Radiance Of The Seas Questions ?

Hi all,

We will be sailing on the Radiance for our 1st time on the 1/27/08 sailing celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary and my retirement !! This will be our 5th cruise with RCL, but never on this class of ship. We have a few questions : 1) We have a balcony cabin # 7658 in the back of the ship on the 7th deck. The balconies appear to be larger in this area ? Have any of you stayed in these cabins or know about them ? How's the view from them ? It doesn't show a sofa bed in this cabin ? If there isn't a sofa what arrangement to you get ? 2) Have you been to the Seaview Cafe' ? What do they serve ? Any other info would be nice that you would like to pass on... Thanks ! Jimmy and Allie

This class of ship is our favorite, there is glass everywhere for beautiful views no matter where you are.

You definitely have a larger balcony depth-wise. How many people do you have in your room? Your room is only for 2 people, so you might have a small love seat and 1 queen bed which can be separated into two twins if necessary.

The Seaview Cafe is onion rings, hamburgers, etc. I believe.

Can't answer your questions, but can tell you that you will love this class of ship! We have been on Radiance and Seranade. Lots of glass - make sure you take the outside glass elevators, so cool. Just an absolutely gorgeous ship, and at 90,000 tons, really a good size. Different from the Voyager class, but is perfect for what they offer.

Also, make sure you go down to the piano bar where Chops/Portofino's is. It was our favorite place on the ship to have a drink before dinner. DH just loved walking through the "ship's hull" to get there. You will see what I mean when you go down there. Also the only class that has the self adjusting pool tables. We don't play pool, but it was fun to see how they self adjust.

Have fun!

We sailed on the Radiance in October of last year and loved the ship. The staff and service was great. Sorry can't answer your question about the cabin.

The Seaview Cafe is a very nice spot near the back of the ship away from everything that serves those in between meals, burgers, chicken fingers, etc, their hours vary.

We were in 7164 and 7166 in June for the Alaska sailing on Radiance. The balconies were awesome, about twice the depth of the others. The only view obstruction was directly below-no biggie! We never tried to open the small sofa up to see if it had a bed hidden in it or not. The only complaint about the room that I had was the noise below us on some nights. We did not participate in 60's night, but heard it until 1:00 a.m. just fine!

The Seaview cafe was our favorite eating place, it was usually fairly slow and had great Clam Chowder in Bread Bowls. I don't know if they always offer this or if it is Alaska specific. Hubby had the onion rings and said they were great also.

Congrats on the anny and retirement! Have a great cruise!

The Seaview Cafe is on deck 12 toward the aft. The best way to access it is go to the Windjammer on deck 11 and use the stairs at the back up to 12. The menu includes various salads, nachos, brownies, soups, and sandwiches, as well as the above mentioned items. The rueben sandwich is great and enough for 2. The onion rings are my faves. Your daily Compass will show times the Seaview is open. It various daily, but usually includes a lunch time on sea days, and late night most nights.

You have picked a great ship for your retirement (congratulations) and your anniversary (congratulations).

We spent 15 days on the Radiance last October for a full transit of the Panama Canal. Great ship and great staff. Any further questions and I'll be happy to try and answer them.

I will be sailing with you on that cruise. My boyfriend and I will be taking our only vacation in the last 4 years together! It is my second cruise (took one in 2000 on Sovereign) and his first! I've never been on before but I did a search here for Radiance and read EVERY post! Can you tell I'm excited?

We are doing the parasailing in Key West and the Tree Top Canopy Tour in Montego Bay. Have you booked any excursions yet? We noticed there was only two other time slots left for the Canopy Tour when we booked. I guess it fills fast. A lot of people book with outside vendors, but being our first cruise we didn't want the chance of getting separated or 'going it alone'!

See you there!

Melody:D

Hi Melody,

Glad to see were all on the same cruise ! What is the Tree Top Canopy Tour ? We had planned on heading to Negril for a little shopping, little exploring, and a little partying at Margartiaville, but you excursion sounds interesting ? Jimmy and Allie :)

:eek: I'm afraid of heights but really want an adventure on this vacation! Here is the link - hope it works! http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000r0D3LEmi6JmrUKA_u9lvW3R:10ktmf05t?ProductCode=MJ38&DestinationCode=CARIB&sourcePage=shorexByTypePortDest&ActivityTypeId=2

If not, it is an excursion where you do a traverse tour through the treetops. You are buckled in a harness and slide across ravines of varying length and height by a hand cable pulley type thing. Sounds crazy but fun!

My husband & I went on the Brilliance of the Seas, back in 2004 and Oct of 2008 we are booked on the Radiance for a 15 day Hawaii RT and can not wait to board the Radiance Class again. Simply gorgeous. Two days went by before we noticed the Sea View and loved it.

RADIANCE OF THE SEAS, HAWAII OCTOBER 11, 2008-SAN DIEGO

You should have a regular "dining size" table on the aft balcony. The side balconies only have the little "patio" tables--not really suitable for dining. They will maybe hold a drink or two--not big enough for plates!

4bythebeach,

Thanks for all of your info ! *** You said the balconies are much deeper then the standard ones. Is there a nice size table on it. We want to enjoy breakfast out there, but they say the tables are small on most balconies ??

The table was the same size as the others we have had on balconies. (unfortunately)

Archived