NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Talk to your CC people.

I think your points will be automatically redeposited.

When your booking is cancelled they will default back to your account. When they used them you should have gotten an email real quick from managerewardsonline.com . They run branded redemption which manages your points

Same should happen when cancelling.

Steve

When your booking is cancelled they will default back to your account. When they used them you should have gotten an email real quick from managerewardsonline.com .

They run branded redemption which manages your points

Same should happen when cancelling.

Steve

I agree.

Hmmm, when I redeemed mine in January, they told me they were non refundable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you had a promo, they are fully refundable. Person who told you that does not know what they are talking about.

The proper way to redeem is to use the phone number and item number from the choices off the reward website. These are the people who know whats going on.

Hi guys- I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I didn't make it through all 197 pages of FAQ :eek:. (Sorry)

I have 23K+ points. Can I redeem and use two 1x certificates at one time to use as OBC?

I suppose my other alternative is to wait till after the cruise in 3 weeks, when a few more points post, and then redeem for the $250 statement credit

Hi guys- I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I didn't make it through all 197 pages of FAQ :eek:. (Sorry)

I have 23K+ points. Can I redeem and use two 1x certificates at one time to use as OBC?

I suppose my other alternative is to wait till after the cruise in 3 weeks, when a few more points post, and then redeem for the $250 statement credit

Yes.

Reward levels are

$100

$200

$250

$500

$1000

Yes.

Reward levels are

$100

$200

$250

$500

$1000

From your Bank of America account

Go to “review my rewards” and/or click on the “REWARDS” tab

Then go to the redeem my rewards tab

Then click on the CASH tab

You will find that you need at least 25,000 points to get $250.00

(the best value)

• 3 weeks later...

Over a year ago we booked a 7 day cruise entirely using points. Then, a couple of weeks later, NCL cancelled that cruise. So, we booked another cruise. Again, NCL cancelled that cruise. Things just got crazy at this point and we sold our house, my husband got a new job and we moved out of state. We had zero time to sit down and plan yet a third cruise.

In our case, even though NCL cancelled the cruises, the points did not automatically go back on our card. We finally scheduled a cruise for next month and NCL transferred the points back to our card and then applied them to the new cruise.

They didn't have any problem crediting us back the well over 300,000 points. So, free spa balcony on the Getaway!

• 2 weeks later...
Are you saying if I have 15,000 points I won't be able to get $150 OBC? In speaking with an NCL rep it sounded like 15,000 would get me $150 in OBC.

Currently that is correct. $50 increment is not an option thru the online choices. But a statement credit of $150 is.

I have known people who have gotten the $50 increment so if you get someone on the phone who is knowledgeable you probably could get it.

Steve

Can someone please confirm what I've heard about the OBC from CC points?

1. It's not refundable (unlike RCCL where I walked up to guest services and walked away with cash)

2. It cannot be used for DSC-- heard this somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is non refundable (sort of) If you are on a B2B You are not getting cash at the end. The DSC is another question. I have had it go both ways at the weeks start. When you look up your account on board there is 2 types of credits refundable and not.

I would not chance it. If you are not sure your other charges will exceed the credit, opt for a statement credit. Either way you get the value.

Steve

It is non refundable (sort of) If you are on a B2B You are not getting cash at the end. The DSC is another question. I have had it go both ways at the weeks start. When you look up your account on board there is 2 types of credits refundable and not.

I would not chance it. If you are not sure your other charges will exceed the credit, opt for a statement credit. Either way you get the value.

Steve

It's only worth the same amount if you're redeeming at least 25,000 points. OBC is at 1% regardless of the amount, but cash is only 1% when you're redeeming 25K.

We just received, activated and made the first purchase on the card. My statement cutoff is 12/15. When should I expect to see the 10,000 bonus points? Literature on the card said bonus points take 8-12 weeks to post. Does it really take that long? An NCL rep said it's more like shortly after the statement cuts you'll see the bonuses.

Second question, assuming the point are posted by 1/1, will I be able to use 10,000 to reduce my final payment on a cruise that is due 1/1? I know secondarily I can get 100 OBC for my April cruise, but $100 less for the cruise is better IMO.

Thank you!

We just received, activated and made the first purchase on the card. My statement cutoff is 12/15. When should I expect to see the 10,000 bonus points? Literature on the card said bonus points take 8-12 weeks to post. Does it really take that long? An NCL rep said it's more like shortly after the statement cuts you'll see the bonuses.

Second question, assuming the point are posted by 1/1, will I be able to use 10,000 to reduce my final payment on a cruise that is due 1/1? I know secondarily I can get 100 OBC for my April cruise, but $100 less for the cruise is better IMO.

Thank you!

As a long time follower of this thread,

I suggest that you just take your time, and take the $100 cash-back when it becomes available.

It's worth more than, when and if, you use your points for on-board credit.

(NCL representatives are always queued to tell you to use your points for on-board credit)

You can use your cash to buy more points.:)

Edited by $hip$hape

I don't recall exactly how long it took for the bonus points to post, but it was nowhere near 8 weeks for me. IIRC it wasn't even a month. :D

I don't recall exactly how long it took for the bonus points to post, but it was nowhere near 8 weeks for me. IIRC it wasn't even a month. :D

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. We really only got the card to get some OBC for the Transatlantic but $100 off the final payment would be nice too!

Can someone still answer whether I'll be able to redeem the 10K points for a $100 credit on my final payment? The cruise was already booked when we got the card, so I'm just looking at the options now.

As a long time follower of this thread,

I suggest that you just take your time, and take the $100 cash-back when it becomes available.

It's worth more than, when and if, you use your points for on-board credit.

(NCL representatives are always queued to tell you to use your points for on-board credit)

You can use your cash to buy more points.:)

Thanks for the response. I really needed to know about the timelines of the posting of the bonus and whether we'd be able to use 10K towards our final payment. The cruise was deposited prior to getting the CC.

We won't use this card much at all, so we won't wait to get 25,000 to cash. We'll get the OBC or the final payment reduction if possible to get the full 1% benefit.

Edited by Native Floridian 26