Solstice Stateroom Sleuth: what are you going to book...

darrencantwait

Lynn luv, I am looking at 2 decks right now for cabins that may take me sideways, but see two cabins that are right up our alley but a bit land-locked sadly. Connecting cabins are out for me, I like the solid walls and max sound privacy!

The FV's on the front end are awesome, but I am sure they will have stricter requirements than we are accostomed to in recent times.

Are you thinking about this ship/itin? I am looking at April 2009 with Labadee. I really enjoyed that stop once before and this would be a good excuse to visit it again even if only a 7, as we are not thinking BTB for this ship at this point.

Lynn luv, I am looking at 2 decks right now for cabins that may take me sideways, but see two cabins that are right up our alley but a bit land-locked sadly. Connecting cabins are out for me, I like the solid walls and max sound privacy!

The FV's on the front end are awesome, but I am sure they will have stricter requirements than we are accostomed to in recent times.

Are you thinking about this ship/itin? I am looking at April 2009 with Labadee. I really enjoyed that stop once before and this would be a good excuse to visit it again even if only a 7, as we are not thinking BTB for this ship at this point.

Hi Cheryl!

We're "looking" at b2b (can't do a 7 nt'r & am not a fan of b2b's for this itin) early Feb '09 and looking at SS's that DO NOT have connecting doors!!!! There are a few (very few) REALLY attractive ones!!!:D We already have a 14 nt cruise planned for the same time that we may or may not change.

I am speaking of connecting staterooms and the abundance of them. Not to my liking and I have no need at this time. Me thinks you are speaking of something different. The two I speak of are not the new FV's....and no, I'm not telling which other two they are!

C'mon, FC...the intention of this thread was to "share the wealth"...and wisdom of those who have sailed more and can read these deck plans. And besides, I'm looking to book the March 1 B itinerary. What do you see that is so good? Or...acceptable?

I think I might have deciphered you clues. Are connecting cabins really that bad? I've only had one before and never heard a thing. Maybe X figured out a great way to soundproof the doors?

Oh, and like you... we got to experience Labadee when we ventured on Freedom of the Seas last fall. We LOVED Labadee. My family was stunned by how beautiful Haiti was.

I'm very curious about the AquaClass Cabins. It's funny, because I've been thinking it would be cool to make my next cruise be more Spa-resort-like by booking more treatments and spending more time hanging out around the T-pool and in the Persian Gardens. And then Celebrity went and put a whole "Spa experience" thing on Solstice. It's like they read my mind.

I'm dying to see a price list and a full list of AquaClass amenities. The AC cabins are pretty innocuous, they take up almost a full deck and seem to be the same 192 sq. ft. thing that I'm used to from CC on M-class ships. The balconies all seem to be about the same, 53 sq. ft. There are some "diagonal" (I guess I mean rhombus) shaped cabins, I really wonder what the deal with those are. If they're also 192 sq. ft., then they will seem smaller because the narrow points won't be as usable. But then, maybe they are larger and it just doesn't show on the deck plans? I am so curious!

I'm dying to see a price list and a full list of AquaClass amenities. The AC cabins are pretty innocuous, they take up almost a full deck and seem to be the same 192 sq. ft. thing that I'm used to from CC on M-class ships. The balconies all seem to be about the same, 53 sq. ft. There are some "diagonal" (I guess I mean rhombus) shaped cabins, I really wonder what the deal with those are. If they're also 192 sq. ft., then they will seem smaller because the narrow points won't be as usable. But then, maybe they are larger and it just doesn't show on the deck plans? I am so curious!

I too wish they were posting prices along with deck plans/itineraries. hard to make good judgements. I also agree that it is very hard to judge real veranda/stateroom square footage. I guess this comes later in the game. Right now, it's a gamble.

C'mon, FC...the intention of this thread was to "share the wealth"...and wisdom of those who have sailed more and can read these deck plans. And besides, I'm looking to book the March 1 B itinerary. What do you see that is so good? Or...acceptable?

I think I might have deciphered you clues. Are connecting cabins really that bad? I've only had one before and never heard a thing. Maybe X figured out a great way to soundproof the doors?

Oh, and like you... we got to experience Labadee when we ventured on Freedom of the Seas last fall. We LOVED Labadee. My family was stunned by how beautiful Haiti was.

You know I find myself in such a mind boggle. At times I think I can only do a longer cruise, and then this last one makes me think the effort to pack under 50 pounds for it leaves me with NYC based cruises. Then I think I love to cruise in April so much that I can't leave NYC at that time of the year because its not hot enough.

So I am looking at this because of the itin with Labadee and maybe going back to a 7 nighter might be a good fit. We have a boat so I am on the water all summer, so I can probably manage without feeling it's too short. But it's always too short isn't it?

I had a connecting cabin once. Won't do it again. We lost storage space, and I did hear my neighbors. This new ship is crazy full of connecting doors.

I think there are a couple of independant 1A's that I'd ask for on a 7 and be happy with.

