Robes

We we were on Mariner in May, I was booked with my SIL (for booking only) who is a diamond so there were robes in the room. They are a white terry cloth robe about knee length. Hubby and are both of a 'healthy' size and they fit. I guess we're going to have to ask for them on the next cruise (anyone know if/how much they cost?).

Erika

This is what is on the Gifts and Gear section of rccl.com There is another one that mentions full length for $80.

Terry Robe $50.00 USD Item# 464

Our classic-cut terry robe with embroidered three-color logo is just what you need for relaxing mornings or while getting ready for dinner. One size.

We we were on Mariner in May, I was booked with my SIL (for booking only) who is a diamond so there were robes in the room. They are a white terry cloth robe about knee length. Hubby and are both of a 'healthy' size and they fit. I guess we're going to have to ask for them on the next cruise (anyone know if/how much they cost?).

Erika

From RCI's gift and gear section

Luxury Robe $80.00 USDItem# 465

This full-length terry waffle robe with rich velour collar and cuffs will make you feel like royalty. It's embroidered with a navy logo and an elegant navy blue rope trim.

Terry Robe $50.00 USDItem# 464

Our classic-cut terry robe with embroidered three-color logo is just what you need for relaxing mornings or while getting ready for dinner. One size.

From RCI's gift and gear section

Luxury Robe $80.00 USDItem# 465

This full-length terry waffle robe with rich velour collar and cuffs will make you feel like royalty. It's embroidered with a navy logo and an elegant navy blue rope trim.

Terry Robe $50.00 USDItem# 464

Is this to buy them or use them for the cruise? If it's to buy, can regular Gold C&A members request them?

Erika

Is this to buy them or use them for the cruise? If it's to buy, can regular Gold C&A members request them?

Erika

That was to buy them. You can ask your room steward for one to use while on the cruise. If they have any available they will let you use them for free.

If you are going to buy them, personally, I liked the terry cloth one better. At one point I weighted 215 lbs and I had not problem fitting into it. It is a 'one size fits all' but it is a good size!

That was to buy them. You can ask your room steward for one to use while on the cruise. If they have any available they will let you use them for free.

If you are going to buy them, personally, I liked the terry cloth one better. At one point I weighted 215 lbs and I had not problem fitting into it. It is a 'one size fits all' but it is a good size!

Thanks for the info. I will ask my room steward if I can use one on my next cruise. I didn't even know I could do that.

Thanks for the info. I will ask my room steward if I can use one on my next cruise. I didn't even know I could do that.

You are quite welcome. As a platinum member, they should be in our cabin when you get there. If it isn't, just ask your steward.

Hi fellow cruisers:

Every time I see the robe issue I can't resist posting. Can not believe after my 18 years or so cruising that Royal caribbean still holds the robe issue as a big bonus for platium & diamond. Even CARNIVAL gives robes to all balcony rooms of which is over 80% on most of the 90,000 ton class or larger regardless if it's your first cruise or your twentiest. I think they can spring for a robe for the week . Maybe we can turn our johnny rockets coupons in for one! Do people on their 1st cruise still get to have towels or do they have to drip dry and wait to be a gold.:) :)

Our last cruise we we're platinum and just asked for them and they was there the next time we came back to our room...but tell you the truth not really a big deal for me....when I don't have a balcony room...we had a PR room so it didn't really make a difference for me. I think their nice when you have the balcony.

Robes will not automatically be waiting in your room when you are Platinum or higher. Almost every time we have had to request them from out steward. On our last Majesty cruise, which was only a four day cruise, we asked every day and finally got them the THIRD DAY!

Once you are Platinum you do receive the robes, but if you don't have them by the first night, keep asking. As the poster above said RCI make syou wait until you are Platinum to even get robes in your cabin, so you ahve more than earned them. Insist that you be given them.

Also your Platinum coupon books may not come automatically either. If you don't have your coupon books by the first night, be sure to ask for them also.

Archived