NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Thanks for the response. I really needed to know about the timelines of the posting of the bonus and whether we'd be able to use 10K towards our final payment. The cruise was deposited prior to getting the CC.

We won't use this card much at all, so we won't wait to get 25,000 to cash. We'll get the OBC or the final payment reduction if possible to get the full 1% benefit.

Yes you can use it for $100 off the cruise. Keep in mind if you charge $1000 in 1st 90 days you get a 5000 point bonus.

I would suggest you just convert it to a statement credit because you get 3 poins for every NCL charge. So charge the cruise, get triple points then redeem it all for a statement credit :D

Steve

WorldPoints Rewards

Are you able to use multiple rewards on the same booking? i.e. I use 157,900 points for a 7 day Caribbean cruise for 2 and then use 2 x 40,000 points to get the third and fourth guest to sail "free" (aside from taxes and port charges)?

Do you also need to pay with the NCL credit card for the balance that is owing if you do redeem points for other things such as the example above or for OBC?

Thanks!

I can't answer most of your questions, but I don't believe you have to pay off the balance with your NCL credit card. However, doing so would award you with triple points.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I've decided that I won't be using the BofA card anymore after I exhaust the points accumulated since the rewards are quite restrictive. I've decided the UR points from Chase are more to my liking and the card I have also provides 3% back on all travel purchases and not just NCL.

WorldPoints Rewards

Are you able to use multiple rewards on the same booking? i.e. I use 157,900 points for a 7 day Caribbean cruise for 2 and then use 2 x 40,000 points to get the third and fourth guest to sail "free" (aside from taxes and port charges)?

Do you also need to pay with the NCL credit card for the balance that is owing if you do redeem points for other things such as the example above or for OBC?

Thanks!

yes and redeem any more for OBC and or statement credit.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I've decided that I won't be using the BofA card anymore after I exhaust the points accumulated since the rewards are quite restrictive. I've decided the UR points from Chase are more to my liking and the card I have also provides 3% back on all travel purchases and not just NCL.

The rewards are worth it if you use them for meta upgrades on longer cruises.

I redeemed 30,000 points for $6000 in value back in August.

Steve

The rewards are worth it if you use them for meta upgrades on longer cruises.

I redeemed 30,000 points for $6000 in value back in August.

Steve

I have over 30,000 points,, I booked a family ocean view... what kind of cabin can I upgrade to using my points... ($6,000?) can I put it towards a Haven catogory?

I have over 30,000 points,, I booked a family ocean view... what kind of cabin can I upgrade to using my points... ($6,000?) can I put it towards a Haven category?

You cannot put it towards a Haven:o

Also, if you have already booked, you would have to cancel and re-book to use your points.

With 30,00 points you can book (pay for) a inside cabin and upgrade to an Oceanview ,

or Oceanview to Balcony upgrade (Single meta upgrade)

To redeem your WorldPoints points for Norwegian products, please call 1-866-954-4077.

Points must be redeemed prior to sailing for onboard benefits.

https://www.ncl.com/world-points

Edited by $hip$hape

You cannot put it towards a Haven:o

Also, if you have already booked, you would have to cancel and re-book to use your points.

With 30,00 points you can book (pay for) a inside cabin and upgrade to an Oceanview ,

or Oceanview to Balcony upgrade (Single meta upgrade)

To redeem your WorldPoints points for Norwegian products, please call 1-866-954-4077.

Points must be redeemed prior to sailing for onboard benefits.

https://www.ncl.com/world-points

didn't think so, but balcony is like the same price as a OV... and a MS is only a few dollars more, was just wondering how you got 6,000 out of those points

didn't think so, but balcony is like the same price as a OV... and a MS is only a few dollars more, was just wondering how you got 6,000 out of those points

For your cruise, those cabin types are priced similarly. But for others, they are not. We used 30k points to upgrade from oceanview to balcony on an Alaskan cruise where an oceanview is 1100 but a balcony is 1750pp... thus saving $1300.

Edited by TifffanyD

I booked an ocean view on a 40 night Asia cruise back in August for a 2018 cruise. The difference in cost between an OV and a BL was $6000 back then now the pricing has gone wild. An inside is more than what I paid now.:D

You have to keep in mind that it is the length of my cruises which make the difference.

Steve

Edited by mscdivina2016

I have over 30,000 points,, I booked a family ocean view... what kind of cabin can I upgrade to using my points... ($6,000?) can I put it towards a Haven catogory?

No Haven but a Balcony would be doable.

Personally I would book cheapest OV and get a Balcony for 30,000 points.

But I see you might be past final payment so you would get a high catagory Balcony.

Steve

Is there a list that shows you what cat upgrades to what other category when using the meta upgrade."

Cabin types are priced similarly. But for others, they are not. We used 30k points to upgrade from oceanview to balcony on an Alaskan cruise where an oceanview is 1100 but a balcony is 1750pp... thus saving $1300."

I booked OK on the Pearl - can I upgrade that to a balcony... and, if so, which level?

If you booked an inside cabin, you may upgrade.

Inside to Oceanview or Oceanview to Balcony upgrade (Single meta upgrade)

To redeem your WorldPoints points for Norwegian products, call: 1-866-954-4077

Be advised NOT to go with a first choice/offer from the salesperson on-line; take your time in making a decision.

Maybe this will help https://www.ncl.com/world-points

Me thinks there should be a FYI (frequently asked questions) for the Norwegian MasterCard since this thread has grown so large.

Edited by $hip$hape

If you booked an inside cabin, you may upgrade.

To redeem your WorldPoints points for Norwegian products, call: 1-866-954-4077

Be advised NOT to go with a first choice; take your time in making a decision.

Maybe this will help https://www.ncl.com/world-points

Me thinks there should be a FYI (frequently asked questions) for the Norwegian MasterCard since this thread has grown so large.

Sorry, I suppose I wasn't clear.

Right now, I have booked an Oceanview category OK (obstructed).

Which of these balcony categories will they allow me to upgrade to: BX, BB, BC, BD, BA, B2, B3, B1?

Last time I did a cross meta upgrade I had an OX booked and they would only allow an upgrade to a BX.

Edited by TifffanyD

Which of these balcony categories will they allow me to upgrade to: BX, BB, BC, BD, BA, B2, B3, B1?

Last time I did a cross meta upgrade I had an OX booked and they would only allow an upgrade to a BX.

I understand.

Be clever.

Some of the NCL people you talk to don't deal.

WE, for our most recent cruise, booked an inside. Then did a double-meta upgrade(for 60,000 points),

and were told we could choose ANY balcony.:)

We chose the mid-ship BA that we wanted.

Keep calling until you get want u want.

Edited by $hip$hape

I understand.

Be clever.

Some of the NCL people you talk to don't deal.

WE, for our most recent cruise, were told we could choose ANY balcony.:)

Keep calling until you get want u want.

OK - I'll see what I can get and report back. Last time they would not budge.

None.

There is no obstructed Balcony category. You need the standard ocean view room to get a standard Balcony. A port hole room wont do it either. I think your minimum is an OC to get a BD

Steve

Isn't 30,000 points worth $300.00?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

If you want a statement credit then yes 30,000is worth $300. If you want to go from inside to ocean view or ocean view to Balcony, then that costs 30,000 points regardless what the difference in category cost. But use due diligence. If an ocean view is only $200 more than don't use the points. If its $300 or more than use them. The biggest deal is usualy from an ocean view to a balcony and the longer the cruise the better deal. That is why I made out because I got 40 nights worth for 30,000

Steve