Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Question...........for those that have stayed in a GS on Radiance............please describe the bathroom.

In a JS cabin in the bathroom there is a bathtub with a shower curtain, a single sink, cabinets with shelves on both sides of the mirror and a shelf underneath the sink, a towel rack above the toliet with ample towels and for hanging a toiletry bag and enough room to towel off without having to open the door.

Keep the ship in good shape...we will be boarding on October 26, 2008! Enjoy Hawaii!

BILL

Bill I promise to keep her in tip top shape. I also can not wait for our friends to walk on board for their very 1st cruise and see what the Radiance Class looks like, they will be amazed.

Our Oct 11 2008 hawaii Cruise will be our first Superior Ocean View # 9056, anyone with a comment.

Gay So Calif

Bill I promise to keep her in tip top shape. I also can not wait for our friends to walk on board for their very 1st cruise and see what the Radiance Class looks like, they will be amazed.

Our Oct 11 2008 hawaii Cruise will be our first Superior Ocean View # 9056, anyone with a comment.

Gay So Calif

Have not stayed in this particular cabin category (D1), but have seen them on numerous cabin crawls. You will enjoy the room.

realent, we have 7674. I'm sure it's alot like yours. This will be our first aft.

You will LOVE your cabin. It was our first aft as well. The sights and sounds off your balcony are lovely! Where and when are you sailing her?

Nancy

Flo was our favorite last April. He became my adopted son as well as being adopted by Dianne. His mom should be very proud of him. Just loved all those Romanian questions.

Simon is still there, but Kieron will be on vacation for our September Member's cruise.:(

I wonder who will be on in November but it is probably to early to tell. I know Flo said he was due to go home for a bit soon but can't remember when.

A bunch of us stayed up *very* late in the disco several nights. One night about 50 of the crew/entertainers came up for their night out and we all had such a blast with them. They sure let their hair down for the night. We all danced and laughed the night away!

Thanks to all for your observations and input on the Radiance. My wife and I will be aboard 02/10/08 for the first time.

Anyone that has sailed recently-is there a Murder Mystery Dinner onboard?

Yes there is. On our 14 day PC cruise, there were two. On a 7 night there is one and I suggest that you sign up early, as it fills up fast.

Hey y'all :D

I see some familiar faces here :p

I have a question that I know you guys can answer for me. There has been a little discussion on our Radiance Hawaii roll call about the proper dress for the specialty restaurants Chops and Portofino.

The Royal Caribbean web site FAQ says smart casual... and formal on the formal nights. There are some who say anything goes except shorts, jeans and bathing suits....on any night. One person plans to eat at Chops on formal night because they don't want to dress up. Will they feel out of place?

It has been suggested that corporate requests/suggests dress codes but the ships decide if they will be enforced. Is this true for Radiance?

My previous experience on other RCI ships has been a little different from what they are saying about Radiance. Have things changed?

Thanks! :)

I have a question that I know you guys can answer for me. There has been a little discussion on our Radiance Hawaii roll call about the proper dress for the specialty restaurants Chops and Portofino.

The Royal Caribbean web site FAQ says smart casual... and formal on the formal nights. There are some who say anything goes except shorts, jeans and bathing suits....on any night. One person plans to eat at Chops on formal night because they don't want to dress up. Will they feel out of place?

It has been suggested that corporate requests/suggests dress codes but the ships decide if they will be enforced. Is this true for Radiance?

My previous experience on other RCI ships has been a little different from what they are saying about Radiance. Have things changed?

We went to Chops on formal night and because it was a birthday celebration as well, most of us dress formal but my feeling is that smart casual is perfectly acceptable in Chops any night, especially considering your itinerary to Hawaii. That tends to be a less *formal* cruise anyway. Even the crew wears aloha wear! Have a wonderful cruise.

Char, on our April PC cruise, we did eat in Portofino's. The dress was between casual to smart casual (some gentlemen had jackets others did not) We've also eaten in there on formal nights. When we asked when making the reservation we were told that all Specialty Restaurants are smart casual on any given night. We did however, see folks dressed both ways on formal night when we dined in the Specialty Restaurant. No, if one does not want to dress formally and dines in either Chops or Portifino's on formal night, they will not look out of place.

On our Hawaii cruise last September, it was very casual the whole cruise, except for the three formal nights. Otherwise all other nights, the DR staff wore Hawaiian shirts.

From our own experience on Radiance, we have seen just about everything in the DR. We personally try to dress appropriately (my husband in nice slacks and a nice shirt.........I will wear nice slacks and a top). I have never seen them turn anyone away from the DR when they are in jeans or shorts. They just kind of turn and look the other way.

I really believe it depends on the itinerary and where you are sailing. I am sure that sailing over in the Baltic's or in the Med, the dress would be more formal and dressy. The Caribbean, Hawaiian, PC and Alaska itineraries are a little more relaxed.

