women - bathing suits at buffet

beccadoby

i dont see a problem with guys just wearing shorts and girls in bathing suits as long as their not all umm ''big boned''.

I don't care either & I don't care what size they are.

It's vacation, people need to stop stressing over what other people do!

By the way.......you will Love Liberty:)

I personally don't see a big deal. Going through the food line with or without a cover-up, what really is the big deal? It's certainly not a hygenic issue. The buffet is casual & I think swimsuits are fine. I have to stop & think if we went through the line in our suits...pretty darn sure we did. I just don't see the big deal.

I would think it would depend on whether or not the person is wet. I have had someone standing in front of me in line and dripping on the floor and to me that was tacky. Especially if that wet behind then sits in a booth and leaves a damp spot for the next person to sit in.

I personally don't see a big deal. Going through the food line with or without a cover-up, what really is the big deal? It's certainly not a hygenic issue. The buffet is casual & I think swimsuits are fine. I have to stop & think if we went through the line in our suits...pretty darn sure we did. I just don't see the big deal.

EWWWW I think for me it would certainly make me lose my appetite (hey a diet!!) And with some people it could very well be a hygenic issue as some have hair showing from places that you just don't want to see!!!!

One time we were at a water park and I saw what looked like a grizzly bear coming down a slide and it turned out to be a guy with hair from head to toe - it was a water park so to each his own but if it would've been at an eating establishment ewwww :eek::eek:

I don't care either & I don't care what size they are.

It's vacation, people need to stop stressing over what other people do!

By the way.......you will Love Liberty:)

i cant wait! we are on lido inside cabin, i always have an ov but on the last cruise we went with an inside and both really like it for two reasons the price difference and its very dark compared to ov with the curtain closed so we slept great!

One time we were at a water park and I saw what looked like a grizzly bear coming down a slide and it turned out to be a guy with hair from head to toe - it was a water park so to each his own but if it would've been at an eating establishment ewwww :eek::eek:

Whew, that's a relief. I thought you were going to say it was a woman. :eek:

OK, in my opinion, its just common sense, you are in an area serving food, people are eating and trying to enjoy a meal, and some sweaty pig is standing over the food line with no shirt and no shoes, filling up a plate as if that would be the last food he would have in his lifetime. along comes the girlfriend in a two piece that is mostly hidden under skin folds.....I could go on. Not making fun of any body type, I am no Joe Adonis, but cover it up, wear some shoes, and wash the sweat off before you go to eat at the buffet.

I personally would not do it. Not because of any other reason then I would feel uncomfortable to go to the buffet in my bathing suit. I do not put it on to go to the bathroom, though. I mean...why bother?? If you don't feel comfortable with walking a few steps to the bathroom in your bathing suit, you probably shouldn't wear one. As for the hygiene issue. I agree here. What difference does it make if you are around food in your suit without a coverup? That's a new one for me.

Although the buffet is 'casual', there are apparently many interpretations of the word. Going to the buffet in swimwear is impolite, would you walk into Applebee's in your bathing suit? The poolside barbeque is designed for people who don't want to cover up or get dressed... go ahead and go to that line in your suit, that's what it is for. But honestly, I don't care to look at people in their suits while I am sitting in a restaurant.

Additionally, it is unhygienic to go into a restaurant in only a swimsuit. How so you might wonder? Well, let's see, when you sit your drippy, wet bottom down on chairs you are spreading germs. I won't elaborate anymore, but you get the picture. And you wonder WHY the norovirus spreads on cruiseships?

Lets think that one over for a minute...

Someone who has the norovirus (or hepatitis A or anyother fecal/oral transmittable disease) sits on a seat with their wet bathing suit. The 'germs' seep onto the seat. The next unsuspecting slob who sits there touches the seat and then proceeds to eat... ie fecal germs transmitted orally and voila! You've got yourself a sick person because someone thought it was OK to eat in a restaurant in their bathing suit!

That's almost as bad as those people who don't use the hand sanitizer before going into the buffet, because they use their own right before they eat... AND HOW does that help the rest of us?

Good grief!

Don't take this as a flame, just trying to give some insight into how germs spread.

That said, I really can't recall people dripping wet in the buffet line, or losing my appetite over somebody's uncovered cellulite

A little hail damage isn't dry heave inducing.

Additionally, it is unhygienic to go into a restaurant in only a swimsuit. How so you might wonder? Well, let's see, when you sit your drippy, wet bottom down on chairs you are spreading germs. I won't elaborate anymore, but you get the picture. And you wonder WHY the norovirus spreads on cruiseships?

