Solstice Stateroom Sleuth: what are you going to book...

darrencantwait

I think while there is still plenty of time, the builders take three-quarters of these doors and start spreading them out over the other ships being built.

Since the number of adjoining cabins on these deck plans are soooo over the top, it would really make alot of other people here feel better. ;)

we booked the 1a--9292-0-for themaiden voyage -i am sure it will be great---we were on the maiden voyage of the constelation and the millie in the usa--be prepared for surprises-- you never know what the maiden voyage will have in store for you---remember --the rooms--you are the first on scheduled runs--lets have a hoot and join the fun

Leo you booked higher classes of cabins than I did and your pricing is less....does your pricing include all the taxes and port fees? If so, I need to call X reservations back!

I think his prices are without port fees and taxes. I booked 3/22/09 Cat. 9 inside on Sky Deck. My price was $830 without tax & port charges. My total was $1042 inclusive. Reading all the Solstice threads I think I am the only person to book an inside cabin. Time will tell.

Thanks for the info Schplinky. I appreciate knowing that I have called on this twice now and have been told the same thing. Guess I'll have to call again! Any others out there having problems getting a fax or email confirmation?

Got our e-mail confirmation about 5 minutes after booking. Vicki

Well...it seems from the deck plans to me that the main dining room will only be two levels. So for those who think the ship is huge, it looks like the main dining room is still only two levels. And there is still a main dining rooms since we were asked what seating we wanted.

I too will take it as it comes, looking forward to it the entire way. :)

I hope there is a main dining room with traditional dining. But, don't forget, passengers on Azamara Journey and Quest were also asked which dining time they would like...and it turns out there is no assigned dining table or time on those ships.

Hello

I got my cabin Thursday through my TA. Single C1 on Resort deck. Thanks for the information on the Aqua class. At time I booked, the web site did not have CC perks listed for Aqua, and I like the CC perks. After going CC, on other cruises, the first day I buy flowers from the flower cart for the cabin.

With the response of the Captians Club members on this cruise, they might have to have first and second afternoon tea seating in the main dining room.:D

I like cruising between Thanksgiving and Christmas because of the good prices. These prices are not specacular, but less than later sailings and I believe we are in for a special experience.

When I get my conformation number, will sign up for the Meet and Mingle.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Larry

Leo you booked higher classes of cabins than I did and your pricing is less....does your pricing include all the taxes and port fees? If so, I need to call X reservations back!

Hi Finely,

No that was without the fees and taxes which added $210.42 to each of the rates I listed. I ended up paying $1560.42pp (with fees and taxes) for my AC cabin.

Thanks Leo!

George, some of those insides appear to be quite large!!!

The Celebrity web site shows inside cabin range between 185 - 205 sq ft. Ocean view is 175 sq ft. I will stay in my inside cabin and save my money to help pay for another cruise.

I wasn't able to find the square footage on the verandas that others were able to see, but I'm confused about the differences in the balcony cabins. Concierge Class I get, but what about the Sunset Verandas and the AquaClass cabins? Do Sunsets get the same CC amenities but are located on the aft? Do the AquaClass get CC amenities in addition to all the free spa stuff, or will we be choosing between spa amenities and concierge class amenities??? The brochure says something about an exclusive AquaSpa restaurant for AquaClass. I wonder if it's a pay restaurant for everyone else, or if only the Aqua folks are allowed in? Will there be a separate AquaSpa cafe for everyone else:confused:

Sunset Verandas do not get the same amenities as CC - AquaClass do not get CC amenities. Only CC get CC amenities, I am not sure I get all of the amenities that go with AquaClass. I will wait and hear what others have to say about it, or hear a lots more details before I book it. I am a TA and I cannot find out much more either. I don't want to eat in Blu if it is all alpha sprouts and fish. I want BEEF! We booked a CC cabin on the hump.

To Bill and Mary Ann

I agree that 7 days of sprouts and fish would not be my idea of a cruise. I like the aqua cuisine on M class for lunch - favorite part is the fresh sliced bread with lots of butter, and the deserts, but finish it off at the ice cream bar. They will need more on the Blu menu.

