Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

I'm sure I will love the cruise. Just being on a ship again is a wonderful thought. My mother saw the special on travel channel and decided this was the ship for her. I'm sure it will be wonderfule. RCCL hasn't dissapointed me thus far.

One more question - the outside windows in the category H cabins on deck 3, are they square or round? Not sure why this would matter, but I'm just curious as I really can't tell from the photos I've seen. If anyone has posted any photos of the category H cabins, I'd love to see them if you could post a link. We're considering booking this cabin for the Ultimate Alaska Cruise next year.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but IMO the rates for this cruise are outstanding. When I first saw them I thought surely there must be something wrong. $1600 per person for a two week cruise to Alaska (outside cabin) to me sounds too good to be true.

One more question - the outside windows in the category H cabins on deck 3, are they square or round? Not sure why this would matter, but I'm just curious as I really can't tell from the photos I've seen. If anyone has posted any photos of the category H cabins, I'd love to see them if you could post a link. We're considering booking this cabin for the Ultimate Alaska Cruise next year.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but IMO the rates for this cruise are outstanding. When I first saw them I thought surely there must be something wrong. $1600 per person for a two week cruise to Alaska (outside cabin) to me sounds too good to be true.

They appear to be round (click to enlarge):

2742115740046097424AxgIqZ_th.jpg

We will be sailing on the Radiance in October 2007. We are going to Hawaii on her. I CAN'T WAIT!! Thank you for the pictures and all the glowing remarks. I will probably be reading this thread over and over!;)

Captain Jackie Sparrow of the POI DEPLOY!

We were on the Radiance 6/29/2007 for the northbound Alaska cruise ... our group had 6 rooms (1 grand suite, 2 D1 balconies and 3 E1 balconies) ... the truly best part of the cruise was Captain Rune Lokling (nicknamed Captain Hurdy Gurdy ;) ) ... we truly love the ship!!!

Does anyone have pictures of this cabin? Does it have a wrap around balcony like 9256 or 8168?

Thanks,

Dorie

Here are 2 pictures of the aft balconies. They are not true wraparound balconies..

Radiancestern.jpg

Radianceaftbalcony.jpg

Jim and Patti - there was a Captain Change reported that Captain Trym Selvag is now on the Rhapsody. I just wanted to let you know - Who knows if he will do your ultimate 9/14 ultimate Alaska. We are on 8/3 to 8/10 and I hope Captain Rune is still there.

Dave and Amy

Dave;

Captain Rune will still be there, he's there until Sept. 7th.

chelle

Thanks, let Captain Rune know we are coming. We are going to give him a picture of him sitting on Amy's lap putting whip cream on her face. Never a dull moment with him.

Dave and Amy

is he leaving for good? I heard so much about him, I was hoping to meet him this coming January:( . Do you know who will be Captain for Jan 05, 2008?

He is scheduled to stay on for another 2 years and the captains each take roughly 10 week rotations. We have cruised over 25 times and he is far and away the best captain we ever had. Great sense of humor and runs the friendliest ship on the seas.

Dave and Amy

is he leaving for good? I heard so much about him, I was hoping to meet him this coming January:( . Do you know who will be Captain for Jan 05, 2008?

I don't think he has any plans to leave RCI any time soon ... as to when/if he'll be reassigned to another ship, I'm not sure.

Captains work in rotations, so he might be back on the Radiance by Jan 2008

Medfordgirl;

Captain Rune is onboard until Sept. 7th and then goes off on vacation--he should be back the end of December or 1st part of January.

Hopefully he'll be on your cruise--he is the best!!!

Dave and Amy;

I passed on your message to him and he says he can't wait to see the picture.

chelle:D

Medfordgirl;

Captain Rune is onboard until Sept. 7th and then goes off on vacation--he should be back the end of December or 1st part of January.

Dave and Amy;

Hey Chelle....nice to see you post. ;) Any news on when or what ship Santino will be on in the fall? I hope its the Serenade for our Oct Hawaii trip!

TIA

Linda

Medfordgirl;

Dave and Amy;

Chelle,

Less than 2 weeks - hopefully he will remember us. Great picture. Looking forward to seeing Captain Rune, Kieron and the crew again.

Dave and Amy

Hi Linda;

Santino was on the Freedom this spring--was due to go off last week but was let go much sooner because for some reason RCI decided to do away with show bands because they cost too much I guess. The orchestra plays alot more of the venues now and a not so good band plays what venues are left. I don't know if this is a permanent situation now or what.

So anyway Santino is in Asia playing and he's going to call me when he has everything figured out about where he'll be if he changes cruise lines or if he's going to give it up and stay land based.

Chelle:D

Just got off the Celebrity cruise in April R/T to Hawaii from San Diego for 14 days and it was heavenly. But jeans were never allowed in the dining room for dinner. It seems like they were acceptable on the Vision of the Seas last time we did Alaska. Does anyone know if jeans are okay on the Radiance? We are on the 9/14 14 day repositioning cruise and it is so difficult to pack enough for 14 days. I am determined we will use the laundry service this trip and we're trying to cut back on our packing. Jeans in the dining room will help with that goal.

Thanks,

Cat

Just got off the Celebrity cruise in April R/T to Hawaii from San Diego for 14 days and it was heavenly. But jeans were never allowed in the dining room for dinner. It seems like they were acceptable on the Vision of the Seas last time we did Alaska. Does anyone know if jeans are okay on the Radiance? We are on the 9/14 14 day repositioning cruise and it is so difficult to pack enough for 14 days. I am determined we will use the laundry service this trip and we're trying to cut back on our packing. Jeans in the dining room will help with that goal.

Thanks,

Cat

"No jeans in the dining room" Just take one or two pair of black slacks and different tops to wear each night. If you packed for 14-days to Hawaii, you can do the same for Alaska/W.Coast. Actually, you can just pack for a 7-day and wear things more than once. No one keeps track of what you wear anyway.

Archived