Solstice Stateroom Sleuth: what are you going to book...

darrencantwait

Does anyone know for sure if Solstice will be doing Europe in the summer of 2009? If so, it is likely the Med.?

We are definitely interested in cruising on Solstice if she is doing the Med. in the summer of 2009. I guess these itineraries will not be released until April or May of 2008???

I do have one final question and it has to do with securing a couple of staterooms. We are interested in one of the Sky Suites that connects to a CC cabin Aft on the Penthouse. It would be perfect for my husband and I to occupy the Sky Suite and have the kids in the connecting CC cabin. I have a feeling that these cabins may go quickly. I guess my best bet would be to call the first thing on the day Celebrity begins the bookings for the 2008 summer season. I am wondering, however, if certain TAs can "buy up" these cabins prior to the general public being able to reserve them. We usually book directly with Celebrity. Does anyone have any idea how this works?

Looking forward to a future sailing on Solstice.

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

I do have one final question and it has to do with securing a couple of staterooms. We are interested in one of the Sky Suites that connects to a CC cabin Aft on the Penthouse. It would be perfect for my husband and I to occupy the Sky Suite and have the kids in the connecting CC cabin. I have a feeling that these cabins may go quickly. I guess my best bet would be to call the first thing on the day Celebrity begins the bookings for the 2008 summer season. I am wondering, however, if certain TAs can "buy up" these cabins prior to the general public being able to reserve them. We usually book directly with Celebrity. Does anyone have any idea how this works?

Looking forward to a future sailing on Solstice.

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

TA's will not be able to block up rooms right away. The bookings the first two weeks will be taken by phone through X. There is a special number on their website. You must have your valid CC number when you call. You can transfer the booking to you agent once it's secured. This might be your best chance to get the cabins you desire.

Leela -- I believe I read in CruiseNewsDaily that Aqua class staterooms get priority booking for Blu, and pay no fee. Others can book the restaurant, provided there are seats available, and will pay an upcharge. I'm not sure how this works with reservations. Maybe non-Aqua class guests have to wait until day-off to book?

Nancy -- It is my understanding that bookings for the first two weeks are for Captain's Club members ONLY. To me, that means that a TA can only book ONE stateroom for themselves if they want. Basically, every booking number in the first two weeks must have a Captain's Club number associated with it that is not being used elsewhere on that sailing. Keep in mind...this is MY interpretation...not official X policy.

What browser are you using? I was using Safari on a mac and was having similar problems. I switched to Foxfire and can see them way up on the upper left. Safari wouldn't let me scroll up high enough to see them

Uh...you do mean FIREFOX, don't you?:D

And I hope you have upgraded to the newest version for the security patches.

Just teasing! I'm a Mac user, too, and I like and use Safari most often. There are very few things in Firefox that appeal to me, though I use it occasionally.

I haven't looked at the Solstice deck plans yet. I got the invitation to book early today, but when I went to the Celebrity website, it didn't recognize me automatically (as it does on one of my other computers) and I have no clue what my user name and password are....soooooo, are the deckplans available for mere mortals to look at now, or just us "special" CC members with our invite?

If I have to be "recognized," then I have to fire up my old computer which I'd like to avoid.

Yeah, I could go back over to the Celebrity website and try again, but this thread is so active, I figure I only have to wait a few minutes for a reply here.

Thanks a bunch! :D

I don't see any difference in square footage. All the balcony cabins are 192 sf until you get to Sky Suite which is a whoping 300 plus. Wow, would I love that one.

Why do CC for the same size cabin?

It appears the balcony would start at 1099 pp for 7 days. Not exactly a bargain. Also, what is the new Blu restaurant all about. Is it only for AquaClass members or what?

Confused, but will see more news soon.

Since their concierge class cabins will be identical in size to their standard verandah cabins, I plan to book either a standard verandah cabin or a sky suite. The only reason why I booked concierge class cabins on M class ships was for the size difference.

I agree with you

Also, what is the new Blu restaurant all about. Is it only for AquaClass members or what?

Hi RitaMaid !

It seems as if the Blu restaurant is only for those who book Aqua Class. According to Celebrity's Press Release it says that Blu's access will be "exclusive" to those who book Aqua Class. Frankly, I dont get it. Why wouldnt it be available to those who book Suites (and perhaps Concierge Class) as well ? How can you pay more than Aqua Class, and be denied access to this restaurant ? Hopefully, it will make sense when additional details are announced.

I agree it is strange that Solstice was touted as going to have larger stateroom, and the size difference between CC and standard Veranda being the same is disappointing.

But, something seems strange. The beam on the M class is 105 ft, and the beam on S class is 121 ft. Cabin layout seems the same, veranda stateroom, passageway, inside stateroom, passageway, veranda stateroom. Where is the extra 16 feet going? I certainly hope they aren't expanding the passageways over the staterooms.