There are some "diagonal" (I guess I mean rhombus) shaped cabins, I really wonder what the deal with those are. If they're also 192 sq. ft., then they will seem smaller because the narrow points won't be as usable. But then, maybe they are larger and it just doesn't show on the deck plans? I am so curious!
I'm wondering about those, too. According to the designated class of them (1A vs 2A, C1 vs C2, S1 vs S2), it appears they will be higher priced??? Same thing for aft cabins. I guess they finally caught on to fact that aft-lovers like myself might be willing to pay more.

We are thinking of booking the maiden voyage - haven't done one since the Century back in Dec 95. Not sure of cabin yet - I have all day today to decide. Will probably print out a few deck plans so that I can really see the cabins. I hate having to scroll and skip from page to page - it's much easier to compare when the decks are laid out right next to each other.

Because they changed the format of the pages to Adobe Flash Player, you can't right-click and copy the pictures any more. The only way I've come up with is to use Print Screen, paste it into MS Office Picture Manager, edit it (crop), save it in a folder, then convert it to jpg format with a utility I have. If anybody has a simpler method, I'd sure appreciate you sharing it. :o

I, too, need to look at the decks layed out side by side in order to make choices.

Because they changed the format of the pages to Adobe Flash Player, you can't right-click and copy the pictures any more. The only way I've come up with is to use Print Screen, paste it into MS Office Picture Manager, edit it (crop), save it in a folder, then convert it to jpg format with a utility I have. If anybody has a simpler method, I'd sure appreciate you sharing it. :o

I, too, need to look at the decks layed out side by side in order to make choices.

I didn't realize it would be so difficult - Have you done this yet? If so, could you email me the pcitures - hajekfam at aol dot com.

In looking at the deck plans and stateroom plans, it would appear that the Royal Suites on Solstice have a larger interior than the RS on the C class and M class vessels.

The Royal Suites on the M class vessels are uniform in size, having 538 sq. ft. interior, and a 195 sq. ft. balcony. The Royal Suites on the C class vessels are not uniform because of the extensive changes to Century. The RS on Century has 506 sq. ft. interior and a 131 sq. ft. balcony. Mercury and Galaxy are 537 sq. ft. interior and 94 sq. ft. respectively.

The Royal Suites on Solstice have 590 sq. ft. interior and 153 sq. ft. balcony. So the interior space is larger than either of the other two classes of vessels. The other interesting change is that fact that the Royal Suites are located on several decks rather than being restricted to the Penthouse Deck.

We realize that most are not interested in this subject, but we have always booked a RS on our Celebrity cruises, so the comparison is interesting.

It appears that they will put a hot tub on the balcony like in the M class vessels, but centered on the balcony rather than over on one side. Unfortunately from the drawing, it appears that they are going back to the very square and rectangular design of the suite, rather than using the gentle curves of the Royal Suites on the M class vessels. We much prefer the RS on the M class vessels.

However, we really got spoiled last December when we had a Silver Suite on Silver Sea's Silver Shadow. We paid less for that suite for a 9 night cruise than we paid for our RS on Infinity for a 10 night Alaska cruise in September of 2006. However, we had suite of 701 square feet that was superbly laid out.

The original Meyer Werft press release stated:

The new ship for Celebrity Cruises will be 315 m long and 36,8 m wide. 2,850 passengers will be accommodated in 1,425 cabins. The vessel continues Celebrity’s tradition of incorporating in their ships features typically associated with luxury cruising. For example, more than 90 percent of the ship’s stateroom will be outside cabins, and more than 90 percent of those rooms will have balconies. Standard staterooms onboard the new ships will average 215 square feet, much larger than those typically found in the cruise industry.

What happened to the original specs? 1400 cabins at 20 sq ft leaves 2800 sq ft some place....

Have you done this yet?
Just for the itineraries. It's not that 'easy' for the deck plans, because they're scrollable and don't fit on one screen. Guess I'll wait for the hardcopy brochures, since I probably won't be booking a Solstice class cruise until Spring of 2008 for some time in 2009.

solsticea.jpg.875c194a96c47529d142ed0646a29e58.jpg

solsticeb.jpg.05e113c468d8313ee3045151f224bd03.jpg

The original Meyer Werft press release stated:

What happened to the original specs? 1400 cabins at 20 sq ft leaves 2800 sq ft some place....

Their average sf/cabin goes up when you include the suites. I was thinking the same way you were when I say 215sf. All those people in the suites are taking our 20sf.

hey guys -- I am not going to be near a computer tomorrow when the booking lines opened up...so I created a little document for myself of the deckplans to have when I call. Since some of you expressed interest in printing out the deck plans, I have uploaded a pdf of the document I created to my idisk. If you want to download, just go to:

http://homepage.mac.com/dkuhnau

There is a file there with the solstice deckplans. Just click the download buttom. The file is set up in tabloid (11" x 17") paper, so if you have a letter size printer, you will need to shrink the document.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Yes, well if everyone is trying to find out how much they can spend and what type of cabin they want, it seems to me this could be a big mess. Why don't they just tell us before so we can figure this out before we call. If someone can give a logical answer, great, but to me this is a mistake. I am not going to keep dialing the number all day waiting to spend my money.

Cheryl, if I know you (and I DO!) :D I think I know exactly which 2!!!! The same 2 we would book right???????

:p

The tops rooms seem to be adjoining,but that won't stop me...............Frank

Archived