May 15.

We are booked for the Ultimate Alaska May 15 from San Diego to Vancouver. This cruise has dropped out of sight entirely.

Does anyone have a concrete info on this? :confused:

I'm kind of ticked about this. Our Serenade cruise in 2009 was chartered out, and we've been redeployed on 4 other cruises due to the Mariner leaving the west coast.:(

According to Customer Servicer and the D+ desk the Radiance is going into dry dock after it arrives in San Diego on May 15.

We are booked for the Ultimate Alaska May 15 from San Diego to Vancouver. This cruise has dropped out of sight entirely.

I'm kind of ticked about this. Our Serenade cruise in 2009 was chartered out, and we've been redeployed on 4 other cruises due to the Mariner leaving the west coast.:(

WOW.......I have not heard anything about this. Please let us know if you hear anything else Nancy.

I've been reading your roll call and there is dry dock facilities in San Francisco.

Hi all!

I am working on booking our first cruise, and there are so many options, features and ships! The Radiance sounds great and it my number one pick. I'm looking at the cozumel cruise in march 2011.

One thing i cant find is if Radiance has an adult only pool area.

Also are there "gangs" of un-parented children running free? I've heard some horror stories in general, and want this experience to be the absolute best and first of many!

Hi all!

I am working on booking our first cruise, and there are so many options, features and ships! The Radiance sounds great and it my number one pick. I'm looking at the cozumel cruise in march 2011.

Also are there "gangs" of un-parented children running free? I've heard some horror stories in general, and want this experience to be the absolute best and first of many!

Yes, there is the Solarium, which is 16 or older only. I don't know about gangs of kids on Radiance but we were just on Enchantment and didn't notice anything of the sort.

We'll be on the same cruise but in January!

Hi all!

There are family times in the Solarium on Radiance.

37990_10150247431135352_617355351_14150255_2610712_n.jpg

Yes, there is the Solarium, which is 16 or older only. I don't know about gangs of kids on Radiance but we were just on Enchantment and didn't notice anything of the sort.

We'll be on the same cruise but in January!

The Solarium and its pool are adults only except for a limited number of hours during the day if weather conditions make it uncomfortable for younger passengers and their families to use the outdoor pool. Have never experience "gangs" of kids on Radiance or any other RCI ship but have read some reports of security dealing pretty effectively with kids just hanging in the stairwells or hallways or elevators and enforcing the curfew which is cited during the Captain's remarks during muster.

Your experience on Enchantment was more the rule than the exception and the OP shouldn't be concerned about possible problems on Radiance or any other RCI ship.

I have spent the last 3 weeks comparing Alaska cruise's, itineraries, land packages, cabins, etc... and starting to look forward to our first cruise. I was planning a cruise/tour package to Alaska for May 2011. But it looks like I need to come up with alternative plans for our 25th anniversary. :(

Your best bet is to do what you are doing and take the train to Canada Place. Boarding will begin as soon as all disembarking pax are gone. Could start as early at 11-11:30.

I would suggest that you check your bags with the porters on the pier and then, if the line is not long, go inside and check in so that you will get your SeaPass cards and have that taken care of.

Then you can leave to meet your friend, have lunch and return to the ship where before you board you will have to have your picture taken.

If u have already recvd your SeaPass cards haven't u already had your picture taken?

If u are referring to the photographer waiting as folks walk onto the ship that is not mandatory - u can simply avoid that if u wish..

like to know if this is true regarding dry dock for the Rad.. in May/2011 and does anyone know what wld be done during same if it is true?

Thanks in advance for any info..:)

Archived