I've noticed people at the buffet in their swimsuits before, but never anyone who was dripping wet. It's usually women who are out tanning and come in to grab a plate of food. It's never bothered me, and I didn't realize it would bother other people. If someone was standing there dripping water all over the place, now THAT would really irritate me.

OMG, that was so funny! I have tears running down my cheeks (the ones on my face, LOL)!!! :D

Although the buffet is 'casual', there are apparently many interpretations of the word. Going to the buffet in swimwear is impolite, would you walk into Applebee's in your bathing suit? The poolside barbeque is designed for people who don't want to cover up or get dressed... go ahead and go to that line in your suit, that's what it is for. But honestly, I don't care to look at people in their suits while I am sitting in a restaurant.

Lets think that one over for a minute...

Someone who has the norovirus (or hepatitis A or anyother fecal/oral transmittable disease) sits on a seat with their wet bathing suit. The 'germs' seep onto the seat. The next unsuspecting slob who sits there touches the seat and then proceeds to eat... ie fecal germs transmitted orally and voila! You've got yourself a sick person because someone thought it was OK to eat in a restaurant in their bathing suit!

That's almost as bad as those people who don't use the hand sanitizer before going into the buffet, because they use their own right before they eat... AND HOW does that help the rest of us?

Good grief!

Don't take this as a flame, just trying to give some insight into how germs spread.

These are some great concerns but I believe you are pushing it to the extreme. It would be very difficult for someone to leave some virus on a seat and when the next person used the same seat that virus would travel through their pants, undergarment and infect them.

You are most likely to catch a virus through handshakes, sneezing, contaminated utensils and food. We all remember from high school health ecucation that you can hardly catch an STD from a toilet seat (except crabs :eek: )

I really do not want to get serious about this thread, but I would presume that the water in the swimming pools have been chlorinate to some degree, therefore any person dripping water from the pool, would probably be cleaner, than at other times, for us it is the people who do not wash there hands after using the loo, and then handle the food etc, this is far more relevant, than the overt display of flesh,that may make me feel sick mentaly,the other may make me sick physically. regards

Do any of you people just relax and enjoy your vacation and not worry about what EVERYONE else is doing or wearing? 50 threads a day about if you dont want to get dressed up go to the buffett. How about if you dont want to see people in swimsuits then go to the dining room. Dont the serve 3 meals a day? or you could always call room service and wouldnt even have to see anyone in a swimsuit.

btw I do cover up but if someone else doesn't want to and they arent getting the floor wet why should I care ?

RELAX PEOPLE it is a vacation

OK, in my opinion, its just common sense, you are in an area serving food, people are eating and trying to enjoy a meal, and some sweaty pig is standing over the food line with no shirt and no shoes, filling up a plate as if that would be the last food he would have in his lifetime. along comes the girlfriend in a two piece that is mostly hidden under skin folds.....I could go on. Not making fun of any body type, I am no Joe Adonis, but cover it up, wear some shoes, and wash the sweat off before you go to eat at the buffet.

You forgot this scenario...

a-borat2.jpg

You forgot this scenario...

a-borat2.jpg

That is the very thong that olga from the volga said I should wear, borat is my cousin,he told me he had a good time in your country, we cannot marry not because we are both men, but because we are cousins, although he told me it was ok in certain parts of the US, like it is in the old country, it must be the color that offend, I will get my wife Eva Vestoff, to re dye it pink, would that be ok? regard Constant Malacca

I really do not want to get serious about this thread, but I would presume that the water in the swimming pools have been chlorinate to some degree, therefore any person dripping water from the pool, would probably be cleaner, than at other times, for us it is the people who do not wash there hands after using the loo, and then handle the food etc, this is far more relevant, than the overt display of flesh,that may make me feel sick mentaly,the other may make me sick physically. regards

Not true :eek: ! The pools are NOT chlorinated!!

Do any of you people just relax and enjoy your vacation and not worry about what EVERYONE else is doing or wearing? 50 threads a day about if you dont want to get dressed up go to the buffett. How about if you dont want to see people in swimsuits then go to the dining room. Dont the serve 3 meals a day? or you could always call room service and wouldnt even have to see anyone in a swimsuit.

btw I do cover up but if someone else doesn't want to and they arent getting the floor wet why should I care ?

Because it is a place that is serving food......:cool:

Agreed. I guess they don't understand they are on a ship with 3,000 passengers. There are going to be many differences. And if some do things differently they are told to find another vacation venue. Maybe if you can't tolerate other differences then those people should think about a different vacation:rolleyes: Like stay home in your sweet little world:rolleyes:

Archived