Crocs in the Dining Room?

[quote name='cruisemom42']PCCR is not an actual material, it stands for "proprietary closed-cell resin."

And what is a resin? It's actually a type of plastic:

"Resin" is the common name for a class of casting polymers typically requiring two parts. When the two parts are mixed, they produce a chemical reaction and generate exothermic heat, causing the material to harden and fuse into a solid form. The result is a type of plastic.

(From [URL]http://www.riorondo.com/resinhorse/info/resin.html[/URL])

It's amazing to me what lengths marketers will go to in an attempt to differentiate their product.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

We get it...you don't like Crocs. Moving right along...:rolleyes:

Loved reading this thread.... amazed at some of the responses..... :eek:

While I'm going to pack various shoes to wear the end result is that each day I'm going to wear whatever is comfortable that day regardless of style. That means for me if I'm having a bad foot day then it's going to be my black mary jane crocs on formal night!

Somewhere in this thread someone made the comment about adding rhinestones to their crocs ;) They do make them... check out this [URL="http://www.tillys.com/tillys/variants.aspx?ctlg=020_Girls&prod=124656950&ctg=120_Girls_Acc_080_MoreStuff&parentctg=120_Girls_Acc&rank=29&size=-1"]link[/URL]!

I don't think I'm going to ruin anyones cruise by what shoe choice I or others make. I'm excited about the 5 formal nights we will have on our cruise in December and plans are that my black velvet evening shoes will be the choice for those nights... however as I said.... my back up is going to be my black mary jane crocs. :D

[quote name='infohunter']Loved reading this thread....

amazed at some of the responses..... :eek:

While I'm going to pack various shoes to wear the end result is that each day I'm going to wear whatever is comfortable that day regardless of style.

SAME HERE!!!!

[quote name='PrettyLA']I honestly don't think that CruiseMom was trying to offend anyone, just trying to make people more aware.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that anyone was offended by anything she was saying...I know I wasn't. I thought we were having a friendly discussion ;)

[quote name='cruisemom42']I can't wear flip-flops because of my feet. Sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers. I'm just very aware of foot and shoe issues because of my own. :([/quote]

No worries, no feathers ruffled here. Have you tried any of the cuter crocs styles? The flip flops are really cushy and give me support, and don't make me look like a platypus!:D I do wish that they would make some sleeker styles for us guys.

MAC

[quote name='bakechef']No worries, no feathers ruffled here. Have you tried any of the cuter crocs styles? The flip flops are really cushy and give me support, and don't make me look like a platypus!:D I do wish that they would make some sleeker styles for us guys.

MAC[/QUOTE]

Did you try the Men's Crocs "Crete"? I heard those are great for men, and they don't look overpowering on the foot...

[quote name='Sabrett']Did you try the Men's Crocs "Crete"? I heard those are great for men, and they don't look overpowering on the foot...[/quote]

I got the athens, I think that the crete came out a week after I bought mine. I guess my feet are a bit wide, so they don't look large on my feet. I am going to buy another pair of flip flops, maybe I will try the crete.

MAC

I am not a big fan of the traditional style but DH saw the hydro in all black at Dillards this spring. He tried them on and was sold. We didn't know they were a "water" shoe we just liked the look on him. He has very wide feet and he is not a sandal person but really likes these crocs especially with his knee problems - the crocs really seem to help.

I will be getting one of the "flip flop" styles to take on our cruise next year.

I really am glad to see them come up with other styles.:D

[quote name='love2vacation']I am not a big fan of the traditional style but DH saw the hydro in all black at Dillards this spring. He tried them on and was sold. We didn't know they were a "water" shoe we just liked the look on him. He has very wide feet and he is not a sandal person but really likes these crocs especially with his knee problems - the crocs really seem to help.

I will be getting one of the "flip flop" styles to take on our cruise next year.

I really am glad to see them come up with other styles.:D[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting to get the hydro for a while now, but none of the stores carry them by me, and to buy them online would be $60 with shipping. So, I'm hoping they turn up in a store around here..

[quote name='Keksie']In four cruises I have yet to even notice what footwear the other diners are wearing. I guess I have been lucky that thus far no one has put their feet on the table and subjected me to questionable footwear styles.[/QUOTE]

Chalk one up on the board for Keksie!

That comment was SO funny.

[quote name='gadaboutgal']Just wondering what your thoughts are regarding wearing crocs in the dining room for casual night dinner-maybe with a cute pair of capris or a sundress?[/quote]
Ok, been reading this for awhile and here is my opinion. I would never wear the traditional "beach" crocs in the dining room, w/ capris or w/ a sun dress. I don't own any, nor do I want too, but that is just me. I am not a fan of crocs, perhaps the flip-flop style is not too bad, but the others I don't like. On that note, I too have a foot problem, broke a bone in my foot into 3 peices, so I am picky about what I wear. I can wear strappy shoes for a little while, and usually slip them off when I am seated, gives them a rest that way. I do wear flip-flops almost everyday and I will wear them in the dining room, they are not the little rubber ones from "Old Navy," but rather they are from Macy's. Some people will argue that they are not even flip-flops, however they do go between the big toe, so to me they are. You asked for an opinion about crocs in the dining room or w/ various outfits, to me the answer would be no.

