women - bathing suits at buffet

beccadoby

So what? If you don't like it, don't look.

I am not a swimsuit model either, and would wear a cover up. BUT, if someone feels good about themselves and doesn't buy into all this anorexic bull**** that the media puts on us as to what is "normal", who are you to rain on their parade?

I say good for them for having such a positive self image, and anybody else can go pound sand. I wish I was as confident as those people.

/end rant.

Linda

Ok there is a time and place for EVERYTHING. WHat we are saying is that where people are eating inside is not the place. I saw this woman because you could not help but to see her. WE did look away and didnt look back. But, I PERSONALLY think she should have never came into the buffet with just that on!

I have said NOTHING about anorexic on here and that everyone should look like that. I sure dont!

You have taken it and really blown it out of the water - way out in left field. THis thread has nothing to do with self image - it has more to do with courteous to other cruisers. It is strange how you have taken things in a different light and we have offended you.

So what? If you don't like it, don't look.

I am not a swimsuit model either, and would wear a cover up. BUT, if someone feels good about themselves and doesn't buy into all this anorexic bull**** that the media puts on us as to what is "normal", who are you to rain on their parade?

I say good for them for having such a positive self image, and anybody else can go pound sand. I wish I was as confident as those people.

/end rant.

Linda

Ok...but so not the point! The OP questions was swimsuits at the buffet....:rolleyes:

Ok there is a time and place for EVERYTHING. WHat we are saying is that where people are eating inside is not the place. I saw this woman because you could not help but to see her. WE did look away and didnt look back. But, I PERSONALLY think she should have never came into the buffet with just that on!

I have said NOTHING about anorexic on here and that everyone should look like that. I sure dont!

You have taken it and really blown it out of the water - way out in left feild. THis thread has nothing to do with self image - it has more to do with courteous to other cruisers. It is strange how you have taken things in a differenet light and we have offended you.

Opps :o - I answered before I saw that you had responded....

You have taken it and really blown it out of the water - way out in left field. THis thread has nothing to do with self image - it has more to do with courteous to other cruisers. It is strange how you have taken things in a different light and we have offended you.

Yes, your original post did apply to wearing bathing suits in the buffet area but some other posts made references that it would be okay for some to wear bathing suits and not others, depending how they look. I know that they were joking around but my mamma always told me there is always an expression of truth in a joke.

Here's a question: How many of you ever wore a bathing suit (without a cover-up) to a buffet? Would you walk into the buffet restaurant with just your bathing suit on? I don't even think a restaurant would let you in.

Ha-ha-ha....lol.... I don't want to meet you during the breakfast time in your lime green one piece thong. :D I don't know how it looks on you... but sorry it's dusgusting... and I'm not a conservative at all...lol. I am pretty sure you'll fit in.... lol... sorry, can't stop laughing, no offense:rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise!

Olga from the volga how could I take offence, I have just been released from the Margret Thatcher home for insane gentlemen, that is why I love my lime green thong ,you should see us in the buffet line there, for breakfast we all wear the same canvas and belted nightshirt, due to the locks we can only nod to a nurse what we wish to eat, so a pair of pert or saggy buttock, whilst I indulged in a big dollop of porridge would have been a sight for sore hands, regards

Here's a question: How many of you ever wore a bathing suit (without a cover-up) to a buffet? Would you walk into the buffet restaurant with just your bathing suit on? I don't even think a restaurant would let you in.

Walking thru the buffet restaurant to use the restroom with a skirt just covering my bottom not my bikini top. Cause the Lido bathroom stank:eek:

Does that count:confused:

Well, actually, you didn't offend me at all, and I happen to agree with you wrt covering up while in some sort of dining establishment. I wasn't replying to your post, I was replying to these specific comments:

"some of these people need to leave that t-shirt on while around the pool LOL";

"Somethings were just meant to be covered up

And not all of us look like we stepped out of a magazine

real life is not air brushed!!!:p",

and

"You guys probably just look really good in bathing suits

most people dont! "

So no, I don't think I've blown it out into left field at all. Note that I didn't even respond (because I agree with you) until after the third such comment.

Linda

Trock, you are too funny. Have to agree w/ you, I don't walk anywhere barefoot, unless it is my house or my parent's house. I have trouble walking barefoot in my hotel or cabin room. It totally creeps me out, all those other feet that have been there.:eek: Nasty. So no I would never walk barefoot on the Lido or in the buffet area.

As far as the bathing suit in the buffet area that is also a big no. Come on you are inside where people are sitting, cover yourself up and I don't care what you look like. I wear board-shorts and a bikini top and still throw a cover up on. And for those that sit inside to eat w/ their bathing suits on, now I have to sit where cheeks have been and that is sick too.:eek:

Men should also put a shirt on and I mean full shirt would be great. I am not a fan of any sort of tank top on a man, made DH throw ALL of his out 16 years ago when we got married.:cool:

http://www.barefooters.org/

These people are pretty serious about going barefoot everywhere....

Olga from the volga how could I take offence, I have just been released from the Margret Thatcher home for insane gentlemen, that is why I love my lime green thong ,you should see us in the buffet line there, for breakfast we all wear the same canvas and belted nightshirt, due to the locks we can only nod to a nurse what we wish to eat, so a pair of pert or saggy buttock, whilst I indulged in a big dollop of porridge would have been a sight for sore hands, regards

:D

I am from St. Petersburg, was born in Leningrad. Never been on Volga River....:p

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a little hottie in just a swim suit but I know it's a rare occurance and would rather everyone cover up when inside.

Outside is a different story though. Heck, go nude for all I care.

:D

I am from St. Petersburg, was born in Leningrad. Never been on Volga River....:p

Ah petrograd babuska, you mean you have missed the jan cruise season on the Volga, were inflamed with vodka we dived naked into the passage cut through the ice by the famous ice breaker, leon trotsky, you have never lived, will the triumph live up to that experience, dasvidania comrade olga

So funny ROFLOL :D

Walking thru the buffet restaurant to use the restroom with a skirt just covering my bottom not my bikini top. Cause the Lido bathroom stank:eek:

Does that count:confused:

So you had a skirt on and not your top? I think that counts. I don't believe it though, have any pictorial proof? :p ;)

I've worn just my bathing suit to a sit down restaurant before...granted it was on the beach, but I feel they are similar situations.

So you had a skirt on and not your top? I think that counts. I don't believe it though, have any pictorial proof? :p ;)

You and your proof:cool: The only proof you will get is in the alcohol you drink:p Or in your case maybe 5% in your 12 oz:D

Bottom line is that it is inappropriate to go thru the buffet with just swimsuit on. Cover up! There is a time and a place...

I have sailed on Carnival and RCI, and the truth is I have only seen people go thru the buffet line with just a swimsuit on - on Carnival. It was never done on RCI.

There he goes again.

Nuttin' wrong with that :D

You and your proof:cool: The only proof you will get is in the alcohol you drink:p Or in your case maybe 5% in your 12 oz:D

Aren't you the party pooper.

Some people don't care to let it all hang out......................

Just because we are eating at the buffet on the

lido deck,,,,,,,,Everyone should be covered.......

If you are going to wear a swimsuit,cover up...

Men should have a shirt on with their swim trunks............

Please men no speedos..........................

There should be a rule no shirt,,no shoes,,no service........

Let's all keep our bodies covered..........

Archived