How do you sign up for the murder myster dinner?

Do they even have one even now, going to Alaska? Or just certain sailings?

They are usually on every sailing and they are held in Portofino's. My suggestion is that as soon as you board, visit Portofino's and sign up as soon as you can.

Have not stayed in this particular cabin category (D1), but have seen them on numerous cabin crawls. You will enjoy the room.

Jim & Patti, the mistake I made on our lst cruise with the Sun Princess, was not checking for a larger room. The Sun Princess is a lovely ship, but those Balcony rooms, 179 sq ft incl. balcony are not recommended unless you go twin beds. Made the mistake of switching to queen and we both couldn't go by end of bed at sametime and neither one of us are large.

Gay

Jim & Patti, the mistake I made on our lst cruise with the Sun Princess, was not checking for a larger room. The Sun Princess is a lovely ship, but those Balcony rooms, 179 sq ft incl. balcony are not recommended unless you go twin beds. Made the mistake of switching to queen and we both couldn't go by end of bed at sametime and neither one of us are large.

Gay

Our very first Princess cruise was on the Dawn. A lovely ship, but we had no idea that their cabins were no where near what we had on Monarch, our first RCI cruise. Hubby had to open the bathroom door, just to towel off on Princess.:o

Thanks y'all :)

Looks like the trend is toward more casual and less formal dress in the dining venues. Nothing stays the same...old cruising traditions are changing with the times.

They are usually on every sailing and they are held in Portofino's. My suggestion is that as soon as you board, visit Portofino's and sign up as soon as you can.

Thank you, we will check it out as soon as we board.

Question...........for those that have stayed in a GS on Radiance............please describe the bathroom.

In a JS cabin in the bathroom there is a bathtub with a shower curtain, a single sink, cabinets with shelves on both sides of the mirror and a shelf underneath the sink, a towel rack above the toliet with ample towels and for hanging a toiletry bag and enough room to towel off without having to open the door.

Patti...

I believe Brilliance and Radiance are very similar in layout...This is the bathroom on the Brilliance in a GS on the hump...

Two sinks in the marble floored bathroom

1254099062042131291S500x500Q85.jpg

A full size tub with shower

2845215640080875955S500x500Q85.jpg

I am guessing, but I think the open space in the bathroom is about 5' X 6'...more than enough space for two people to get ready at one time.

Hope this helps!

BILL

How do you sign up for the murder myster dinner?

Do they even have one even now, going to Alaska? Or just certain sailings?

Yeppers ... they have the Murder Mystery on the Alaska run. When you get into your stateroom, just call down to Portofino's and sign up over the phone. No muss, no fuss ... :)

I made ressies for both Portofino's and Chops the first day we were on board ... for later in the week. All this by phone ...

Why do I love the Radiance OTS? Let me count the ways......:)

We sailed on the Radiance last fall from Los Angeles, through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale. The ship is elegant and lively at the same time. Capt. Rune Loekling is the best captain I've ever sailed with. The crew loves him and it shows through to the pax.

(Patti, maybe you remember Capt Rune drawing a whipped cream smiley face on me at the cooking demo?)

Anyway, we're sailing again on the Radiance to Hawaii on Sep 28. I hope Capt Rune is there but am afraid he will be commanding another ship. Still, it continues to be our favorite ship. This time we'll be in a mid ship Jr Suite. I can't wait. Also, for the first time we sail as Diamond!!!!:p

Why do I love the Radiance OTS? Let me count the ways......:)

We sailed on the Radiance last fall from Los Angeles, through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale. The ship is elegant and lively at the same time. Capt. Rune Loekling is the best captain I've ever sailed with. The crew loves him and it shows through to the pax.

(Patti, maybe you remember Capt Rune drawing a whipped cream smiley face on me at the cooking demo?)

Anyway, we're sailing again on the Radiance to Hawaii on Sep 28. I hope Capt Rune is there but am afraid he will be commanding another ship. Still, it continues to be our favorite ship. This time we'll be in a mid ship Jr Suite. I can't wait. Also, for the first time we sail as Diamond!!!!:p

Hi Nancy......yes I do remember Capt. Rune drawing that smiley face on you with the whipped cream. I have to say you were a real sport......but who couldn't be around him.

Capt. Trym will be back on around August 29 when Capt. Rune leaves for vacation. I have heard the rumor that he might be going to another ship. You will love Capt. Trym though. He was our Captain this past April when we did the PC westbound, and though he isn't as Hurdy Gurdy.........he is still very personable with the pax and very outgoing. You will see him a lot having lunch in the WJ. His wife, Chantal, is the WJ Manager and she is also a lovely and outgoing person.

We will be doing the Member's cruise on September 14, so we shall be getting off and you will be getting on. The Hawaii cruise is wonderful having done it last September.....I know you will have a wonderful cruise.

Archived