Solstice Stateroom Sleuth: what are you going to book...

darrencantwait

Given that we don't have a lot of time to research before bookings open, and we don't have the luxury of past-cruiser reviews...I thought we could all post our thoughts on here so that we can collectively search out the best rooms.

Don't worry, I'm booking for March 2009, so I'm not going to steel your stateroom choice for the Inaugural Cruise! ;)

To start, it looks like 2152 on the resort deck, is a slightly larger aft Concierge Class stateroom. Anybody see any plus or minus to this stateroom?

It looks as though there will be a fair amount more Aft CC Cabins available as compared to the M Class Ships. By my rough count, there are 12 Aft CC Cabins on the M Class ships, and the Solstice appears to have about 23. This does not include the Aft FV or the 16 Sunset Veranda rooms.

It's hard to tell what deck or particular cabin would be best. I guess we'll have to try them all!

I agree with chessbriar. I think more than a few rooms are off-scale. Just take a look at the balconies. They're all about 2 feet deep according to the scale, with some missing entirely (starboard side 9272-90, starboard side sky deck hump cabins, sunset deck fore cabins)! They'll never get it entirely true-to-scale, but I have to believe they with tune it up in the future.

It will be interesting to see what changes will be made to Equinox!

I wasn't able to find the square footage on the verandas that others were able to see, but I'm confused about the differences in the balcony cabins. Concierge Class I get, but what about the Sunset Verandas and the AquaClass cabins? Do Sunsets get the same CC amenities but are located on the aft? Do the AquaClass get CC amenities in addition to all the free spa stuff, or will we be choosing between spa amenities and concierge class amenities??? The brochure says something about an exclusive AquaSpa restaurant for AquaClass. I wonder if it's a pay restaurant for everyone else, or if only the Aqua folks are allowed in? Will there be a separate AquaSpa cafe for everyone else:confused:

Quote:

"Will there be a separate AquaSpa cafe for everyone else"?

I would hope so!

Not everyone can afford the more expensive cabins. I love

the food offered at the Aqua Spa Cafes on the M class ships.

Hopefully the Aquaspa Cafe on this ship will be open to all passengers,

no matter what the cabin category.

i have found the descriptions of the cabins, and i have found the deck plans with the rooms color-coded, but i can't find the key that indicates which category of room goes with each color room on the deck plans. obviously i need to make an appointment with my eye doctor. can someone clue me in as to what i am missing and where to look. also, j=has anyone found pricing for the different categories of rooms and sailing dates? thanks :)

i have found the descriptions of the cabins, and i have found the deck plans with the rooms color-coded, but i can't find the key that indicates which category of room goes with each color room on the deck plans. obviously i need to make an appointment with my eye doctor. can someone clue me in as to what i am missing and where to look. also, j=has anyone found pricing for the different categories of rooms and sailing dates? thanks :)

Hi, on the left side of the screen~there are the cabin categories

and colors to match.......not sure what screen you are looking at?

But I was able to find them and I am usually very PC challenged;)

We love the aft corner FV's on the M class ships and I noticed that the aft SS's on Solstice all have connecting doors! Most of the aft cabins are indicating this. Something we DO NOT like. Maybe one of the SS's in the middle--looks like there are 3 or so without the adjoing doors.:D

From the description I can see, the Deluxe Verandah, Aqua class, SV and CC are all the exact same size cabin--192 sq ft. My guess is the amenities WILL vary as will the price in each catagory.

Hi Everyone !

I agree with Rick (Chessbriar), that we have seen discrepancies in deck plans in the past. I wouldnt assume everything is accurate at this point. I would suggest using this as a planning tool.

Good Luck !

Oh, Lois, I hope you're right. Although, all things being equal, I would ditch CC amenities for spa amenities in a heartbeat. I doubt all things will be equal though:)

What browser are you using? I was using Safari on a mac and was having similar problems. I switched to Foxfire and can see them way up on the upper left. Safari wouldn't let me scroll up high enough to see them.

I wish they would post pricing too...would make it a WHOLE lot easier to plan my phone call to Captains Club on Thursday. I always like to see if changing a week before or after makes a difference, etc.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the footages are not really bigger than the M class ones.... I thought the big deal was to be the bigger cabins but I don't really see them barring the suites of course. Did I miss something?

What idiot would put family cabins up front where the movement is even more pronounced than at the back...(That is because the front of the ship has to break the waves) Heck I hope this person has to baby sit all the sea sick kiddies!!! Make him think for the next time!!

At current date with what we know NOW I am just a little dissapointed - that could get better when one can actualy physically see the layout which might not be absolutly accurate on these rough plans.

Since their concierge class cabins will be identical in size to their standard verandah cabins, I plan to book either a standard verandah cabin or a sky suite. The only reason why I booked concierge class cabins on M class ships was for the size difference.

Do Sunsets get the same CC amenities but are located on the aft? Do the AquaClass get CC amenities in addition to all the free spa stuff, or will we be choosing between spa amenities and concierge class amenities??? The brochure says something about an exclusive AquaSpa restaurant for AquaClass. I wonder if it's a pay restaurant for everyone else, or if only the Aqua folks are allowed in? Will there be a separate AquaSpa cafe for everyone else?
All the very same questions that I had after reading the verbiage and looking at the cabin deck plans. With both 2008 and 2009 cruises already booked, I may be holding out until late 2009 or 2010 for a Solstice Class voyage.

I'm one sick puppy... now that I have information for Solstice, I can't wait to find out more about Equinox! Is it too soon to start a thread on her?

smileysamm901.gif

I wasn't able to find the square footage on the verandas that others were able to see

If you click on the small cabin map on the right side of the page, it brings up a larger version with amenities and square footage on the left side of the page.

Do Sunsets get the same CC amenities but are located on the aft?

According to the amenities list, it seems that Sunsets do not get the CC benefits.

Do the AquaClass get CC amenities in addition to all the free spa stuff, or will we be choosing between spa amenities and concierge class amenities???

From looking at the amenities list, it seems we are going to have to choose. I would so love to see a price list, including the a la carte charges for the spa, so I can determine if CC and "pay as I go" makes more sense, or the AquaClass makes more sense.

The brochure says something about an exclusive AquaSpa restaurant for AquaClass. I wonder if it's a pay restaurant for everyone else, or if only the Aqua folks are allowed in? Will there be a separate AquaSpa cafe for everyone else:confused:

My reading of the very brief description of the AquaClass cabins led me to believe that it is a Specialty Restaurant, and that the AquaClass people get to use it inclusive of their cabin choice. I assumed that because it's a Specialty Restaurant anyone can use it so long as they book and pay the "upcharge" fee for it.

Looking forward to seeing the price list....

Archived