Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

We are walking over to check her out later today! See what she looks like from the dock!:D

No sun yet but they said it was coming when the clouds burn off. So we are not raining on her parade

We were thinking about going down to watch her sailaway but with the Stanley Cup games it will be way to busy downtown. I think we will wait a few weeks to see her.

Rose

How do you ask for a day pass? I didn't think you were able to go on the ships.

I don't think you can. In order to get on while in port, you'd have to be part of a special pre-arranged group. I was just hoping someone would push their luck and beg! :p

Gina

Of course the revitalization can not be considered complete until they revise the deck plans on their website. Checked it a few minutes ago and the Breakers Dinning Room was still in place along with the CL. Guess I need to make an inspection in person.

Here's the revised deck plans ...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=11&shipCode=RD&shipProfile=1468&sailDate=1120504&hasNavigation=false

Thanks so much. It's interesting to see where the Diamond Club is actually located. Not where we thought it was going to be.........but I think in a much better location now.

Did they forget to include the Park Cafe? I'm not seeing it.

Did they forget to include the Park Cafe? I'm not seeing it.

I noticed that too ... but I think one of those Revitalization Videos showed it. I plan on putting the Park Cafe to good use too.:D

When I get back from from our cruise, I'll post a link to all the pictures and videos I take. And it'll be alot.:)

Thanks Gary for posting the new deck plan. It's great to see where all the new places are located. I like that RCI has put 2 new restaurants outside the Windjammer but there is still plenty of outside seating in the back. Those sofas outside the WJ doors were comfortable but not easy to eat from. Plus it was really breezy every time the doors opened.

I also noticed they moved the Starquest dance floor over to the right hand side of the Viking Crown Lounge. And you can enter the Diamond Lounge as you leave the elevator and go to the left.

I just called RCI and there are 3 singles cabins (4583,4585,4587) Deck 4, next to outside cabins where the private Breakers Dining Room used to be. The singles are not available for booking yet but should be in the next 10 days.

Alan

Thanks Gary for posting the new deck plan.

I just called RCI and there are 3 singles cabins (4583,4585,4587) Deck 4, next to outside cabins where the private Breakers Dining Room used to be. The singles are not available for booking yet but should be in the next 10 days.

Alan

You're quite welcome Alan.:D

Those three single cabins are on the new deck plans ... one of the first things I noticed.

I think the dance floor is in the same location in the VCL. The round area under the words "starquest" appear to me to be the same seating area they had over there with the revolving bar in the same location as always.

The surprise is that the DL is on the opposite side of where we all seemed to think they had described it. I thought it would be to the right after walking up the stairs. Not to the left after getting out of the elevator.

And good luck to them if they think they will be able to have the repeat cruiser's party in the smaller colony club. It was standing room only is it was.

They sure squeezed a lot of rooms into Breakers.

Gina

I think the dance floor is in the same location in the VCL. The round area under the words "starquest" appear to me to be the same seating area they had over there with the revolving bar in the same location as always.

The surprise is that the DL is on the opposite side of where we all seemed to think they had described it. I thought it would be to the right after walking up the stairs. Not to the left after getting out of the elevator.

And good luck to them if they think they will be able to have the repeat cruiser's party in the smaller colony club. It was standing room only is it was.

They sure squeezed a lot of rooms into Breakers.

Gina

I have the 2011-2012 World Wide Cruise brochure here that has the old deck plans and the size of the Colony Club in my brochure is the same size as what is being shown on the new deck plans.

I have the 2011-2012 World Wide Cruise brochure here that has the old deck plans and the size of the Colony Club in my brochure is the same size as what is being shown on the new deck plans.

It appears to me that there is a long wall now in the Colony Club that blocks off what used to be seating behind the railing. There has to be an entrance to the Chef's Table that doesn't walk right through events in the Colony Club and I believe a wall has been put up where the rail was.

Someone will show us soon.

Gina

It appears to me that there is a long wall now in the Colony Club that blocks off what used to be seating behind the railing. There has to be an entrance to the Chef's Table that doesn't walk right through events in the Colony Club and I believe a wall has been put up where the rail was.

Someone will show us soon.

Gina

Everything from when you walk past the Bombay Billiard Club toward the aft is the same on the new deck plans when compared to the old ones that I have in front of me. All they did was rename some areas.

I have a feeling that the entrance to the Chef's Table is going to be located right across from where the Jakarta Lounge begins because there was a door way there before for staff & crew.

I have a friend boarding today...........and she promised to take pictures.

Everything from when you walk past the Bombay Billiard Club toward the aft is the same on the new deck plans when compared to the old ones that I have in front of me. All they did was rename some areas.

I have a feeling that the entrance to the Chef's Table is going to be located right across from where the Jakarta Lounge begins because there was a door way there before for staff & crew.

I have a friend boarding today...........and she promised to take pictures.

I really hope you are right. I do remember that door because that's the way the officers had been sneaking in and out for those repeat cruiser parties lately. Remember how they used to stand all lined up in the back? They switched to going in and out that door to line up in the front.

Oh good! I was hoping someone on the first cruise would get us some really good finished pictures. Now is when an iphone cruise critic app with photo upload capabilities would come in handy. :p

Gina

I really hope you are right. I do remember that door because that's the way the officers had been sneaking in and out for those repeat cruiser parties lately. Remember how they used to stand all lined up in the back? They switched to going in and out that door to line up in the front.

Oh good! I was hoping someone on the first cruise would get us some really good finished pictures. Now is when an iphone cruise critic app with photo upload capabilities would come in handy. :p

Gina

Ah yes, the "get away quick" door!:D

Wow! Thanks! I really do like the location of The DL. I was one of many that thought it would be on the other side. I like the change and can't wait to check it out next year! :)

Wow! Thanks! I really do like the location of The DL. I was one of many that thought it would be on the other side. I like the change and can't wait to check it out next year! :)

Same here, except I anticipate checking it out in September. can't come soon enough.

I like the App Shipmate It is cruiseline specific and ship specific and allows you many options.

That's a good one Sheila.

I really like it, too. It wasn't as good when it was first released but at least it was still free for iPhone. I wish I had gotten all of them when they were free but I only got 4 cruise lines. I understand it's still being offered for free to droid users. Anyone with a droid ought to grab them all while they can. I bet they start charging for them one day, too.

Shipmate offers a lot more info now. And many of the features work off line. It's nice to be able to check all the ports and times whenever you want even if you are in airplane mode with no wifi access.

Gina

HU, It really is very exciting. Originally there was talk about something mid ship being turned into another family suite. I cannot open the deck plans, so can someone let me know if this happened.

Thanks

Raina:D

Yep, it's there. Cabin 1054, I believe.

I understand Gina's earlier comment. My understanding is that Chef's Table has taken the space that was the Card Room. While it's not technically part of the Colony Club it often served as "overflow" space since there was no physical separation.

From the deck plans and the videos it appears that there won't be access to the aft, outdoor seating area when Izumi and Rita's are open. Perhaps that will be true in the morning.

I'm not clear about the Diamond Club, either. From the pictures (I'm sorry I don't have the link. Patti?) it looks fairly small.

The Deck Plans appear to be a work in progress. They don't show the Park Cafe and the descriptive text still mentions Portofino.

Frank in still overcast at 5:45PM SBA:cool::(

Archived