RCC needs to fix their credit system

OK! I understand new IT systems, needing time to implement etc. There are so many posts on the time lag in posting cruise credits to C& A accounts, I need to raise the issue to RCC again. There are members with months past of credits due to post. We sailed on Navigator in March, credits were posted within 2 weeks. We sailed in June and credits are still not posted. The response from C&A is a new system. YIKES!!!!! What happened? Why no fix?

If your system would not accept new reservations, how quickly would it be fixed?

What about final payments? What would be the timeframe to update that system?

What about reservations for excursions and payment for that? How quickly would that system would be upgraded if there were problems?

RCC has developed a loyalty program that is a base for their business and that needs to be recognized as important as new reservations, ability to

make payments and arrange excursions. If the system you installed for updating cruise credits needs a fix.

Consider it a priority from this Diamond member.:D

I have been waiting since March 26th.

Sue- According to the C&A staff, if you go beyond 90 days, you can call them and your credits should be entered manually. Try that as that is a long time to wait.

Sue- According to the C&A staff, if you go beyond 90 days, you can call them and your credits should be entered manually. Try that as that is a long time to wait.

Whats so important to you about being able to see the credit that doesn't appear yet. It's in the system. Relax.

OK! I understand new IT systems, needing time to implement etc. There are so many posts on the time lag in posting cruise credits to C& A accounts, I need to raise the issue to RCC again. There are members with months past of credits due to post. We sailed on Navigator in March, credits were posted within 2 weeks. We sailed in June and credits are still not posted. The response from C&A is a new system. YIKES!!!!! What happened? Why no fix?

If your system would not accept new reservations, how quickly would it be fixed?

What about final payments? What would be the timeframe to update that system?

What about reservations for excursions and payment for that? How quickly would that system would be upgraded if there were problems?

RCC has developed a loyalty program that is a base for their business and that needs to be recognized as important as new reservations, ability to

make payments and arrange excursions. If the system you installed for updating cruise credits needs a fix.

Consider it a priority from this Diamond member.:D

I've been waiting to see mine update too, from a May cruise. It appears on my list of cruises and just says not credited. While it is bothersome to not be updated it isn't hurting anything just sitting there either. I too am Diamond and after they put in the credits for my Mariner cruise I'll still be Diamond. It doesn't have any impact on anything so it is not worth fretting over.

My May cruise has not been credited(and I am still diamond - no worries), but I think this impacts people that have not been credited and should be moving up to the next level of C & A status. Right? Otherwise, it really doesn't matter if it takes 3 or 4 months?:confused:

As stated previously it can be important to some cruisers - I cruise in 2 weeks on the Rhapsody - I will then be Platinum - cruise again in December on the Voyager - final payment due beginning of October - I have a suite - would like the Platinum discount for Platinum and priority boarding. If my Aug cruise is not posted I am sure it will become an unnecessary ordeal in getting the perks as a Platinum cruiser.

As stated previously it can be important to some cruisers - I cruise in 2 weeks on the Rhapsody - I will then be Platinum - cruise again in December on the Voyager - final payment due beginning of October - I have a suite - would like the Platinum discount for Platinum and priority boarding. If my Aug cruise is not posted I am sure it will become an unnecessary ordeal in getting the perks as a Platinum cruiser.

Same here. Will go to diamond after Sept. cruise. Final payment due in less than two weeks after return. Could use the additional discount. But I would like everthing in place by time of cruise. In the past I have had my credits appear in days. I hope that is the case this time.

I used a TA "Once" and they used my middle initial on the reservation because it's on the passport. RCI reservation database overrides the C&A data system. As some you may know the upgrade over 2 years ago to the reservation system did not include the ability to enter a middle initial. It took them over a year and 9 replacement C&A cards (which they automatically send when a change is made to the C&A system so one had the initial one does not then the rese system put it back then it was taken off etc etc) before they could eliminate the middle initial from the C&A system becuase the rese system had a middle initial, the reservation DB kept updating the C&A, and the online reservation would not macth the C&A number with the name because the two names did not match becuase you couldn't online enter a middle initial. The I.T person did not have the super password to override. So everything had to be changed by the "Your call is important to us, we'll be with you in God knows how long" tele-rep. Now I see they have after 4 cruises added a middle initial to the rese system. Sooooo call C&A and then will update your level even if the credits history is wrong.

Great Cruises - Lousy IT department

Archived