Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

OH, I so agree. Radiance was by far my favorite ship we've been on.

What really made her special was the staff. Every single staff member from the stateroom attendant, waiters, cruise director's staff, bartenders were excellent. They really seemed to enjoy their jobs and that made for a great atmosphere to cruise.

Hi

We are doing our very 1st Radiance class cruise on 12/16/2006

I have always admired this class of ship and we finally get to sail her.

We booked thru a TA w/ Group space and I'm glad we did it several months ago because the rates have gone thru the roof on our sailing. (must be because it is a pre-christmas sailing that is filling up).

My TA said she still is holding a few cabins at the original lower prices if anyone else is interested. I think you could literally save hundreds of $$$!

If any one is interested drop me a line at: mark46@mchsi.com and I will let you know who to contact

Anyone have any experience with the kids programs on the Radiance? We were just on the Mariner a few weeks ago and I just convinced my DH to book another cruise either February school vacation week or mid June '08. Our 16 yr old DS loved the Mariner but I am concerned that the Radiance might not have as much to keep him occupied. Any information would be appreciated, I did look for a rollcall but there were only 5 posts in the thread for the February cruise we are considering.

Hi

We are doing our very 1st Radiance class cruise on 12/16/2006

I have always admired this class of ship and we finally get to sail her.

We booked thru a TA w/ Group space and I'm glad we did it several months ago because the rates have gone thru the roof on our sailing. (must be because it is a pre-christmas sailing that is filling up).

My TA said she still is holding a few cabins at the original lower prices if anyone else is interested. I think you could literally save hundreds of $$$!

If any one is interested drop me a line at: mark46@mchsi.com and I will let you know who to contact

Mark, I hate to tell you but the ship sailed without you!!

;)

Anyone have any experience with the kids programs on the Radiance? We were just on the Mariner a few weeks ago and I just convinced my DH to book another cruise either February school vacation week or mid June '08. Our 16 yr old DS loved the Mariner but I am concerned that the Radiance might not have as much to keep him occupied. Any information would be appreciated, I did look for a rollcall but there were only 5 posts in the thread for the February cruise we are considering.

Having a son who is going to be 30 this year and certainly doesn't qualify, but having sailed on Radiance 7 times to date...........I can tell you that the Adventure's Ocean program is wonderful. We have heard this from all parents while on board. They keep the kids so busy, that sometimes the kids don't want to leave.

I especially enjoy the "pirate walk", where they dress them up as pirates and them parade them all through the ship, even in the theater.

Keep at that roll call of yours. Sometimes one roll call will take longer to get going than others.

Thanks y'all :)

Looks like the trend is toward more casual and less formal dress in the dining venues. Nothing stays the same...old cruising traditions are changing with the times.

Char - we often eat in the alternative dining venues - some are dressed 'to the nines' and others just smart casual. Most people do make an effort to look nice though!! Sign of the times - we just go with the flow - but do our own thing when it comes to dressing up!! We like to try to look smart all the time - don't really take too much notice of others!!

Mark42 didn't miss the ship -- he is really going 2007 -- 12/16 -- so am I on that one with the family. That's the week before Christmas & this cruise is only 6 nights, so it's back to FLL on 22nd -- everyone can be home for Santa!! We have some good ports: Key West, Coz, Grand Cayman & Jamaica plus 1 sea day at end!! Our roll call is fairly large, but we're always looking for MORE!!!

FOR "reallyitsmema": Radiance Class has a few less "places/things" than Voyager class: it does NOT HAVE ice rink, roller skating up top, parades down the mid-ship "street" and more limited shopping, 2 level dining room, Johnny Rockets replaced with Seaview Cafe -- Radiance class does have 2 self-leveling pool tables that the 16 yr old fellow might enjoy!

Patti....You are always "Radiant" with that beautiful personality of yours....but you really should come along with us and let Jim "Serenade" you!

Dont' have time to read your whole thread...but just had to say "Howdy y'all".

Hugs to you and LJ!

Love ya gf!

FOR "reallyitsmema": Radiance Class has a few less "places/things" than Voyager class: it does NOT HAVE ice rink, roller skating up top, parades down the mid-ship "street" and more limited shopping, 2 level dining room, Johnny Rockets replaced with Seaview Cafe -- Radiance class does have 2 self-leveling pool tables that the 16 yr old fellow might enjoy!

Thanks for the information, we knew that there were four places we could find our son on the Mariner, the living room, fuel, basketball court or cafe promenade. I looked at a lot of people's pictures last night (thanks to all) and the Radiance looks beautiful but my DH thinks it might be too "small":o DS and DH have only cruised the Mariner while I have also been on Sovereign, talk about small:p Hopefully we can come to agreement before prices go up.

Patti....You are always "Radiant" with that beautiful personality of yours....but you really should come along with us and let Jim "Serenade" you!

Dont' have time to read your whole thread...but just had to say "Howdy y'all".

Hugs to you and LJ!

Love ya gf!

I remember a time when you were only Radiance..........then you know what happened..........and now you are all Serenade.;)

Nice to hear from you..........give Big Bob a hug from us.

Love ya back gf!!!

I was so excited to see this thread. I'm part of the future - first cruise on her on 2/2/08. We're booked in 8168 and it was so good to see all the positive comments about this cabin.

I am one of the many Texans who are going to miss "our" Rhapsody of the Seas. It's great to know that the other ROTS has such a devoted following.

I was so excited to see this thread. I'm part of the future - first cruise on her on 2/2/08. We're booked in 8168 and it was so good to see all the positive comments about this cabin.

I am one of the many Texans who are going to miss "our" Rhapsody of the Seas. It's great to know that the other ROTS has such a devoted following.

Are you packed yet??;)

I hope that you enjoy Radiance as much as a lot of us do. Have a wonderful cruise.

Does anyone have any pictures of Singapore Sling's? It looks like it is at the back of the ship and wondering if all windows? Is it a nice place to hang out? Or have our M&M?

Any info will be helpful?

TY in advance

Does anyone have any pictures of Singapore Sling's? It looks like it is at the back of the ship and wondering if all windows? Is it a nice place to hang out? Or have our M&M?

Any info will be helpful?

TY in advance

Yes, it is aft through the Colony Club. Windows all across the back and the view is fantastic. You could probably hold your own M&M here.

M&M's that are set up by RCI are usually held in the Hollywood Odyessy on Deck 13.

Yes, it is aft through the Colony Club. Windows all across the back and the view is fantastic. You could probably hold your own M&M here.

And the education at the University of Patti continues ... I didn't know that area was called something different. I thought it was all a part of the Colony Club! THANKS!!!

BTW: our experience has been that that's where the staff hangs out ... ;)

~d

And the education at the University of Patti continues ... I didn't know that area was called something different. I thought it was all a part of the Colony Club! THANKS!!!

BTW: our experience has been that that's where the staff hangs out ... ;)

~d

Believe it or not, I didn't either.:o I got my little hand held fold out map that we received a few years ago and there it was.

Archived