women - bathing suits at buffet

beccadoby

I think the only fair way to handle this, is for the hot ladies to post a picture of themselves in the bikini they plan on wearing to the buffet. Then we can let you know if you should wear a coverup or not. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, right....:p

Btw my DH agreed that all people (no matter what gender) have to cover up in the dining area. The buffet is tricky... It's more informal and usually attached to a pool area. I've never seen anyone in the bathing suites, speedos, etc. in the buffet area though... BTW not all men need to look at hot ladies in a swimsuits :p ; just the ones who don't have ONE yet....:D

Arrrrggh! My EYES! Once wasn't enough? Did you have to include it in your post as well?

Sorry, just wanted to make sure you knew what I was referring to. :D

Just when the picture of seeing what looked to be a huge grizzly bear going down a water slide at our last vacation was fading from my mind - NOW THIS????!!!!!! IT BURNS!!:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for your posts. They make me laugh out loud and people in the office wonder what I'm laughing at.....

have you guys seen some of the FAT women around the buffet/lido/swimming pool

some of them give you nightmares for days on end.......I have seen a few of them, Cruisecritc members too in my past sailings!

YUCK!!! Makes you wanna throw up on them, BIG FAT lassies

:D :D :D :D :D

awww thats not nice....as long as they cover up well and dress right and dont wear things that they shudnt... ex.. 2 pieces lol.....aww

BTW not all men need to look at hot ladies in a swimsuits :p ; just the ones who don't have ONE yet....:D

Ahhh, yes, but as my great grandpappy use to say:

"Just cause you're on a diet, don't mean you can't admire what's on the menu" :D

The big deal is that it is a restaurant :eek: ! Casual is NOT swimsuits and vacation or not swimsuits do not belong in a place that serves food.

but maybe a tube top and some shorts are ok?

Whats a tube top if nothing but fabric..whats a swim suit top if nothing but fabric?

Its ALL fabric !

Somethings were just meant to be covered up

And not all of us look like we stepped out of a magazine

real life is not air brushed!!!:p

Just for your information the people who are in a Magazine are not airbrushed anymore. yes it is true even playboy does not airbrush the photos.

now they use photoshop!

We were astounded at the number of women wearing two piece suits that really should not. And men in speedos with huge bellies.

I guess my question to you who made you the swim suit police, and who gave you the right to judge others on what kind of swin suit they should have on.

Where I grew up that is called small minded!

I don't care what shape a person is in....it is just polite to "cover it up in the buffet lines.' Recently back from the Carnival Freedom to Europe, I saw women inside in the buffet line also. I was embarrassed for them! There are too many cover ups available today to NOT do so.

I can't believe there's not a Redneck joke in this discussion !

However, I have to agree it's a matter of CLASS, and R E S P E C T !!

Please cover up inside a public restaurant (Buffet). Just because YOU feel it's okay, doesn't mean the rest, or majority, of society thinks so. You may think it's ok to have old washing machines and junk cars in your front yard, I don't, and I'm guessing the majority don't think it's ok either....have some consideration for others!

Wow, I'm glad I read this thread......I never thought of this subject as so controversial! I'm finding that just about every subject you can think of has heated opinions on each side. Heck, you should read the ones where people get twisted that EVERYONE doesn't dress in tuxedos and ballgowns for formal night! For crying out loud people, is it really life or death what someone wears to the buffet? Life is too short to be so concerned about everyone else's actions! Come to work with me and put life into perspective!!!! I'm an embalmer and I see tragedy all the time...a few weeks ago I embalmed a couple who died in a motorcycle accident. They had two kids at home age 14 and 11. It seems to me that the fact that everyone on these threads are planning VACATIONS and not FUNERALS ought to be counting their blessings not picking each other apart about trivial things!

