Poll: Traditional dining vs anytime dining

Hypo

Poll: Traditional fixed dining vs Anytime open dining  

905 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Traditional fixed dining vs Anytime open dining

• Traditional fixed seating dining
    • Anytime open seating dining

TRADITIONAL ALL THE WAY.... I love the personal treatment...them remembering your name, what you like to drink and eat...etc.....I have never tried another cruise line.. but I have ALWAYS & been happy with RCCL...I know that there are others out there that do a fantastic job...but the value I get from Royal makes me coming back....

Because I think it's important and I stirred it up again.

There was some talk about this being introduced on the EX, which is basically my ship and I wanted to make sure the importance of traditional dining shown by this poll didn't get forgotten or go unnoticed.

You see how bringing it back to the top got several responses in only a few hours.

Why are you guys responding to such an old poll? did you check the date?

I would say a new poll is definitely in order. When this was first put out nobody had really tried My Time on RCI. Now that its been out there and people have I would say you will get a different opinion.

My reaction when this was first posted would have been traditional, but we gave it a try on Freedom last fall and LOVED IT! We didn't have a reserved time and never had to wait for a table. When we were ready they were ready for us. We didn't have the same wait staff every night, more or less went between 2 sets, and each remembered us when we sat at their tables. My 13 year old son was with us and he was treated the same as every other cruise where we had traditional dining.

Personally as long as they continue to offer both tradtional and my time and let the week determine how many go to each type I am all for it. If they start limiting it one way or other people are going to get upset and it will flop.

Just did my first NCL (a 1 nighter so I'm sure it wasn't the same as a regular cruise), but we did not like their freestyle dining. It was much different than RCL's My time.

Before my last cruise 1/9 I would have voted for traditional dining. However, we tried my time and fell in love with it.. For those of you who claim it takes away the formality or the personalness of the wait staff - I must totally disagree. I called for our reservations for 6 of us who met on the cruise and each night we had the same table regardless of what time we dined. We also had the same wait staff and the formality was not compromised. I refuse to eat in the Windjammer for dinner so to those of you who claim that if you'd like MTD you should eat in the WJ I would say please don't shoot those of us willing to step out of the box a little. Each of us should be allowed to enjoy our vacations as we wish not as you think we should.

Good luck and happy sailing to all!:)

It's MyTime dining for DH and me!

We're so afraid of getting stuck with bad tablemates like in those NCL commercials :eek: In fact, that's the ONLY thing we liked about sailing with NCL, so I was THRILLED when RC began testing it. I was finally able to drag DH back on another cruise (he loved RC, but hated traditional dining). The MTD did the trick, and now he's hooked! :D Hopefully it will last!

We're fine sitting with others at breakfast, etc., where we can introduce ourselves and chat for that meal, but a week is a long time with the same people. With anytime dining, we exchange pleasantries with folks at neighboring tables to our heart's content, then we are left to ourselves when eating. :cool:

It's a personal decision, and that's ours. :o

Archived