Solstice Stateroom Sleuth: what are you going to book...

darrencantwait

Yes, well if everyone is trying to find out how much they can spend and what type of cabin they want, it seems to me this could be a big mess. Why don't they just tell us before so we can figure this out before we call. If someone can give a logical answer, great, but to me this is a mistake. I am not going to keep dialing the number all day waiting to spend my money.

it's as though they are trying to tie up the phone lines

We are looking ay March 2009. It will coincide with Joyce's B-Day. I know that the ports are not to exciting, but the Ship is the thing. It looks like I might be the only one on this thread that will be looking to book an inside cabin. I hope the price will be to our liking.

Joyce's birthday is the 23rd of March. Solstice Caribbean A schedule departs 3-22-09. That's what we will be checking out. I hope the CC upgrade will apply.

Thank you so much for putting that in downloadable format!

Interesting that the insides are all bigger than the oceanview!

Also interesting that the Celebrity Suites now have balconies. I imagine those are going to be very popular cabins!

Thank you so much for putting that in downloadable format!

Interesting that the insides are all bigger than the oceanview!

I don't know how much faith I have in the square footages listed. As somebody noted before...the Ocean View staterooms are listed as having "floor to ceiling sliding glass doors." Huh?

Thanks darrencantwait - really appreciate it. My printer automatically adjusted for paper size difference. It's a little small, but I can get the general area and and then narrow down a cabin number on the computer screeen.

Cruise Critic people are so helpful!

Yes, well if everyone is trying to find out how much they can spend and what type of cabin they want, it seems to me this could be a big mess. Why don't they just tell us before so we can figure this out before we call. If someone can give a logical answer, great, but to me this is a mistake. I am not going to keep dialing the number all day waiting to spend my money.

I totally agree with you on this--give us the prices & we can hunt for ourselves & then call or not. Much better than tying up the phone lines after we might decide not to book..

I've seen the lead in rates for Inside, Oceanview, standard balcony, CC and Deluxe. Now what they are calling Deluxe.. used to be SS and up. Can't tell with the spreadsheet which was sent to me considering the new categories.

Suffice, to say, unless you are booking a minimum inside, you will be in the $1000+ range with port and tax per person. The only reason I can see to book early is to get the cabin number of your choice. New ship.. or not, the itineraries are.. been there, done that.

Be prepared for hold times. During last Friday's RCCL sale even with telephone backup from Celebrity reps, hold time was in excess of 45 minutes.

I have not been to Tortola! Maybe others have, but I have not. I also have not been on a new ship in quite a while, and I have no desire to be on a 'small' ship, just as some have no desire to be in a 'small' cabin.

I'll let you know the prices sometime later in the day tomorrow if no one beats me to it. But $2,000 in a fresh hotel in a room with an ocean view for a week with unlimited meals, entertainment, sightseeing, and some other goodies.... :)

so I created a little document for myself of the deckplans to have when I call. Since some of you expressed interest in printing out the deck plans, I have uploaded a pdf of the document

Let me know if you have any problems.

Darren --

Thanks for posting the pdf.

I have been trying for the past two days to access the information; I just keep getting shuttled back and forth between the same two pages and have been unable to see the deck plans and itineraries.

Am I the only one who can't get beyond the introductory links??

oooohhh...somebody I know is itchin' to go....:D

Not necessarily, just really want to know the prices. I don't love these itineraries. We are hoping on a Tahiti/Hawaii or vice versa to open up for the same time as what we already have the Mercury booked Cheryl!:D I still have to get through a TA & 2 Europe cruises first!!!!:p

Darren,

Thanks so much! We had our first X cruise last year and had a so-so time so we haven't rushed back. Then, we were reading reviews and it really seems that Constellation was having a really off week the week we were on. The ratings are great every week and then our week, all the reviews were poor. We think there must have been some abberation and so we're willing to give X another try and what better way than a brand new ship? Your charts will help us choose a great room and we really appreciate it!.

We LOVE Labadee and cannot wait to go back. We were in Tortola on HAL and it was rather dull unless you took an excursion (there is just a rustic village to walk to). I think that will likely be our "ship day," where we stay onboard and use the ship while everyone else is off.

I love that the ship stays in port later in the evening than usual.

It really would be nice to know a ball-park figure on prices. We're stuck between all the different balcony categories and just saying to heck with it and getting an inside. I can't help but think the average length of calls will be two or three times longer tomorrow as people learn things they could just have easily have read on the internet. Thanks goodness the experience at sea is always better than the customer service experience!

Sorry, meant Sky Suites both cat 1 & 2. According to what their deck plan says, there is a cat 1 & 2 SS.

No, just lead in inside, lead in oceanview, lead in standard balcony, lead in Concierge Class and lead in deluxe.. whatever that may happen to be.

The least expensive deluxe may not be a suite either...... it's at 2099pp+

No, just lead in inside, lead in oceanview, lead in standard balcony, lead in Concierge Class and lead in deluxe.. whatever that may happen to be.

The least expensive deluxe may not be a suite either...... it's at 2099pp+

Thanks for trying!!!:D

Archived