I'm in CC on the hump on Resort deck. Maybe we will be neighbors. I hope the balconies are bigger than shown on the deck plan, and maybe the hump cabins will be larger. I like JS on RCL, but the suites on Celebrity are too high for me. I travel alone and pay double to get the cabin for myself. Cruises are to relax, and have a good time.

Anxious to hear more about the ship. This is exciting.

Larry

To Bill and Mary Ann

I agree that 7 days of sprouts and fish would not be my idea of a cruise. I like the aqua cuisine on M class for lunch - favorite part is the fresh sliced bread with lots of butter, and the deserts, but finish it off at the ice cream bar. They will need more on the Blu menu.

I'm in CC on the hump on Resort deck. Maybe we will be neighbors. I hope the balconies are bigger than shown on the deck plan, and maybe the hump cabins will be larger. I like JS on RCL, but the suites on Celebrity are too high for me. I travel alone and pay double to get the cabin for myself. Cruises are to relax, and have a good time.

Anxious to hear more about the ship. This is exciting.

Larry

Sunset Verandas do not get the same amenities as CC - AquaClass do not get CC amenities. Only CC get CC amenities, I am not sure I get all of the amenities that go with AquaClass.

Seems there is a conflict of information here. Others have been told by Celebrity that Aqua Class receive all the amenities of Concierge, making them a pretty good value. You seem to think this is not the case. It would be nice to get clarification from Celebrity in writing. If I booked an Aqua Class cabin I would ask for something in writing from Celebrity.

Ernie

Ernie it cold change a bunch of times up until sailing. I thought I was booking a 2A...it's a 1B. Not part of any plan I can refer to...I think we have a way to go.:rolleyes:

So, I am looking forward to July 4th, when pricing is defined a bit better for tracking, but the rest is still so unstable.

Sunset Verandas do not get the same amenities as CC - AquaClass do not get CC amenities. Only CC get CC amenities, I am not sure I get all of the amenities that go with AquaClass. I will wait and hear what others have to say about it, or hear a lots more details before I book it. I am a TA and I cannot find out much more either.

Bill,

Just a quick update. I spoke with Celebrity yesterday and just called to reconfirm the info that I was given. The res agents told me that AC will have all of the CC amenities as well as the previously discussed - having Blu as the dining room, unlimited acces to the Persian Gardens...and, she added, access to the spa's relaxation pools. This was new. Sounds like another fun tidbit! I'm a TA as well and like you and many of us here I love having this forum so we can share any bit of info that we can get with each other. That's what makes this forum so great to have.

Yesterday the agent told me that she had learned in a training update that morning that They are taking early or late dining and table size preferences for those in AC but they (Celebrity) haven't yet decided if it will be open seating or assigned time and open seating or assigned time and seating. She said that the thinking is that people in AC will meet up in the spa or onboard and want to socialize at dinner and if tables are assigned this wouldn't be easy to do. Just something they are pondering at this point. Interesting, hmmm.:rolleyes: Again, this last is just what she had been told while the cabin info has been confirmed as best I could. Hope it helps.

Leo if this was a longer cruise I'd be so into a switch. But I don't want to stay in the spa on a 7 nighter, and in steam rooms I prefer to be nekid in, not swim suited. I can't do that on this ship but can on land based venues like Vegas or AC for example here in the states, not to mention my own home.

So, if X wants to make Persian Gardens on SOLSTICE ma-lay and fe-ma-lay, I am so game and would re-book the class to catch even one day on the sea to enjoy my gender priviacy and preference in garb.

• 4 weeks later...

AQ-1526 AquaClass Accessible, 1/25/2009, $1489 + $51.42 fees and taxes. $250 deposit.

JAN 25 FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

JAN 26 AT SEA

JAN 27 SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

JAN 28 BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS

JAN 29 PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN

JAN 30 AT SEA

JAN 31 AT SEA

FEB 1 FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Booked 2 hours on the day it opened to CC members through Celebrity. Worked with a great Celebrity employee who was responsive and "hopefully" well informed.

Received my confirmation via e-mail within minutes. Even confirmed late seating in Blu. Was told that Spa food in Blu will will "probably" be in addition to the regular dining menu and includes all CC upgrades.:):):)

Archived