cc vs veranda cabins

I&J Cruisers

We're looking at booking Millennium next January. Have been on one Celebrity cruise several years ago. What's the deal with the cc cabins? The brochure is very vague. Is there any differencein the size of the cabin or balcony? Any difference in the balcony furnishings? What are the perks they are talking about? They mention flowers, champagne,a massaging showerhead and more? What is more and is it worth the difference in price which really isn't significant but I hate to pay them for perks that I couldn't care less about. Help!

We're looking at booking Millennium next January. Have been on one Celebrity cruise several years ago. What's the deal with the cc cabins? The brochure is very vague. Is there any differencein the size of the cabin or balcony? Any difference in the balcony furnishings? What are the perks they are talking about? They mention flowers, champagne,a massaging showerhead and more? What is more and is it worth the difference in price which really isn't significant but I hate to pay them for perks that I couldn't care less about. Help!

Yes, on the Millennium Class ships the CC cabins are bigger...191 sq. ft. vs. 170 in verandah classes. Except for a few select CC cabins on Penthouse deck and aft CC cabins, balconies are virtually the same size. The amenities are a mixed bag. Expanded breakfast menu, nice. Afternoon hors d'ouevres, a waste of time. Shower head, toiletries, OK, no big deal. Nicer robes. Pillow menu that you rarely see.

Really depends on the price and the cabin locations. $10 -$15 pp per day more is a no brainer in our mind. Sometimes, though, the premium for CC is really pricey (like $50 pp extra per day) and we would pass.

You can find the whole amenity list here.

When we cruise with other family members we usually book less expensive cabins so everyone can be close by, no matter whether they want inside, outside, or balconies, but when we cruise alone, we love the CC cabins and amenities.

It might seem frivolous for some people but those few extras you get in CC really make me feel more pampered and special, and that's one of the reasons I love cruising!

If you enjoy breakfast on the veranda - then 1 extreme perk is the the expanded room service menu for CC.

On port days we would get the fixins and make our own egg muffin sandwich. Fruit smoothies - yum :D

Deal breaker perk for me is the pillow menu. I only use feather pillows at home - and foam pillows regardless of quality do NOT work - Goose feather pillows at once.

Afternoon canapes - we don't like the standard canapes so much - so asked for a cheese and cracker tray - plus the fruit (standard for CC) and you have a nice afternoon pick me up while resting for dinner. :p

The shower head - the towels - flowers - Nice - but not deal busters for me.

Do you tip each time one of the CC's included amenities is delivered to your CC stateroom?

Anytime our regular steward delivered something I didn't tip him, because I knew we would get him his tip all at once at the end of the cruise, but if someone other than our steward delivered something we would tip them on delivery.

I paid approx $300 more pp for CC on Constellation for my New England/Canada cruise in Sept/Oct '06. We had one of the Sweet cabins on deck 6 nestled between a Royal Suite and a Sky Suite, so the teak balcony was huge to line up with the suite balconies. We had cushions for the chairs on the balcony. The extra 1 1/2 - 2 feet in the room was really noticeable to us as it held all our luggage out of the walkway.

The welcome bottle of champagne was nice. We ordered orange juice for breakfast and had mimosas on our balcony. We nursed that bottle for 5 days and it never lost it bubbles. We through the last glass out as a fruit fly had gotten into it, and we really didn't want to share it with him.

My friend liked the little opera binoculars so well, she called and ordered a pair to keep. The huge gulf umbrella was nice in Halifax and Quebec, as it was pouring rain. The robes were so plush and warm sitting on that cold balcony. The pillows were comfy, as well as the beds. We liked the matching thicker towels and bath mats. The massage shower head was heavenly. And we liked the little bottles of shampoo, lotion, etc versus the dispenser on the wall type. The fresh flowers daily were a nice little touch. We had a bowl of fresh fruit daily on the little table. We didn't care for the canapes, so asked for cheese and crackers. Our steward presented us each with a plate of cheese and crackers with a few grapes and apple slices. Nicely presented. We were supposed to have priorty tendering, but the one port (Bar Harbor) that we tendered in, it didn't matter when you got to the theater, it was such a mad house and so chaotic, nobody got priority tendering. But we felt really pampered and special, it was my birthday, so I splurged. But now I fear it has spoiled me for just a regular balcony cabin. I keep thinking of the CC cabin 6143 and yearning for that treat again.

But it has to be said, honestly, that those cabins were "always" there. They are a little larger (but they always were), but many people did not want to reserve them because they were so far aft, so Celebrity came up with a (clever) way to increase perceived value. I personally like all the CC perks, but we try to reserve the famous aft balconies so that is just an added bonus. People have criticized the quality of the afternoon hors d'oevres, but hey, if someone's knocking on my door with free food I'm a happy camper. I thought the robes were a little heavy for the Caribbean, but am looking forward to them in Europe. We also enjoyed the champagne, the flowers, the fruit, etc.

Archived