If you could change one thing about RCI...

cs

Count another vote for an anytime dining option. We got hooked on this VERY fast when we sailed NCL, and it was hard to go back to traditional on the Mariner last year.** It would help at least a little bit if they'd even open the Windjammer and hour BEFORE early sitting in the dining room. That would give some flexibility. I'm also hoping to see a menu change before we book again (not that it will stop me, I'd just be really glad if there was).

Happy Sails,

Annette

**It's the on-board amenities (activities and entertainment) that keep us coming back to RCCL, definitely not the dining options.

Call the Jr. Suites a C1 or C2. That's what they really are. But don't do it until after 1/08, so we can get our extra credits on Empress and Jewel.

Also, like we did in the past, can we buy a bottle if liquor in the shoppes and take it back to our cabin? Limit it to one per cruise, if necessary, or sell it only on the first day.

Rick and Deirdra

Just curious..........

Everyone keeps saying they'd like the rules to be enforced. My question: Which rules are we talking about?? :confused:

(obviously, they were rules being broken that I didn't notice!) :p

Kids under 16 in the Solarium.

Chair saving

Curfew for kids

These are just some.

Just curious..........

Everyone keeps saying they'd like the rules to be enforced. My question: Which rules are we talking about?? :confused:

(obviously, they were rules being broken that I didn't notice!) :p

Can't speak for anyone else, but just a few that I would include:

1)chair 'hogging'

2)children in the solarium, and other adult-only venues

3)babies/toddlers not yet potty-trained in the pools and/or hot tubs

4)out-of-control, disruptive behavior from any individual or group.

My kids hardly went in the pools because of the salt water! :(

I just have to ask what your kids did when you went to the beach on any of the islands your cruise ship visited? :confused: Did they manage to swim in that gross sea water or do they only swim in those freshwater pools that are so heavily chlorinated that you can smell the chlorine long before you are in sight of the pool? Do you like what that chlorine does to the colors of your swimsuits and the taste of chlorine when you get a mouthful?:rolleyes:

I just have to ask what your kids did when you went to the beach on any of the islands your cruise ship visited? :confused: Did they manage to swim in that gross sea water or do they only swim in those freshwater pools that are so heavily chlorinated that you can smell the chlorine long before you are in sight of the pool? Do you like what that chlorine does to the colors of your swimsuits and the taste of chlorine when you get a mouthful?:rolleyes:

Actually, I was a swimmer through college, so chlorine doesn't bother me at all. ;) As for the kids, they are fine with salt water in the ocean (though, they aren't really beach kids at heart), but in the pool, they'd opt for good ole chlorine or bromine (I think that's what our pools use) anyday! :)

Can't speak for anyone else, but just a few that I would include:

1)chair 'hogging'

2)children in the solarium, and other adult-only venues

3)babies/toddlers not yet potty-trained in the pools and/or hot tubs

4)out-of-control, disruptive behavior from any individual or group.

No wonder I didn't notice..... :p I didn't see ANY chair hogging - at least not when there weren't lots of other chairs available, I never really saw kids in the solarium (though I didn't hang out in there myself - too hot!), and I didn't go in the pools or hot tubs, so didn't see any babies or toddlers. As for anyone out of control, didn't see that either. Guess I lucked out! :D

Well, I'm sure this won't be very popular, but I would love to see all cabins "non-smoking". Sadly, I am very sensitive to smoke and it affects me dramatically, to the point where my eyes water and my throat closes up if I am near smoke. I can't sit in a restaurant where smoking is allowed, and I am sensitive to "stale" smoke, such as in a hotel room or cruise ship cabin from the previous guests. I wish I could tolerate it, but my body won't let me. :(

I understand it would be chaos, and totally unfair to smokers... but if this is a wish thread, that would be mine. :)

Yes, it is 1:00 AM.

We had read about the 1AM curfew prior to our cruise last week on the Mariner but were never able to find it printed on the daily compasses or the 15-17 year old compasses. We did impose the 1AM curfew on our som but I wish Fuel would have closed at 1AM instead of going much later everynight. A little consistency from RCL would help.

I have more than one-better Internet prices to reflect the slow connection times and better food in the Windjammers.:D

Hey, the rate I paid for Internet service on the JOS was significantly better than what was offered on the Carnival Destiny this past week. The Carnival Destiny was so bad for in-cabin service that I didn't bother...I just walked down to the Internet cafe for service. That was really nasty since the Internet Cafe was right next to the Onyx bar and the bartenders and waiters use the end of the bar that was adjacent to the Internet cafe as their little smoking patio and the smoke constantly wafted into the Internet Cafe. But the alternative would have cost me about $100 more than what I did pay. Nasty!

For starters:

We booked a JS guarantee last year. Fine with us. We knew we would get a JS somewhere on the ship. We are diamond (not that it matters) but come to find out that people who had NEVER sailed RCI also booked a JS guarantee and ended up with a GS or OS!! The timing was the same, the prices were the same. Use your head RCI!! If you have a diamond member cruising, don't you think they should have been given the better cabin???

Overall, not a big deal since we got a nice JS to our liking in deck 9, right next to the concierge lounge but I must say it did pi$$ me off since we met people who had never cruised RCI and did the GTY and got an Owners Suite!!

I did bring it up to my TA who said he had no control on how RCI allocates the cabins. He suggested I write a letter, which I did after the cruise, and have never gotten a response. Oh well...we cruised. We still had fun.

Other changes: Sad to say that the experience from my first cruise in '92 was so drastically different from my last this past October. Overall it has gone from an elegant experience to a "free for all'..

I still love RCI, but I'd love them more IF they got their act together!!

Archived