I got the email from Celebrity today and went on their site to check out the new ship Solstice....But what is the itineray? 7 days to where? Did I miss something? Maybe waiting till 2009 is better!!

Any tips??

I got the email from Celebrity today and went on their site to check out the new ship Solstice....But what is the itineray? 7 days to where? Did I miss something? Maybe waiting till 2009 is better!!

Any tips??

Its 7 day Eastern Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale 12/14/08 - April 2009. I hope that helps.

Any tips??

Hi, there are 4 itineraries listed.....A and B and A-Holiday and B-Holiday

They show up on the site....not sure where you clicked?

Try this:

https://rccl.bridgetrack.com/07/solstice/cc/default.htm?ProspectID=BF6B69169690422C99245D53BDD8A42B&SRC=PGI110127

You will see intineraries, deckplans, staterooms.......hope this helps.

Two things I find troubling are the large number of cc cabins with connecting doors (including most all of the aft cabins, including the sunset veranda) and the large number showing two sleeper sofas. I'm wondering how they fit them in - at the expense of the desk, perhaps? I get the impression that they are really trying to pack in as many passengers as possible. They've also added a second class of cc cabins in addition to the sunset veranda cabins. What to do? Without any pricing to choose from, I could only find 12 cc cabins that looked promising! I could probably live with a connecting door on an aft cabin, but would be afraid of being bumped by a family who wanted 2 cabins together. Has this ever happened to you?

Hi RitaMaid !

It seems as if the Blu restaurant is only for those who book Aqua Class. According to Celebrity's Press Release it says that Blu's access will be "exclusive" to those who book Aqua Class. Frankly, I dont get it. Why wouldnt it be available to those who book Suites (and perhaps Concierge Class) as well ? How can you pay more than Aqua Class, and be denied access to this restaurant ? Hopefully, it will make sense when additional details are announced.

Also do Aqua Class passengers have to eat in Blu or could they eat in the main dining room if they choose.

And, my concern is the lack of accessible cabin for each class other than the Royal, Penthouse and Celebrity Suites. I guess that I will just have to wait until tomorrow to check with Celebrity.

And, my concern is the lack of accessible cabin for each class other than the Royal, Penthouse and Celebrity Suites. I guess that I will just have to wait until tomorrow to check with Celebrity.

Wow Judy, I just looked at that. I am not handicapped, but I am aware of the many cruisers that are. Looks like there are 4 in the different cats on almost every floor and none of them aft for sure. Seems like a small amount for the size ship. BUT, the more I study her, looks like they are catering to cabins with more than 2 people in most of them, look at all the 2 sleeper sofa's & the pullmans! This is probably not going to be our class of ship!!! Still waiting for the public area info!:D

I am not terribly interested in 7 nt Carib cruises anyway. Might do a b2b, but..........................

BUT, the more I study her, looks like they are catering to cabins with more than 2 people in most of them, look at all the 2 sleeper sofa's & the pullmans! This is probably not going to be our class of ship!!! Still waiting for the public area info!:D

I am not terribly interested in 7 nt Carib cruises anyway. Might do a b2b, but..........................

There is no doubt from looking at the deck plans these Solstice Class ships will be geared more towards families. We feel Solstice looks more like a Royal ship than a Celebrity ship. Not saying that's a bad thing but I think the difference between the two lines just got smaller.

Juat like RCI, there are no aft stairs or elevators. So if you book an aft on Solstice, it's going to be a hike to the stairs/elevators mid-ship (just like RCI). That's one of the primary reasons I love M-Class. . .with 3 sets of stairs and elevators, there's always one nearby!

Families vary in age, including older parents who deserve a bit of privacy. How many here on these boards say they are taking their mom or dad, or think couples/friends/in-laws traveling toghether, or siblings. So hush!

BUT, tonight I think I have seen more connecting staterooms here on these deck plans than I have ever seen kids on a cruise!

The traditionally best cabin locations are now adjoining cabins, so I'm out on many of them.

I did find two others out of the lot I'd book though....;)

Families vary in age, including older parents who deserve a bit of privacy. How many here on these boards say they are taking their mom or dad, or think couples/friends/in-laws traveling toghether, or siblings. So hush!

Staterooms that can occupy five were designed for families with children. Not five adults. So you hush!

I am speaking of connecting staterooms and the abundance of them. Not to my liking and I have no need at this time. Me thinks you are speaking of something different. The two I speak of are not the new FV's....and no, I'm not telling which other two they are!

I am speaking of connecting staterooms and the abundance of them. Not to my liking and I have no need at this time. Me thinks you are speaking of something different. The two I speak of are not the new FV's....and no, I'm not telling which other two they are!

Cheryl, if I know you (and I DO!) :D I think I know exactly which 2!!!! The same 2 we would book right???????

:p

Archived