1/2 price @ specialty restaurants

nytax

hi,

is there ever an offer for 1/2 price dining at the specialty restaurants on crown princess? dh and i have just sailed ncl dawn and there was an offer for 1/2 price dining every night 8:30-9:30 pm.

thanks,

No discounts. It's $20pp regardless of when you book. Word to the wise -- book early or you either won't get a spot or will be eating dinner really early or really late.

My memory is a bit hazy on this but it seems as if on a sea day they also offer lunch in the specialty restaurants and it is cheaper than the dinner. Anyone else remember anything about this?

Nope it was always the same price! I tried both and LOVED THEM BOTH!

My memory is a bit hazy on this but it seems as if on a sea day they also offer lunch in the specialty restaurants and it is cheaper than the dinner. Anyone else remember anything about this?

Several years ago they offered a brunch at Sabitini's which was less expensive but I don't think they do this anymore.

We did a NCL cruise in 2005 on the Spirit...and we eat at the half price time (before 6:30 PM) every night after the first night in the regular dining room. The food on the cruise was horrible unless you paid extra for it. Princess dining is so much better :)

Quincytoo.. I agree with you. We were on the NCL Jewel and we found the dining room food to be terrible but the paid for food in the specialty reataurants was good. Although it was hard to get reservations in some of the restaurants on board. One of the specialty restaurants that you didn't have to pay for was a Southwest style, and it was good.

hi,

is there ever an offer for 1/2 price dining at the specialty restaurants on crown princess? dh and i have just sailed ncl dawn and there was an offer for 1/2 price dining every night 8:30-9:30 pm.

thanks,

I also have never heard of this on any Princess ship, however I did hear/read something about only ordering one dinner. In other words, you make reservations for 2, but only pay for one dinner that you would split. This sounded like a good idea because at Sabitini's there is REALLY a lot of food!:D It is wonderful but sooooo much...Has anyone else heard about this or tried it???:confused: Just curious....

Princess doesn't have to force people toward their speciality resturants. NCL has a major problem with over crowding and some resturants too full and others 1/2 empty so they bribe you to go at specific times by running specials. Princess has a limited supply and if you can't get in you can have a fine meal at the main resturants. NCL purposely made their main resturants small with long waits to force you to their "free style" resturants. Trust me freestyle is anything but free.

Princesses anytime dining model is being adopted by RCL and HAL it works. NCL's is a mess and doesn't.

hi,

thanks,

The reason a restaurant (or any other business) has a "sale" is to draw folks in. On Princess, there is no shortage of people wanting to pay a little extra for a different dinning experience.

One of the "things to do" when first on the ship is to seek out the person taking reservations. By the second day, if they are not full, you are left with just a handfull of the less desireable days and starting times.

Archived