I vowed that I'd never wear a pair of Crocs. Long story short I had an unexpected heart attack at a fairly young age 4 months ago and had residual discomfort in the groin area where they made the incision. It's been hard for me to wear a heal since then. I bought a pair of Mary Jane style Crocs and I love them. I am able to walk without that pulling feeling in my groin. For the first time since the heart surgery I felt totally comfortable. I even wore them last week as my water shoe while cave tubing in Belize:) I did wear them in the dining room on casual night and they looked fine with the pants and capri's I wore. Of course they weren't bright colored. I went with the black. I am not saying I think they are attractive but they have been great for me. The ones I have had much smaller holes.

[IMG]http://www.surfanddirt.com/nofear/assets/product_images/PAAAAADLOCKGAOEC.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Redsoxfan11']I vowed that I'd never wear a pair of Crocs. Long story short I had an unexpected heart attack at a fairly young age 4 months ago and had residual discomfort in the groin area where they made the incision. It's been hard for me to wear a heal since then. I bought a pair of Mary Jane style Crocs and I love them. I am able to walk without that pulling feeling in my groin. For the first time since the heart surgery I felt totally comfortable. I even wore them last week as my water shoe while cave tubing in Belize:) I did wear them in the dining room on casual night and they looked fine with the pants and capri's I wore. Of course they weren't bright colored. I went with the black. I am not saying I think they are attractive but they have been great for me. The ones I have had much smaller holes.
[/quote]

I am definitely [U]not[/U] a fan of crocs...but I do think it's great that so many people with foot problems have been able to find relief in them. I can't imagine dealing with foot pain, so whatever works for you...croc on. ;)

Well said, Patrice1. This is a vacation, relaxation -- not a fashion show. Other than formal nights, what one wears to the dining room is their business. I could care less about what others wear. Crocs, or other items in the dining room will not ruin my cruise experience.

Enjoy everyone -- don't sweat the small stuff!!
Mickyliz

[quote name='patrice1'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]BTW, Crocs now make a lovely little ballet slipper in glittery gold or silver and black. Check them out![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
I know!! I like the cotton pink ones...check out the primas on the crocs site...I think they are cute...now would I wear them in the Dining room on caual nights? I will know after I get them in the mail and see how cute/ comfy they are. I personally wear Marlins, a brand similar to crocs, and I wear them most everywhere. ( I do wear cute sandels or closed shoes to formal nights)
to the OP... Only you can decide if you want to wear them or not. What someone wears or doesn't wear, will not make or break my cruise.

I own two pairs of Sassaris in black/white and fuschia/white and they are incredibly comfortable even though they have heels... in fact they are the only pair of heels I can wear all day and never notice :)

They do look very nice with sundresses and capris, but you can still wear them by the pool in a bathing suit without giving off the hussy look normally associated with swimsuits and high heels.

Are they appropriate for the dining room? On Carnival, yes. On Cunard, no way. I think Primas are probably fine as well on the mass lines, since they are in essence a ballet slipper.

Let me preface this post by saying I do NOT mean it to be offensive, but I have a question. I'm not a small woman, so please know I'm not ripping on anyone.

I personally think the crocs are horrible ugly. I've never tried them on, so have no idea if they are comfortable or not. But I have been seeing more and more woman wearing them at work. So they obviously do have redeeming qualities! :) What I've noticed though is that the only woman wearing them are very much overweight. Like 100+ pounds overweight. It almost has become a mission for me to see a skinny gal wearing them. I haven't yet. Is this because they are so comfortable? Since I've gained 50 pounds due to medical issues, I've developed heel problems, and occasional ankle and knee pain. Are the crocs helpful for that?

Again, I do NOT mean to offend anyone. Thanks!

I don't own any crocs and have no intention of buying any. The thought of rubber or plastic shoes, have no appeal. They remind me of the jelly shoes we wore to the beach.

I wear casual sandals to the dining room on nonformal nights. They look nice & feel great.

Just my opinion.

Barb

LoriLinay, why does your signature say you never met a shoe you didn't love and then you say that Crocs are "horrible ugly?" Regardless, Crocs are worn by millions of people of all sizes, ages and definitely both genders. I'm a frequent guest at Disney World and can testify that people from all over the world wear Crocs! Either that or they're giving them out for free at the gates -- something I've certainly never witnessed.:rolleyes:

As for your questions about the comfort of Crocs, MANY people wear them because they are very well cushioned, making long periods of walking and standing much easier. If fitted properly (which is loosely,) Crocs apply no pressure to the feet, which gives relief to people suffering from a wide range of foot & toe maladies. Many podiatrists and other doctors recommend Crocs for their patients. Most Crocs models are well ventilated, all are easily washable and they come in a great range of sizes. And now there are so many models of Crocs available that even the pickiest of skeptics should be able to find a style that is acceptable. Just this week I received my order of Crocs "Primas" in the mail and feel they will be perfectly acceptable to any fashionistas I encounter on the formal nights of my fall cruises.

[quote name='LoriLinay']\
It almost has become a mission for me to see a skinny gal wearing them. I haven't yet.[/QUOTE]

I am a size 4 (I don't know if that qualifies me as skinny but I am not 100 lbs overweight) and I love my crocs.

dak,

I've never met a croc on my foot. So I can't say I love them, yet.;) And I know people that some might say are ugly, but I love them. he-he....

I'm in the midwest and they just seem to be appearing now. From this thread it sure sounds like they've been all the rage for some time. The only ones I've seen have been colors that weren't really appealing to me personally. But I've never really looked into them. Sounds like the ones that we are seeing here, aren't the only ones out there. (Maybe only the ugly ones have arrived!!!!)

Thanks for the comfort info!

Archived