I personally see both sides of the issue. I guess I'll go buy a cover up for the buffet, but I'll wear my swimsuit in the pool area and even possibly in the halls on the way to and from my cabin:eek:

Wow, I'm glad I read this thread......I never thought of this subject as so controversial! I'm finding that just about every subject you can think of has heated opinions on each side. Heck, you should read the ones where people get twisted that EVERYONE doesn't dress in tuxedos and ballgowns for formal night! For crying out loud people, is it really life or death what someone wears to the buffet? Life is too short to be so concerned about everyone else's actions! Come to work with me and put life into perspective!!!! I'm an embalmer and I see tragedy all the time...a few weeks ago I embalmed a couple who died in a motorcycle accident. They had two kids at home age 14 and 11. It seems to me that the fact that everyone on these threads are planning VACATIONS and not FUNERALS ought to be counting their blessings not picking each other apart about trivial things!

I personally see both sides of the issue. I guess I'll go buy a cover up for the buffet, but I'll wear my swimsuit in the pool area and even possibly in the halls on the way to and from my cabin:eek:

WOW left me speechless..thats terrible but youre right

REALITY CHECK!

I have cruised celebrity several times and not everyone wore tux's or even suits for that matter.. just look presentable!

Thanks for the dose of reality, now back to the absurd.

Don't you guys think this discussion really goes nowhere as someone else had mentioned? Nobody can change people's mind...I don't think that was the purpose of the thread originally... Maybe it's better to keep our opinions to ourselves and do what we gotta do... We can't get stressed over everything and, as someone else mentioned earlier, we can't please everyone... So good luck with everybody's vacations and try not to pay an attention to those who, in your opinion, shows no respect for others...:o At least, I try not to...

I know this is off topic, though many have veered off...but isn't this a tremendous invasion of this woman's privacy to post her photo on the internet for all to see. Even though she is at the beach doesn't necessarily mean she wants millions of people to see her. The way she's smiling seems to indicate she's pleased with her appearance, but I still question if she would want this out there like this. Just my thoughts.

I know this is off topic, though many have veered off...but isn't this a tremendous invasion of this woman's privacy to post her photo on the internet for all to see. Even though she is at the beach doesn't necessarily mean she wants millions of people to see her. The way she's smiling seems to indicate she's pleased with her appearance, but I still question if she would want this out there like this. Just my thoughts.

Ummmm, anyone that goes out in public dressed like that is not worried about anyone seeing her photo published on the world wide net. She has on just enough clothes to cover the essential parts and that's about it. I would bet that she is enjoying the attention or she would not be out there dressed like that.:rolleyes:

Ummmm, anyone that goes out in public dressed like that is not worried about anyone seeing her photo published on the world wide net. She has on just enough clothes to cover the essential parts and that's about it. I would bet that she is enjoying the attention or she would not be out there dressed like that.:rolleyes:

1. It is okay to post any picture on the web we want as long as we don't know the person.
  2. "She asked for it; just look at the way she dresses."
  3. We can do whatever we want; it's our vacation.
  4. When on vacation all tact goes out the window.
  5. If Carnival doesn't specifically state that something is against the rules then go for it.
  6. As long as we don't drowl, drip, sneeze or excrete on the food it is not unsanitary.
  7. We can get out of the pool, drip to the buffet, sit down and eat and leave the wet chair for the next person to worry about.

I'm sure I missed something but this is generally what I have gleened from the last 12 pages.

I agree, but not to make light of your job, do you think the women in the photo has been embalmed, my wife who believes in spooky thing, is now worried about zombies in the carrib, and to reduce the level of comment to some of the other ops In the UK she would be known as a 2 bagger, one pulled over her head and body and one for mine in case in the heat of passion hers came off, regards

I agree, but not to make light of your job, do you think the women in the photo has been embalmed, my wife who believes in spooky thing, is now worried about zombies in the carrib, and to reduce the level of comment to some of the other ops In the UK she would be known as a 2 bagger, one pulled over her head and body and one for mine in case in the heat of passion hers came off, regards

Looking at the smile on her face, I would say "no, not embalmed". You can't imagine how many times I've been asked if I can make them smile! I've told jokes, funny stories, and yet still I get no reaction.....what's the deal? And sometimes we have to make light of situations that are absolutely NOT funny to preserve our sanity (mine's on shaky ground!)

I wonder why she's so skinny...I hope she's not a cancer patient that is enjoying her last vacation......not likely though with a bathing suit like that.....perhaps she's anorexic.......maybe she spent all her money on the vacation (not a cruise) and can't afford food.....whatever the case, she seems to be happy!

Archived