Need Info On Simon Weir Cruise Director

pa.cruisers

If anyone could give me info. on Simon Weir, from what I read on early posts this year he is contracted with Celebrity. WE used to sail with the best cruise director ever,his name was Nick Weir an Austrlian. Does anyone know if they are related. He also did an Old Mc Donalds Farm that was the best. Any info would be appreciated..

Thank to anyone who can help.

Simon was our CD on the 4/16/04 Summit sailing. He was wonderful: friendly, witty, funny and very visible all around the ship. We hope he'll still be around for our next cruise in April, 2005!

:) Jill :)

Nick was indeed his brother, he is a part time cruise director for X. He fills in when X needs him. Sailed with him last September on the Century.

Simon is a full time CD on the Summit have sailed with him there and on the Galaxy, his wife is the dance instructor on the ship. They are just a blast to be around.

Both Nick and Simon do a skit with old McDonald's Farm they picked up from their father.

By the way, Hi Jill

Thanks one and all for the info. on Simon. We are on the Summit 2/05,hope he is aboard. If he is any thing like his brother it will be a blast. We first met Nick Weir in 92 on our first cruise,we sailed with him 7 times he was one of the reasons we enjoyed cruising from the start. We were on his last cruise in 99 when he left for England to host a tv or as they say the telly show. Still have a copy of his audition tape he used to get the job. I was the butt of several of his jokes,and performed several times as part of his barnyard. He also ran the legendary Roman Night for Costa.

Thanks Again for your info.

Simon gets my vote for the best cd. He went out of his way for people, always personable and easy to talk to and never put anyone off.

It was a pleasure to sail with him. Don't know who'll be the cd on Millinuim but if that person is 1/2 as good we're in luck.

Larry

How many vacations does he get? When we were on Summit in March Simon was on vacation. Don Fluke filled in and he was great. You shouldn't have a problem if Don is still on the ship.

• 5 months later...

Hello there!!

Somebody directed my attention to this message here on the famous Cruise Critic message boards.

I have no idea how this works so I am just going to write something and hope the "pa. cruisers" somehow get the message.

I just wanted to say how happy I am that you remember me as a part of your cruise experiences at Costa. I had a great time working for them back in the nineties. That company played a big part in my ability to get some TV work in the United Kingdom. They were very flexible and had a desire to try new things in entertainment. The "Roman Night" was a very special evening every week. Anything could happen and it often did !!! I created it with a chap called Michael Houpt who was my very capable assistant in those days. If you remember, it took place on the last night of the cruise and was a great way to end a cruise.

So, you were a part of the "Mac Farm" routine huh? Which animal? I hope it didn't hurt !!! And you have an audition tape of mine? That's great !! I remember that.... it was called "The Wacky World Of Nick Weir". It worked for me too.... I ended up presenting a number of Game shows on British TV!! Some were better than others. The best one is called "Catchphrase". It's a popular show that I watched when I was a kid!! I was very honoured to be given the job of hosting it a few years back. It still goes out nationally and a run of shows was transmitted during the Holiday period recently.

I still do some cruise directing. I have a great relationship with Celebrity Cruises. My Brother Simon (who is even better at the job than me) is a full time C.D. with them. When they have a need for someone to cover the position I am happy to say they call me. It works out well as I am only able to do a few weeks at a time. The last time I went out was on the Galaxy last summer in the Med. I love that ship!

So, again, thank you for the kind words. I am flattered you remember my antics and hope we will cruise together again some time in the future.

Keep enjoying the high seas!!

Best Wishes

Nick Weir

Hello Nick,

We started this post back in Aug. of 04 asking about you and your brother. Great to see you are alive and kicking. We did about 10 cruises with you and Costa,we did your last week on the Victoria when you got the call to England. That toga nite went till maybe 1or 2 if I remember. You also gave us your wacky world tape,stillplay it when we need a good laugh. I played the cow,remember the disembarkation when you paged the man who played the pig (oink oink) Hope we meet up with you again,you're theone that got us hooked on this cruising thing. Still also have our picture with you from formal nite,we were all a lot younger and less gray!

Hail Ceaser The Hordes Are At The Gate!

Mike & Cathy Pa. Cruisers

post anytime you're welcome on thi board!!!

Nick, you sound almost as insane as your brother (who is incidentally one of the nicest guys around)! Glad to see you here!

Tell Simon to get his little Brit backside over here to say hello too. His adoring slavering fans are waiting with bared fangs...uh, make that wide grins!

Linda

We were on the Infinity in Dec and Simon was our CD. My siser in law and I every year in Dec, go shopping eat lunch, and watch White Christmas eating Christmas cookies. Well this year we were going to be on the cruise, so I brought my copy of the movie with us. Well we didn't have a VCR or a DVD player in our cabin so we asked Simon if there was some place where we could watch it to keep our tradition going. He said he would get back to us. Well he did and he had it shown in the Celebrity Theater so others could enjoy it too!! It was a full house and so many people came up to me and thanked me and there were even a few tears shed. I had Simon sign my DVD! My SIL and I went shopping in the Emporium, had lunch, and then to the movie. We saw our asst. waiter in the Oceanview Cafe, and he went and found us some cookies! One of the highlights of our cruise!! Thanks Simon!!

Mike and Cathy,

Hey.... this 'Cruise Critic' site is great !!! So much to read.

Nice to hear from you.

You are right, the "Roman Night" sometimes carried on untill 2:00am or even later !! Once, just to see if it could be done, we kept it going thru our arrival in Ft Lauderdale !! Some guests disembarked in their togas !!! Great times huh? The Roman nights live on in our memories now. If you weren't there you would never get it!! A three hour extravaganza to finish up the cruise... and all done AFTER the famous comment forms were handed back in. (which gave us a certain "artistic feedom", shall we say?)

Anyway, I think Celebrity is a great cruise line. I enjoy working for them very much. My Brother is doing very well with them. He is down in South America at the moment on Infinity. I am thinking about joining him there in a couple of weeks for the last cruise back up thru the Canal. Can you imagine TWO WEIRS at the same time !!!???!!!

Anyway, Hey.... by the way, I would be happy to send you some updated video of the last few years of craziness. On DVD now !! Do you have a player?

OK... gotta go.

Bye for now

Keep enjoying the high seas !!!!

Regards

Nick

P.S. "THE ROMANS ARE OUTSIDE THE THEATRE!!!!"

P.P.S Can anyone tell me how you actually start a thread?

Hi Nick and Simon, I have never met you but after reading this thread I feel as I know you both:D

Oh wait, it is only Nick who replied;)

I haven't had the pleasure of sailing when either of you were the CD's. Maybe one day I will be so lucky.

At the top of this page there is a field that says "New Thread". Click on it and put a title there, then below in the box type about your subject.

Archived